1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma Owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Chicago Taco, May 30, 2012.

1. May 30, 2012 at 10:08 AM
    Chicago Taco

Chicago Taco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    Black Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    None as of yet
    Good Afternoon All,

And thank you for the tons of useful information on these forums. I've already used a few threads to order, and soon to install, a few components, e.g. Tailgate Powerlock, F1 Bakflip.

About me:

I'm from Chicago, have lived in various areas throughout the Midwest, and have always wanted the Toyota 4Runner. Now that I have a Tacoma, I don't know that I want anything else. My Taco has the Entune system, rear locker, A TRAC (which I heard was strange for a sport I guess), and 17" stock wheels. I'm not going to lie, I probably won't mod much simply because I love the hell out of the truck the way she is. Granted, I did special order her though.

I'm excited to see such a strong following for the Tacoma and look forward to reading more on these threads. She's going on a mountain excursion mid-June in Tennessee, so if anyone knows of any trails near Gatlinburg, let me know. I'm not going all extreme or anything, but I'll certainly take on anything she's built to handle.

Again, thanks for the awesome threads and informative forums. It's truly a great resource.

Cheers! :cheers:

031_11db52e45e9072a830e5306469db93e7479614da.jpg

2. May 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
  3. May 30, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    Glocker23

Glocker23 Drive fast take chances

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    Debadged, Tonneau cover, Grillcraft MX grill, OKLED 20" light bar in grill, Aero AT2525 muffler
    Nice truck Bro. I picked up my first dcsb sport a few weeks ago and loving it. Good luck

4. May 30, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    mne3312

mne3312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '10 Prerunner SR5
    K&N Air Filter, Weather Tech Floor Mats, Weather Tech Deflectors, Truck Covers USA Roll Cover, 15% front 5% back Tint, Toyota Hitch Cover, Pop & Lock 8521, Pioneer 4400BH, Infinity 6-1/2" Speakers, 4-Channel Amplifier, Access Bed Mat
    Congrats on the new rig. Looks great!
    I just installed the 8521 Pop&Lock the other day. It is a super easy install that took me 2 hours only because I took my time with it. I'm not sure about the '12 as far as wire color to tap into, but I would think it would be the same. On my '10 I tapped into the blue wire with black stripe and the blue wire with red stripe. I went straight into the white plug that is behind the kick panel on the passenger side. I would wire it to the passenger side for two reasons: 1. You will have to hit the unlock button twice to unlock the tailgate. This is better then the tailgate unlocking every time you get in and out of the driver's side. 2. There are fewer wires to sort through on the passenger side which makes for an easier and faster install. Oh, and I grabbed one of my wife's kitchen sponges and installed it between the Pop&Lock and the tailgate. This keeps it from sounding like a door stop when you close the tailgate. Because it mounts with only one screw from your handle and hangs out in space when you close the tailgate it will sound like a spring in there when you close it. The sponge will keep that from happening.

Welcome to TW!

5. May 30, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    Chicago Taco

Chicago Taco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    Black Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    None as of yet
    Thanks all! I definitely love this truck.

@ mne3312 - Awesome tip on the sponge and explanation on the passenger side wiring. I never would have thought of that. Thanks again!!!

@ Glocker23 - Thanks! Had her in the snow in December. It took the fun out of it. All I had to do was switch into 4W High and I drove through a foot of snow as if it were nothing more than white colored air. It felt great pulling out Grand Cherokee's though...

6. May 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome aboard! :wave:

7. May 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    ShadesOfGrey

ShadesOfGrey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Salem, OR
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB, TRD Sport 4x4, MGM
    TRD Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid CAI, Pro Comp 3" Suspension Lift, 17" Moto Metal rims w/ 33" Pro Comp tires, Powder Coated Pro-Tech Headache Rack & Toolbox
    Welcome to TW from OR.

8. May 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Welcome to Tacoma World from Nova Scotia.

Frank

Products Discussed in

To Top