1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to TW

Discussion in 'New Members' started by arctic04trd, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Nov 23, 2015 at 10:43 PM
    arctic04trd

arctic04trd [OP] VA7XTE

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB
    hey all,

Long time lurker. Bought an 04 Trd in September. She has 108,000 miles on her. Bought from original owner. Oil, fluids, and filters done right away. Looking forward to joining this super helpfull community (already done the grey wire mod and diff breather lol)

Cheers

image.jpg

2. Nov 23, 2015 at 11:20 PM
    lc8799

lc8799 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 sport
    Just joined tonight myself. Bought an 08 trd sport 4x4 in 2010. Now that she's paid for and I have a little extra $$ thinking about maybe lifting slightly or adding rear locker. The sport 4x4 comes with limited slip which I didn't know at time of purchase. Would appreciate any advice from the folks in here on lifting a couple inches (Im kinda on a budget) or finding out whether or not its possible or worth converting my limited slip rear end to a lockable one.

3. Nov 24, 2015 at 12:07 AM
    arctic04trd

arctic04trd [OP] VA7XTE

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB
    The question about the locker vs lsd boils down to what kind of off roading, if any, you do. My TRD off road came stock with one. Since the purchase of my truck, I haven't needed it (old logging roads, some easy but tight, rocky trails etc) but we will see come spring.

Same thing goes for the lift. I personally am going for a full OME 3" suspension. This decision was based mainly on reviews on here and Exp. Portal. I feel this setup will give me the ruggedness for overland travel needed here in Western Canada, while not breaking the bank. This will get me somewhat trail worthy enough to see some cool places. Another economic option a lot of people do on this forum is Bilstien 5100s with OME or Eibach coils. Not sure what's available for second gens.

Of course, there is always icons, foxs, Kings, and SAWs (camburgs), but this performance comes at a price (you mentioned a tight budget)

Hope this helps

4. Nov 24, 2015 at 12:15 AM
    neverstuck

neverstuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    Nice truck. Welcome fellow BC'er. And yeah - same setups are run in Gen 2's - lots of full OME or 5100's with Hibachis or OME springs. Can't go too far wrong but I'd recommend keeping it to 2 or 2.5" to limit wear and tear of CV and the absolute certainty that you won't need an aftermarket UCA to get a decent alignment.

5. Nov 24, 2015 at 7:12 AM
    arctic04trd

arctic04trd [OP] VA7XTE

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB
    Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if everything was the same for you second gen guys. All my reading has been 1gen only

I was planning 3" up front because of clearance issues for 33s. That will be my eventual tire size, along with a regear.

6. Nov 24, 2015 at 7:20 AM
    Over da Hill

Over da Hill "Roads...where we're going we don't need roads"

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    15 Black Taco 4WD DC SB SC
    Supercharger, Icon stage 3 suspension, Pelfreybilt Armor, All-Pro Sliders & Leaf Pack, 17 inch Black Rhino Sidewinder wheels, 33 inch Toyo tires, Rigid Lighting, SPod,
  7. Nov 24, 2015 at 8:39 AM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
    Welcome!

8. Nov 24, 2015 at 8:41 AM
    Mattynokes

Mattynokes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Madison, WI
    Vehicle:
    18' BLACK Off Road DCSB
    Prinsu Toprac TRD Beadlocks Century Shell
    Welcome!