1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New truck ordered

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by helmuthead, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Apr 8, 2008 at 6:31 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    eh, I have the older model so maybe they were just clearing them out since the SG2 came out only a couple months later.

2. Apr 8, 2008 at 7:43 AM
    j4x4ar3

j4x4ar3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 DC 4x4 - TRD Off Road - White
    Round Step Bars, Bed Mat, Cargo Bars, Rocky Mounts bike mount, JVC MP3 Head Unit, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Rigid Industries front and rear light pods, dual HAM radio with remote mount heads.
    I don't necessairly use mine to change my habits however since I pull a large 5000# travel trailer the ScanGauge is invaluable in helping me to monitor my mileage and such so that I can get the best MPG when pulling. Helps me to keep my foot out of it when maybe I don't really need to be into it as much. Same concept for daily driving but a more "practical" use.

Come to think of it.. I also like to monitor my daily drive MPG as well. I used to manually log it in an excel spreadsheet doing the math manually. Now I let the scangauge tell me current tank MPG. Over time you can tell if you need maintenance like adjusting the tire pressure, check air filter, oil change... etc.. I've found that even though Toyota recomends a 5000 oil change interval that I start to lose about 1-2MPG around 4000 miles as the oil gets "thicker". I used to know by pedal feel that I was getting close to oil change time .. that's been confirmed with the ScanGauge. (Yes definitely an arguement for synthetic.. for another of a dozen threads).

Bottom line.. I got my $150 worth of investment from the Scangauge and I'm glad I got it.... now if they would just fix the tranny temp gauge then I would really be in business.

Products Discussed in

To Top