1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by allents6, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Aug 31, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    allents6

allents6 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TAllen
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab SRS TRD 4x4
    K&N FIlter
    I'm looking to buy some new tires for my 06 Taco Double Cab 4x4. I seldom if ever get off road. I'm in the process of wearing out my second set of BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A. First set was okay, this set has been horrible. I've kept them rotated as suggested by the tire dealer, kept pressures to correct level. Problem is my tires have about 22,000 miles on them and the look like the have 60,000. I live in a pretty hilly area and while the roads are paved, the pavement is very rough. I have to do a lot of starting, stopping, turning on go up some pretty big inclines. Could the all that add up to such treadware? Treadware is even and I've made no alterations to tires/wheels or suspension. Any suggestion on a different brand or anything else I may try?

2. Aug 31, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Michelin LTX M/S. Mine have been really good to me. I've only had uneven wear cause I forgot to change the pressure in my rear tires after taking the concrete slabs out of the back.
    Excellent on dry pavement, phenomenal in the rain, not too bad on snow and ice. Long life and tons of siping.

3. Aug 31, 2009 at 11:32 AM
    allents6

allents6 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TAllen
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma Double Cab SRS TRD 4x4
    K&N FIlter
    I had Michelins on my 99 F-150 and loved them. That's what I should have gotten when I rbought new tires last year. I'll probably go back w/ Michelin LTX. I know they are more expensive, but they last forever. I'm out on BF Goodrich and Goodyear both.

Thanks for the advice

4. Sep 1, 2009 at 9:58 AM
    evbe

evbe Member

Member:
    my friend suggested to me Cooper Zeons that he has on his truck. they look great and the tread is not wearing fast at all. and also they are not expensive at all

Products Discussed in

To Top