1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new toy

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Ryan718, May 17, 2011.

?

Which one you like better?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2011.
  1. Bike

31 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Tacoma

99 vote(s)
    76.2%
  1. May 18, 2011 at 9:46 PM
    Kingfrog

Kingfrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail Edition
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
    You will be surprised at how that 250 will giddy up.....its a very light bike..The V Strom is the perfect second bike as well for someone who is not into testosterone RR bikes. A friend of mine rode his 650 from North Jersey to Alaska and back one Summer.

2. May 18, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    Kingfrog

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
  3. May 18, 2011 at 9:59 PM
    ian408

ian408 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    The Ninja or the SV would be a great choice. If I were you, I'd pick the SV because you can both learn on it and when you decide you want to upgrade the SV, you can. The Ninja, not so much--which is why you see them for sale all the time (which is not to say they are not good bikes, they are).

4. May 18, 2011 at 10:12 PM
    mh3kgt

mh3kgt -TACOMBO-

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Elko, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    OME 885's, OME Nitros front, Billy 5100's rear, 1.5"AAL, Satoshi'd Billet Grille, 18" Moto Metal 955's Plastidipped, more to come
    Nice lookin bike OP. The wife and I just upgraded bikes for this season as well. Sold my ninja 650r and her 09 250r for her 03 R6 and my 05 zx6r 636. Absolutely loving them, but we both still miss our old bikes at times. I still have to say tho, that 250r was some of the most fun I've ever had on a bike. They are a blast to ride, and will outhandle pretty much anything on the twisties if you know what you're doing. Ride safe and have fun! Oh and ATGATT! (all the gear all the time)

5. May 18, 2011 at 10:38 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    nice! i was looking forward till someone did this. Iv also been looking at hyosung as well, their 250's sound like they have the same bottom kick as the cbr that the ninja is lacking. But if also read alot of mixed reviews about hyosung. They have had built and quility problems in the past that have been haunting them but i so far (from the unbiased reviews, mosly from their costumers with 2010+) their fuel injected models have had very few issues. 2011 had maybe one or to and we will see for the 2012's i guess

[​IMG]

they are very nice and i have sat on a few of them. much bigger then the ninja and feel more like a light 650. also a little more sporty. If there was a dealer where I am i would definitely consider one of these. here is their forum set up by a local shop in my home town that had to close their doors http://korider.com/

I feel like we thread jacked this one lol, sorry OP

6. May 19, 2011 at 6:52 AM
    Aggie97

Aggie97 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner
    custom tan leather seats, bed track system bike rack, Vision Warrior wheels, smittybilt nerf bars, Extang BlackMax tonneau cover.
    want one of these bad boys...

[​IMG]

125 MPG

7. May 19, 2011 at 10:01 AM
    bonfire

bonfire Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle WA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport LB
    I sold my cruiser to get the Toyota. I do love the Toyota but on a nice sunny day I miss the bike.

8. May 19, 2011 at 12:18 PM
    zxtaco636

zxtaco636 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southeast, US
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    20% Tint all around, Debadged, Grill badge blacked out
    I went tacoma cause i like tacomas and love that blue. Didn't go with the bike because Im not a fan of the cbr although I do love the blue.

I would have voted for both had it been an option.

9. May 19, 2011 at 8:49 PM
    Cvd2312

Cvd2312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD OR
    OME 885’s w/NitroCharger’s 3rd Gen Leaf Pack w/Icon Progressive AAL 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak’s 17x9 Raceline Defender Wheels
    First of all, there's no way you could ever know if 95% of bike riders have better driving records, better driving habits, and fewer accidents. That was just a stupid comment.

2nd of all, you are always told that if you rear-end somebody, the accident is automatically your fault. And my explanation? "Sorry officer, I thought I saw something run in front of my truck, that's why I hit the brakes."
    Is it my fault that the crotch-rocket was following so close that he couldn't stop in time?

In my opinion, if you are driving something that will get you killed or seriously injured in an accident that would be a fender-bender if you were driving a normal vehicle, then it shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Just my 2 cents.

10. May 19, 2011 at 10:27 PM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......
    You would be suprised how often a brake check that results in a rear end gets deemed the driver in front's fault, hire the proper lawyer and it very easily turns into attempted murder, just like opening a door to block a rider from advancing int the side lanes while in thick traffic,

the 95% i will back wanna know why, i cant afford Bike insurance otherwise, the rates for a motorcycle go up by double in most places with just one stupid speeding ticket, and believe it or not we pay a lot more attention to detail to current weather/traffic/road conditions as its our lives on the line

Riding is a passion and a sport, i get 65mpg and can safely get home daily on my bike, i have been down i have been stupid and tbh ive rode in snow and ice its sucks balls but what can you do

you obviously dont know the safety behind a lot of bikes with a little fender bender i wear my gear from head to toe, ive been rear ended, ive been ass over the bike, ive been side swiped, but the one time i snapped cuz the driver brake checked me resulted in him being charged, as you know what other riders stand up for each other, cuz i bet that truck driver over there yah he rides harley and he just watched you apply the brakes for nothing to attempt to get someone off your tail, when the legal obligation is to safely change lanes and let him pass, and i bet if that rider you just brake checked ends up in your back window your not getting off with a Oh a cat ran out in front me, cuz guess what buddy insurance agents now prefer you run it over, too many asshats that rolled there truck and claimed they dodged a deer

11. May 20, 2011 at 12:47 AM
    Kingfrog

Member:
    Vehicle:

12MPH..lol There are a lot of them on the roads here...Mostly kids who can't afford a car or insurance yet ......... and DUI convicts.

No licence or registration needed for Mopeds here.

12. May 20, 2011 at 1:30 AM
    Tepidy

Tepidy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    11 tacoma 4x4
    Toytec Coil Overs 3.00" DSM UCA's (Desert Products) TSB 4 Leaf w/AAL by Pro Comp Bilstein 5100 rear 1"ToyTec SwayBar Drops 1" diff drop Detroit Trutrac Rear Diff Nitro 4.56 Gears Doug Thornley Header MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust Custom Built Rear Plate Bumper Custom Built Front Plate Bumper 4X Innovations Rock Sliders ATO Front Skid BAMF Rear Diff Skid Uniden 510XL Pro CB Raceline Renegades BF Goodrich Mud Terrains KM2's 265x75x16 WeatherTechs Rear Diff breather Relocate Intake Resonator Removed Yellow Wire Mod
    I picked the taco. If your going to buy a bike get a harley-JMO

13. May 20, 2011 at 4:50 AM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    i love four wheelers Taco especially....

but two wheels move the soul:)

14. May 20, 2011 at 5:18 AM
    Aggie97

Aggie97 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner
    custom tan leather seats, bed track system bike rack, Vision Warrior wheels, smittybilt nerf bars, Extang BlackMax tonneau cover.
    I was sort of half kidding, but I sometimes think it would be kind of cool to have one of these in the garage to do some of my running around on without always taking the truck. I live in a golf course type community where just about everything you need is close by, and roads are 30 mph.

I know they are slow, but that wouldn't be the point. I grew up riding dirt bikes and have never wanted to ride a road bike (too many people on the roads that don't pay enough attention). This would be for just putting around the area close to home, running errands...bank, post office, etc.

You do have to get a license sticker here in TX. I think it just requires taking a written test.

15. May 20, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    mh3kgt

mh3kgt -TACOMBO-

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Elko, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    OME 885's, OME Nitros front, Billy 5100's rear, 1.5"AAL, Satoshi'd Billet Grille, 18" Moto Metal 955's Plastidipped, more to come
    That has to be the most ignorant thing I've read on here so far. Seriously? You're gonna brake check a bike and possibly kill him, just cuz you don't like how close he is riding to you? Wow, I hope I never have to ride near a driver like yourself on the road, but sadly I know there are plenty of drivers on the road that feel the same way you do. It's a shame really. Riders take their lives in their hands everytime they go out riding as it is, and you're gonna make their chances of getting seriously injured even higher? Hmm. Like others have said, riding is a lifestyle/passion sport. Once you ride you change how you think on the road and I feel are a better driver because of your riding experiences. There's just so much more attention to detail you gain from riding. I know for a fact if I ever saw another driver brake check a bike on the road, whether the bike was riding too close or not, I'm gonna side with the rider of the bike and that driver's ass would be grass.

16. May 20, 2011 at 7:02 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    the 95% is true, most riders do rider very safely, its only small percent of riders that give all of them a bad name.

also, if you are going to slow in the fast lane people WILL pass you either on a bike or in a car, and if you dont like it then speed up or move over. and read the two quotes above.

17. May 20, 2011 at 11:30 PM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......
    For your information i work at an insurance company we no longer will back

"i thought i saw something cross out in front of me", it doesnt fly anymore, you litterally have to hit a deer or the cat or whatever is front of you, if you are going to cause an accident behind you, even if its the automatic rear end, things can still go both ways

yes 90% of rear end collisions end up as a the end drivers fault but again get the right lawyer or the officer doing his job correctly and that doesnt fly

and brake checking anyone is intent to harm or stunting again loopholes man get to know them

ever hear of stopping unsafely yup its a ticket

18. Jun 2, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    horwitzs

horwitzs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Dayton, WA
    Vehicle:
    TX Pro
    Supercharger, OME lift w/ LR UCAs, running boards, toolbox, extinguisher mount, skidplate, N-Fab light bar, 40" R.I. LED bar, WO seat covers, TRD intake, Weathertech mats and visors, stubby antenna, hood struts, LED interior lighting, Hella Supertones, and other stuff I'm forgetting.
    I ride but had to vote the Tacoma in this case because I prefer V-twins.
    Currently have a Ducati and an SV650.

19. Jun 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    BUZZ5

BUZZ5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC TRD Sport
    Many
    I love bikes, but I have seen so many turds buying sport bikes that are way beyond their experience level. You can spot them a mile away & there is a bunch of them out there. You usually see them in a ditch or under a guard rail. I have stopped a number of times to help these idiots & usually they have only had the bike a day or two & can't handle the power or have no clue what they are doing. What the hell is with riding down the road with your feet down off the pegs? I see these morons on crotch rockets doing this all the time; mostly the bros; what f-in idiots! Also, riding double, all tucked down & your ugly bitch sitting straight up behind you, both no helmets, doing way over the speed limit, what asses!

20. Jul 13, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    Ryan718

Ryan718 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    1998 Toyota Tacoma SR5
    2 Inch ready lift leveling kit. 1 inch blocks with Skyjacker shocks. 18" KMC XD MONSTERS. with Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60R18. painted skid plate fog lights euro head and tail lights.
    Really dude, your gonna call me a tool for having a bike, way to stereotype me just cause i have a bike. you need to grow the fuck up and stop wasting your time posting stupid ass shit on forums.

Products Discussed in

To Top