1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to forum, and shopping for a Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Jayhawk815, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Nov 24, 2009 at 11:12 PM
    Jayhawk815

Jayhawk815 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have always been a car person, that is, owned a sports car or at the very least a sports sedan. I've always enjoyed the handling/acceleration/performance/decent mileage of said cars, and never consider anything else till I recently got married and bought a house, and moved out to rural America. Now I find myself constantly needing the use of a truck, whether it be picking up firewood, making runs to Home Depot, or heading out to the in-laws' farms via dirt and gravel roads in inclement weather.

While still considering a couple of cars, I've narrowed it down to the Tacoma if I go with a truck. I have a decent commute each day for work, and want something that can at least approach 20 mpg, and doesn't require the Bonneville Salt Flats to make a U-turn and maneuver. I briefly considered the Nissan Frontier, but much preferred the looks of the Tacoma, as well as the incredible resale vale. I can't believe how much a 1-2 year old Tacoma goes for!

Bottom line: I love the looks, decent fuel economy and performance, and size of the Tacoma. I need four doors for hauling the children around, and am focusing on 2009+ TRD Sport or Off-road DBL Cab. We have a "bun in the oven" and are just waiting on our finances to settle before making the purchase!

Am greatly looking forward to joining your community!

p.s. Sorry for the long and rambling first post!

2. Nov 24, 2009 at 11:33 PM
    supremetaco2

supremetaco2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    +hp, lifted, lights, dif breather mod, debadged, shorty antenna...
    if u gonna go offroading get 4x4 with the offroad pckage. gon be worth it :)

3. Nov 25, 2009 at 1:00 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Welcome to the forum :wave:
    Congrats on the "bun" :)

4. Nov 25, 2009 at 4:37 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Hello & welcome to TW.

5. Nov 25, 2009 at 4:48 AM
    DOERanger

DOERanger Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Sport SB
    No Mudflaps, Fog lights on all the time, Map light/Dome light mod, Door sill protectors, In-channel window guards, Re-badged and sock-monkeyed,many more to come.
    Got a 2010, love it.

6. Nov 25, 2009 at 4:30 PM
    Edrin55

Edrin55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Magnetic Gray TRD Sport Access Cab
    Avid Off Road Light Bar Line-X'd, Black Sand Pearl Hood Scoope, Truck Covers USA metal roll up bed cover, Thule Custom lockable light bar, TRD Sport Exhaust, Line-X'd TRD skid plate, Slee Off Road Sliders, Upgraded 3.5" Rearview Mirror/Monitor, Anytime Foglight Mod. (TY Jeff), Smoked Foglights, SilverStar Headlight & Foglight Bulbs, Tinted windows all around, Vent visors, Bed mat with security mod, Wet Okoles front & back, Race/Sport Pedals, Tailgate Clamps, PopNLcok 5300 Tailgate Lock, All weather mats, Helo 17x8 Hubcentric Rims & BFG All Terrain 265/70/17, Blisteins 5100's all around with mini leaf add to the rears, AFE Pro Dry drop in filter, Go Rhino Hitch Step, TRD License Plate Frames and Tire Valve Covers. GrillCraft MX Mesh upper and lower grills with "old school TOYOTA" FJ emblem, Cobra CB Radio, Firestick CB Antenna with custom mount.
  7. Nov 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Get the Tacoma. The double cab is very versatile. The Off Road Prerunners all very capable as well..

Products Discussed in

To Top