1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new wheel bent!!

Discussion in 'Wheeler's Off-Road' started by LBtaco, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Mar 19, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    LBtaco

LBtaco [OP] Thread killer

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    I figure I would try here for after hours support. I just got a new set of the black steel wheels the other day and had my old tires remounted and a road force balance today. Well bad news, supposedly 1 wheel is bent, out of round and warped on it's axis and could not be properly balanced.
    What is wheelers policy on something like this?
    any help is appreciated.

thanx

2. Mar 19, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Firestone Airbags, leveled, Flowmaster 50 series, Leer canopy, 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's...
    I would send their ass's back with a horrible letter stating you came to them for their quality and if they do not stand by their products they will loose your buisness. I did this with some bino's and they sent me a brand new better pair. good luck

3. Mar 19, 2010 at 11:22 PM
    LBtaco

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    no need to get all uppity yet. It seems to be a manufacturing error, no damage to the finish or the box it came in.

4. Mar 19, 2010 at 11:32 PM
    tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    i'd call them and tell them what the tire guy said...see what they say...

5. Mar 20, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    That's just being rude. Most businesses will stand behind their products and threats should probably reserved for those that don't.

I would call them when they open up next week and let them know- I'm nearly positive that they'll hook you up with a new rim.

6. Mar 20, 2010 at 9:01 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I love the guys at Wheeler's. I'm sure they'll rectify the situation. Shit happens and it's probably not their fault. It sounds like a manufacturing error. Stick to frustration for now. Save the anger for when things get worse.

7. Mar 20, 2010 at 11:56 AM
    tacomakid96

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Firestone Airbags, leveled, Flowmaster 50 series, Leer canopy, 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's...
    I know but every time I have ever tried to return something I get the same crap that they make sure all their products are in great condition and it must have been something done by the owner. i havnt done any buisness with wheelers yet. But it sounds like they have their heads streight. Just stating what has worked for for me with hard company's.

8. Mar 22, 2010 at 11:40 AM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    For those of you who support us thank you! We are a small company and do are best to help the customer. We are in the business of making a living. Not screwing people and losing buisness. For those of you with the "everyone owes me" attitude, I am not sure we want to do buisness with you. We try to enjoy work and working with our customers. Sometimes things do happen and sometimes things are just out of our hands and that is the way it is. But we are more than happy to try and help solve a problem and get things taken care of. Again, Thanks to all our loyal customers for your support, especially in these hard times!

9. Mar 22, 2010 at 11:44 AM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    rep sent

10. Mar 22, 2010 at 11:45 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen

:thumbsup:

You will continue to get my business :cool:

11. Mar 22, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Big Easy, USA
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit Upcoming: ATO Gas Tank Skid and Sliders w/ kickout. ATO Shackle Flip Kit. Down the line: Front/Rear ARB Lockers w/ OBA. 4.56 Gears
    ^That guy has it right. I'm super pleased with the business I've done with ya'll so far and will continue to.

12. Mar 22, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    LBtaco

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    waiting on the manufacturer right now.. plus side they are in soCal.

13. Mar 23, 2010 at 9:32 AM
    LBtaco

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    yeah, awaiting approval I suppose.
    talkin about me taking the wheels straight to pro-comp in compton(thats who makes these wheels) . hey does the "comp" in pro-comp mean Compton?:rofl:

anyone know if that 4wheelparts in compton IS procomp? it's the same address.
    they got a tire shop there?

14. Mar 24, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    ForeRunner

ForeRunner BBC. Bring Back Clarkson Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Paroled from CA!
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail Edition
    Have you heard of Wheelers before? I'm guessing you probably have not.

15. Mar 24, 2010 at 8:31 AM
    tacomakid96

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Ya I just explained that I was just saying what has worked for me with companies that were not buyer friendly. And I said how I have never done buisness with wheelers but it sounds like they have their heads on sttreight.

16. Mar 24, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    tacomakid96

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    And I didnt see the origional poster said whats Wheelers policy, I didnt mean to put wheelers down it sounds like they are a great company to do buisness with. Didnt mean to cause any bad rep tword Wheelers

17. Apr 2, 2010 at 3:34 PM
    LBtaco

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    so, 2 weeks later, another $40 in shipping and $50 for balancing and this is finally done.
    Wheelers and Procomp took care of it, but I still have a $90 bad taste in my mouth
    remind me to ONLY shop local from now on.

18. Jul 9, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    28ØØ3

28ØØ3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    boss
    somewhere endlessly searching for ways to offend B
    Vehicle:
    08 DCLB SR5 4WD
    VatoZone Especial
    :thumbsup: rep

19. Jul 9, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    LBtaco

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    it's all over and done with now, I will NEVER shop from wheelers again.
    I have 3 times and each time there was an "issue" that cost time, no biggie I have time now, but if I didn't it would be a bigger deal.
    This last one cost me $90 more than what I originally agreed too, because of shipping and rebalance fees.
    $25 for a road force balance(1wheel) with life time(of the tire) rebalance is pretty good in soCal.. don't road force balance and you'll get a wobble.
    So that was 2 balances that were shit because of one bent wheel and one that had jacked up bubbles in the finish. If there was better QC at procomp or wheelers "maybe" this wouldn't have happened. you dig?

20. Jul 12, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    LBtaco

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    well out of nowhere I get a call from Wheelers today.
    Apparently they saw this post and my last comments and rechecked their records. :D
    It seems there was $40 that was supposed to be credited (to pay for shipping on the replacements) to me that wasn't processed correctly.

Very cool of them to call and correct this, most places wouldn't bother.

so Wheelers will make it right and they have restored my buyer confidence.

Thank you again Wheelers

To Top