1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to Taco's, looking at a 2007

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dirtymike1, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Jun 7, 2011 at 10:38 AM
    Dirtymike1

Dirtymike1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Well I'm the new here and just had a few n00b questions. I looked around and didn't see and FAQ so while I'm sure these have been answered I just couldn't find them easily.

Gonig to go look at a 2007 Taco tonight, V6, 4 door with the TRD Off Road package. Just wanted to know of any problems that I should know about. It's got 75k on the clock, when do I have to do timing belt/chain and water pump? If it hasn't been abused how much longer should I have on teh shocks and struts? It seems pretty well maintained and it's a cert-used at a Toyota dealer. Are there any recalls that I should be aware of and check to see if they have been done? I read the TSB's in teh sticky already and will print that list out and see if there are any others and to look for them.

Thanks all!

2. Jun 7, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    Welcome :wave:

The V6 doesn't have a timing belt so you dont have to worry about that. The shocks/struts might need to be replaced. I have about 80k on my truck and just replaced the 2 rears, one was completely blown the other wasn't far behind it. It really just depends on what kind of road/treatment it went thru during the past 75k. I would make sure the TSB for the rear suspension has been done. The TSB sticky should cover all possible problems. GL

3. Jun 7, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    Dirtymike1

Member:
    Thanks, that's good to know!

4. Jun 7, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    tacoteacher

tacoteacher Well-Known Member

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 access cab 4wd
    Stock for now
    Welcome to TW, Dirtymike! I have found sooooo much useful info on this forum. If you are new to Toyota trucks, good choice. I am currently on my third, and, having owned other vehicles, am sold on the looks and quality:thumbsup:

5. Jun 7, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    Dirtymike1

Member:
    Thanks! I've looked through the sticky's, any links to service intervals?

6. Jun 7, 2011 at 1:37 PM
    Fore

Fore Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    I have a 2007 Prerunner V6, 4 door with the TRD Off Road package with 75,000 miles on it. Still going strong with stock items still attached. If it's at a great price go for it. Just to let you know I paid $17,500 for mine when it had 43,000 miles on it. Do your homework before you buy and get all the service records if possible. Hope this helps!

7. Jun 8, 2011 at 5:10 AM
    Dirtymike1

Member:
    Well the 07 that we went to look at was pretty beat up, drove it around the block and decided that we didn't want it...

Also started to talk numbers on a new one and had no luck in getting the dealer to get to a decent price. Going to hit up a few other dealers for some new ones and see if we can't find a nice used one as well to look at.

8. Jun 8, 2011 at 7:55 AM
    MAPLENUTS

MAPLENUTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVEN
    East Coast, USA
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT TACOMA 4X4 L/B
    Stock
    The 2007s are out there, and some in perfect condition. I am testimony of that. Got mine from a dealer with 52K and a 4 year 100K certified pre-0wned warranty. Mine is a TRD Sport, with pretty much every option, but I am certain the off-roads models are out there as well. Paid under 20K. This one was coming off a 4 year lease.

To Top