1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to all this

Discussion in 'New Members' started by crowskeaze, May 27, 2023.

1. May 27, 2023 at 10:16 PM
    crowskeaze

crowskeaze [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2023 taco
    Well like it says new to this site so I bought my first new Tacoma 4x4 off-road in 2020 just put a truxxx leveling kit for it an thru on some 285/70r17 americus m/t tires while the truck only had 300 miles on it truck did great tires got me 60k miles back then I didn’t know what to expect from a Tacoma or a truck I’ve been car less for over a decade just been riding my Harley’s it was the wife’s idea for a truck since she wasn’t happy with there 2020 RAV4 so we traded and got the truck. Right when we were at 96k miles on the 2020 Tacoma the motor sounded a little different so we decided that we would trade it in and went with another Tacoma but sport this time around since the off road slow crawling option didn’t make any sense to me because the few times I tried to use it the truck ran like crap it felt like. So now I got the 2023 Tacoma purrs like a kitty this time around I’m doing things differently the only lift that was available that I found was the 3.5 rough country I seen some hate on them but I have the stage 2 kit no blocks new leaf springs, coils with struts an upper control arms with a diff drop kit if things feel great I will invest in there stage 3 kit. That’s actually how I ended up here on this forum because I was looking for a review on that lift an found some love an some hate, like I said in that thread I live in So Cal an I’ve seen a gang of trucks running rough country an there always beat to hell still working . I’m glad to be here though to chop it up with like minded enthusiasts Tacoma people I feel I’m ready to make this commitment since I could have gotten a gladiator but chose to get a Tacoma instead this time around though once I hear the engine sound different I will have the dealer maybe torque the valves an see if that helps or search here on the forum for some help. Well thanks for having me looking forward to chopping it up an maybe even do some over landing ? Or off roading with some people from here?

buckhuntin-tacoma likes this.
  2. May 27, 2023 at 10:29 PM
    buckhuntin-tacoma

buckhuntin-tacoma Shed hunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Quincy IL
    Vehicle:
    2014 Spruce Mica Tacoma DCLB
    4 inch lift - complete blackout, n-fab step bars, Black Horse bull bar, 20 inch light bar, anytime fog lights, added led day running lights, Fuel wheels and Falken Wildpeak tires ,custom fit seat covers, Gatorback mud gaurds
    Welcome to TW!

crowskeaze[OP] likes this.
  3. Jun 5, 2023 at 3:30 AM
    danvetc

danvetc Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ga
    TW is a wonderful place to check for TSB on your truck as they come. Some dealers are not so helpful. Enjoy your ride!

Products Discussed in

To Top