1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma Owner, New Member, from Southern NJ... Just saying Hello

Discussion in 'North East' started by robmski, May 31, 2018.

1. May 31, 2018 at 6:55 AM
    robmski

robmski [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Southern New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    --No real topic for this post-- Just a Hello

I just wanted to send a friendly Hello to all of you Tacoma owners here in New Jersey & the Northeast. I am a new member to this page and also a new owner of a '15 TRD Off-Road and figured I'd make a short post to introduce myself.. I live in Burlington, New Jersey... born and raised here. I just turned 31 the other day, still trying to figure out where the past 10 years have gone! Time really flies by the older you get. I am engaged to a beautiful girl, set to get married in this upcoming September.

I spent a bunch of weekends in my teens and 20's driving around in the Pinebarrens here in Burlington County, exploring all the back roads and trails and quarries with my buddies. (Wharton State Forest, Bass River, Lebanon Forest, Hidden Lakes, Island Beach, etc..) A bunch of awesome trips getting our trucks caked in mud and having a blast. Unfortunately, the older we get, the less free-time we have and those fun trips started to dissipate over the years.

I am very excited to be a truck owner again, the past couple years I have been driving around in a little Hyundai Elantra that treated me well, had great gas mileage, but god forbid you need to floor it for some reason or if it snows outside... It feels so good to be back in a truck after driving that toy car for years.

I have always loved the look of Tacoma's but damn, that price-tag for a new one is pretty discouraging!!! I spent years saving, researching, price-watching, and waiting for the right truck to come to me. Happy to say that I found it and absolutely love the truck. I've already done a few upgrades, no major changes yet. Hanging out on this website and on YouTube has me wanting to do more and more and more but I am far from being a wealthy individual so I will tackle one thing at a time. A little 2-3 inch lift and bigger tires is my next goal for the truck, doing my research and leg work now for those upgrades.

Let me stop rambling on and on...

Again, Hello to everyone! Happy to be a part of this community and see how many people love these trucks as much as I do. Feel free to message me...

Yodeville, NAAC3TACO and Bastek like this.
  2. May 31, 2018 at 7:16 AM
    Bastek

Bastek Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seb
    SI NY
    Vehicle:
    '17 OR MGM
    Some stickers, plastidip and radio knobs
    Welcome :wave:

3. May 31, 2018 at 7:17 AM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Firestone Destination LE2 tires, Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts.
    Welcome!

4. May 31, 2018 at 9:37 AM
    Anchovy

Anchovy Rule #1: Never take me seriously

Member:
    First Name:
    TRD Ferguson
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road (OVTuned)
    I'm not too far away we've probably seen each other without knowing

robmski [OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in