1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New TSB for throw out bering

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by b2200srunnin, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Jan 21, 2011 at 7:13 AM
    PA452

PA452 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    15 Access TRD Offroad, V6, 5spd Auto, 4x4
    Actually, I don't think either your squeaky clutch or slow clutch return is the fault of the T/O bearing. Both are common complaints though. Then again, if you're sure the squeak is coming from the bell housing, then maybe it is, I don't know. But there's a common complaint about the clutch making a loud squeak. The noise comes from the pedal itself though. The plunger on the pedal can be rotated and it seems to fix it, which worked on mine.

2. Jan 21, 2011 at 7:13 AM
    808matt

808matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    19 Ranger
    i'm pretty sure a different company came up with the fix and not toyota

3. Jan 21, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    deo1929

deo1929 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Central Indiana
    Vehicle:
    4 cyl. 4X2 access cab
    Convenience package, Toyota VIP alarm, Variable speed wipers, tonneau cover, 2011 factory radio with MP3 CDm Scangauge II

It's definitely coming from the bellhousing area. I never had a problem with this on my 1st Gen. The clutch was flawless and quiet...until the frame corrosion got me in October...hence the 2008 replacement. So this sounds like (no pun intended) like something I'll have to live with for the life of the truck.

BTW...has anyone noticed that there is NO BOOT to cover the clutch fork and bellhousing opening? My 1st Gen had one.

4. Jan 24, 2011 at 7:20 AM
    deo1929

deo1929 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Central Indiana
    Vehicle:
    4 cyl. 4X2 access cab
    Convenience package, Toyota VIP alarm, Variable speed wipers, tonneau cover, 2011 factory radio with MP3 CDm Scangauge II
    The parts have arrived and the truck is going in Wednesday for the squeak fix. They'll have it for 2 days as they have to remove the transmission to get to the bellhousing. I'll give an update after I get it back.

5. Jan 24, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    PA452

PA452 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    15 Access TRD Offroad, V6, 5spd Auto, 4x4
    It was pretty cold this morning, about 0 degrees F. The throw out bearing noise was intermittent, but it sounded much more like a chirp this morning than the usual whirring sound.

But, I still don't notice the sound much at all when in gear and on the move like everyone else, and it also seems like it sort of goes away or gets quiet enough that I don't notice it after the truck has been running for a little while.

Products Discussed in

To Top