1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New truck and first wreck :-/

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by BrettsMac08, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Feb 5, 2016 at 7:17 AM
    Syncros

Syncros Well-Known Member

Member:
    It really irritates me when people shoot across my lane like that. Especially when I look in my mirror and see a large gap or no traffic at all.

2. Feb 5, 2016 at 7:18 AM
    spacecat

spacecat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    03 White 3.4L V6
    Wow, glad you're okay OP!

3. Feb 5, 2016 at 11:20 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    Sorry about wreck!

I just got this in mail today. Got it on Amazon for like $150 read that it was really good, I just got to get a 64g micro SD card

image.jpg

4. Feb 5, 2016 at 1:38 PM
    BrettsMac08

BrettsMac08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB TRD Sport | 2002 Camaro SS
    KDMax Tuned | MagnaFlow Exhaust | OEM Audio Plus Reference 450Q | TRD Pro Wheels | AT Tires | LED Interior Lighting
    Wow, this thread took off! Haha. Anyway, the other driver filed a claim against me and apparently has a different story. I give them a very slim chance of making it though since they have the ticket and are properly represented in the accident report by the police. Plus I was able to send some screen clips from my camera. Not sending the video, plus the file is rather large unless I compress it or link to YouTube but I'm against that unless it is 100% necessary (it shouldn't be).

Things you can't see in the video are vehicles behind me (one, a black Pontiac Grand Prix, was tailgating before the stoplight I went under) and another beside me to the right but just enough behind me I was able to swerve and the red car didn't hit them. They are in the extended video after they go around us and the car parts on the road.

And no I'm not a motorcycle driver, I tend to like things with 4 wheels (I did have an ATV). Yeah it's possible it could have been avoided had I know what the intentions of the Altima were, but I didn't at the time.

Yup, it's a bad intersection to begin with next to a bad road. Everyone in Wichita is well aware of Rock rd.
    And thanks for the support man! Had I not been able to go the the right when I did, it could it would have been right into her wheel. Also, the Tacoma's steering wheel isn't the most sensitive thing on the road and takes quite a bit of turn to move around, I feel if I were in the rental car I'm in right now it would have stopped quicker and been more maneuverable and could have been avoided. Keep in mind this is still a truck we're talking about. Also I think I learned that the braking system takes more pressure to activate full stop than my Tundra that was on the touchy side with both the brakes and the gas pedal. The Tacoma is kind of... numb if you will.

Anyway, it's a learning experience and that's the best that it can be. And yes, go get yourselves dash cams if you want. They aren't super expensive and can come in handy when needed. I've used it many times before to post other "incidents" on the road, haha.

Cheers!

5. Feb 5, 2016 at 1:42 PM
    CAM37

CAM37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport
    Just because the other driver made a claim against you doesn't mean they will get anywhere with it. Your insurance handler repping you will tell them to go pound sand, but in kinder words, of course. :)

Did the other person's insurance not accept liability yet ? What's the clown's version that is making them not commit to paying you yet ?

By the way, McConnell AFB was my first and last assignments in the Air Force. I know Rock Road oh so well !

6. Feb 5, 2016 at 2:17 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    This is the type of reason i just got my camera(actually it’s a birthday present from the rents) Luckily i have never been in a wreck and i hope i never am!! But the camera will show pretty much exactly what i was seeing and that could be good off any cop to see and or insurance company. I’m going to ask mine next week if having camera will bring my rates down at all. i’m 24 with a spotless record not wrecks not tickets nothing. I know it will go down a bit next year at 25 i just want to see if a camera will bring it down any at all. May not but never hurts to ask IMO.

7. Feb 5, 2016 at 2:25 PM
    TacoJonn

TacoJonn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCLB Sport 4x4, '78 FJ40
    OP you will be golden with your video. I am very curious about getting one of these cameras too. Can you clear the video pretty easily each time you get in?

8. Feb 5, 2016 at 2:28 PM
    stan23

stan23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    stan
    Santa Clara, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    excactly. I got rear ended at a stop light once. We both pulled over, and she gave me all her insurance info, etc.. Fully accepting fault. I was completely stopped at a red light with a car in front of me and she was doing something with her back seat and took her foot off the brake.

Her insurance called me and said, I put my truck in reverse and hit her. lol.

WE both knew that was BS, but I never put it past people to do the right thing.

9. Feb 5, 2016 at 2:32 PM
    CAM37

CAM37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport
    Trust me when I say I've heard it all... you can't believe some of the stories people tell in order to avoid liability for an accident. I have to laugh at people who think they can actually get away with their terrible lies. If anyone is ever in the central MD area and wants to hear some great stories over a beer, let me know. I'll buy. And I will withhold names to protect the dumbasses, of course.

10. Feb 5, 2016 at 2:39 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    I will say if anyone is in that area take him up on his offer i don’t see how you could regret it! I wish i was just to hear what stories you have.

I know a few cops and have heard quite a few good stories, not just about wrecks either. Some of the shit people call 911 about is so far off the wall it’s not even funny. Also what some people thing matters does not matter in the court of law at all or their is not law about something or the person is 110% wrong about the law.

CAM37[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Feb 5, 2016 at 2:42 PM
    DoubleC

DoubleC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Oxford, MS
    Vehicle:
    1999 Tacoma 3.4 TRD (Natural White - the best white)
    Well when it happens this fast, you don't have time to see if someone is next to you, and if you swerve and hit someone, look who's fault it is now. Very little time to react

12. May 26, 2017 at 8:58 PM
    tomwil

tomwil Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast USA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Reg Cab 4x4
    Why did you delete your video?

13. Jun 19, 2017 at 6:57 AM
    iwashmycar

iwashmycar a lot

Member: