1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to Tacomas - looking to buy - HELP?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by aimcat, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Apr 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    aimcat

aimcat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I dont have an opportunity to listen to either because my local dealer doesnt have the JBL in stock...the dealerships im looking at cars at are a bit from me but willing to deliver the trucks to us.
    Does the 6 disc regular cd player have the ability to plug in your ipod to it?

2. Apr 8, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    jking3002

jking3002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Scion tC
    Ricer muffler, window tent, trd shift knob.
    They have an aux input (line-in) that comes stock. It doesn't use the USB of the IPOD chord, but it will get the sound in there via an aux audio cable plugged into the ipod's headphone jack. A dealer can add an IPOD adapter if you want a better sound quality, or if you want the ability to listen and charge on one chord. Personally, I just use the line in/aux input for sound and run a car ipod charger into the dash for charge. No big deal to me, and the IPOD can both charge and play at the same time. Just takes two chords, and doesn't look as clean.

3. Apr 8, 2011 at 8:46 PM
    Innkeeper271

Innkeeper271 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 DCLB
    Toyota OEM bed mat, Weathertech Digital Floor Liners, window visors & bug/stone deflector. Wet Okole seat covers front/rear, Dynolock HS tailgate lock.
    I just bought a 2011 SR5 DC long bed a couple of weeks ago. I didn't care about the JBL bit wanted the BT. Turns out BT is only offered with the JBL.

4. Apr 9, 2011 at 5:53 AM
    aimcat

aimcat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ok thanks for the Ipod info. I just wanted to make sure it had at least a way to plug the ipod into the system versus using an FM transmitter.

Products Discussed in

To Top