1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New (Used) Tacoma - Steering issues in curves

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by steved411, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Sep 21, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    steved411

steved411 [OP] I came. I saw. I conquered.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Clayton, NC
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC TRD Off-Road
    Hey Everyone!

I just recently purchased a used 2008 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road (22K miles). I test drove this one plus 4 others and really enjoyed the Tacoma's... I've recently started driving my new Tacoma as my daily driver (mostly driving to work... 60 miles total) and I've noticed that when I'm on a on/off ramp (or anything with a long curve) that I notice I'm some what "fighting" to keep the truck in the turn... it's almost like the wheel wants to "spring" back to straight...

I'm new to driving a truck (I've owned mustangs since I was able to drive) so this could just be how it handles... Someone said it was the size of the tires but the thing that gets me is my wife has a 4Runner is the same size and driving it is smooth... Granted the tire types are different so I just wanted to reach out to some of you and ask if this could be from the A/T tires on the truck? If not I'm wondering what it is and want to have it looked at before my 30day/1000 mile warranty is up.

BTW - This was a certified pre-owned and I did take it to a mechanic for a pre-buy inspection..

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Steve

2. Sep 21, 2010 at 5:09 PM
    steved411

steved411 [OP] I came. I saw. I conquered.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Clayton, NC
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC TRD Off-Road
    I just checked my tire pressure.... the sticker on the driver door said 29/32.... They were all at 36 PSI... I took some air out to match the sticker so I'll see how it drives in the morning.

To Top