1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tail lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sam091990, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Apr 22, 2021 at 8:41 PM
    Sam091990

Sam091990 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Vehicle:
    BLK '12 DCLB PreRunner TRD Sport V6
    Marsauto LEDs in license tag lights Marsauto LEDs in map lights Yorkim Red LEDs in High mount brake light Zevo LED in dome light (may change that, it is not too bright)
    So, I am planning to buy a new set of all LED tail lights (sans reverse, they require you to reuse the ones you have) and wanna know if they will work with my truck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2005-2...ip-Tail-Lights-Lamps-Left-Right-/133542337178

I PMed the seller and they say they will work with my truck but I wanna make sure before spending the $180 on them. I have the 2012 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Sport with OEM LED brake lights.

Some idiot replaced the socket on my driver side turn signal with a 3 prong instead of a r prong (which is on the other side) so my bulb keeps falling out. I figure why not forget about bulbs (except reverse) and go full LED.

Any input would be appreciated even if you have your own Ideas for the tail lights (provided they are under $200)

Thank you
    Sam

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Apr 22, 2021 at 9:09 PM
    crashnburn80

crashnburn80 Vehicle Design Engineer

Member:
    Kirkland, WA
    Vehicle:
    2003 DCSB TRD OR
    Go Hawks!
    Aftermarket will not last nearly as long or match the quality of the OEM LED units. I cannot even count how many aftermarket ones I’ve seen with many emitters burnt out or failed seals looking like cheap Walmart trash after a short period of time. If you care about quality and longevity I’d highly recommend staying with OEM.

burgershot likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top