1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New U Bolt flip kit!

Discussion in 'ToyTec Lifts' started by ToyTec Lifts, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Dec 23, 2012 at 7:10 AM
    goufcustom

goufcustom 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Leonardtown, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 TRD Off Road DC SR5
    Bed Topper, Diff Breather, aFe Cold Air Intake, Satoshi Grill, Moved Horns, Oil Catch Can, Tailgate Lock, Husky Mud Flaps, H4 65/70W Bulbs, Lower Grill Mesh, TRD Skid Plate, LEDs in the bed, LEDs behind the grill for accent lighting, Parking lights as turn signals, LED turn signals and reverse lights, 5100s up front, eibachs up front, SS extended brake lines all around, 1.5" AAL in the rear, Relentless Fab U-Bolt Flip Kit, ICON Progressive AAL, TRD Wheel Center Caps, HomeLink, Heated Driver Seat, Hella 500 FF Driving Lights, BAMF Diff Skid, BAMF LCA Skids, BAMF Rock Sliders w/ KickOut.
    So what do you recommend doing for new bump stops once you install these?

2. Dec 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM
    Desert Drifter

Desert Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    Icon MT suspension, Pelfreybuilt front bumper, Relentless skids, Avid sliders, Avid custom rack. Pelfreybilt HC Rear bumper.
    Good to know and you know they love these posts as well! I am thinking of a U-bolt flip for my 2nd gen...

3. Dec 23, 2012 at 7:44 AM
    johnnym

johnnym Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    NH
    Vehicle:
    87 4Runner
    I ended up taking the cheap and easy way . I just welded the stock bump to the new plate . I haven't had any issues yet . But I'm sure toytec can give you better advise .

4. Dec 23, 2012 at 7:55 AM
    goufcustom

goufcustom 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Leonardtown, MD
    Vehicle:
    Bed Topper, Diff Breather, aFe Cold Air Intake, Satoshi Grill, Moved Horns, Oil Catch Can, Tailgate Lock, Husky Mud Flaps, H4 65/70W Bulbs, Lower Grill Mesh, TRD Skid Plate, LEDs in the bed, LEDs behind the grill for accent lighting, Parking lights as turn signals, LED turn signals and reverse lights, 5100s up front, eibachs up front, SS extended brake lines all around, 1.5" AAL in the rear, Relentless Fab U-Bolt Flip Kit, ICON Progressive AAL, TRD Wheel Center Caps, HomeLink, Heated Driver Seat, Hella 500 FF Driving Lights, BAMF Diff Skid, BAMF LCA Skids, BAMF Rock Sliders w/ KickOut.
    If I had easy access to a welder and knew how to weld that might be an option... :(

Anyone using something that just bolts in, or wondering if you could drill a hole in the frame side and mount the bump stop that way.

5. Dec 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    johnnym

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    NH
    Vehicle:
    87 4Runner
  6. Dec 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    goufcustom

goufcustom 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Leonardtown, MD
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, looks like you could just take the front Superbumps from Wheelers, invert them, drill a hole in the metal bump stop and mount them there. Might need to add a spacer to lower the bump stop, but shouldn't need much.

EDIT:
    A set of 4.5" Energy Suspension Bump Stops might work will too.

Only concern would be bottoming out the shocks. I would need to measure before I do anything.

7. Apr 8, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Previously "MGMTacoFF"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4WD
    Has anyone found that this kit works with OME Dakars?

And what is it about the bump stops that everyone keeps asking about? Do you have to take the stock ones off to put this kit on?

Matt

8. Apr 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    johnnym

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    NH
    Vehicle:
    87 4Runner
    I have this kit with dakars . I welded the stock bump to the new flip plate . No issues for me .

9. Nov 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    S4RSSS

S4RSSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    OME pack + AAL + Toytec 3* shim... the Toytec ubolts here are too short for the setup. I tried installing today =(

10. Dec 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM
    soonenough

soonenough Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4 TRD/OR
    ARB front bumper, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper w/ swingout, full OME suspension, Trail Teams FJ wheels, BFG AT tires, Leer 100R, OPOR sliders, IPF 900XS lights, Yaesu FT-7800R dual-band ham radio, Midland 75-822 CB radio
    Thanks for posting that, I have OME w/ AAL and 3º shim, and I almost ordered ordered the ToyTec kit today. I guess I'll have to go with the All Pro kit

11. Dec 23, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    tacomataco2

tacomataco2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastham Mass
    Vehicle:
    02 Dbl cab Silver
    Bilstein 5100's, eibach coils, u bolt flip, Dakars/d6xl, Ome shackles, Poly sway bar bush, Poly rack bush, voltmeter, led guage lights, magnaflow stainless catback, stainless cats, deckplate mod, afe filter, tundra brakes,PIAA fogs behind grillecraft, color matched grille, soft topper, Projector retrofit, Allpro bumper , Blitzpro light bars, Alpine/ rock fosgate sound system, 35% tint, Some derped stuff
    I got dakars with d6xl, toytec u bolt flip u bolts have planty of thread

12. Dec 23, 2013 at 8:50 PM
    soonenough

soonenough Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4 TRD/OR
    ARB front bumper, CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper w/ swingout, full OME suspension, Trail Teams FJ wheels, BFG AT tires, Leer 100R, OPOR sliders, IPF 900XS lights, Yaesu FT-7800R dual-band ham radio, Midland 75-822 CB radio
    I contacted ToyTec directly and they told me this setup would work, so I ended up ordering it for my truck. I installed it, and like S4RSSS said, the u-bolts are too short. It can be assembled, but the u-bolts will only pass ~2/3 of the way through the nuts, so definitely not ideal. I will need to order some 8" u-bolts (instead of the 7-3/4" u-bolts that come with the ToyTec kit) in order for this setup to work properly.

13. Dec 23, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    S4RSSS

S4RSSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    yup, about 2/3 of the nut is right.... sorry you had to find out the hard way, man.

To Top