1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New York is first, who is next???

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Teniente, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    unlikely, if not impossible. Guns require respect,knowledge, and care for safe use. All three were absent in this case.

2. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    it's okay. I just like to argue sometimes.
    we need planes
    we need cars
    we need the sun
    We need full auto weapons in the public theater?

3. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    DueToThe802

DueToThe802 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Off Road
    TRD exhaust
    Who decides what mental conditions are unsafe? If the mental condition is under control through medication, can the right be restored?
    I don't like the idea of a select few doctors (probably on the payroll of a few large pharma companies) deciding what mental condition is bad enough for me to not be able to protect myself. You can't prevent a few horrific incidents by blaming a few chemical imbalances. I feel the same way about the TSA (has anyone seen their proud collection of things they've caught?)
    It's becoming easier to be a parent...

4. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Thats odd, Thinking about other peoples safety, not my own personal wants, is narrow minded now? Maybe you should observe your mirror when declaring that. I don't mind making an insignificant sacrifice for others, I do it all the time. It's not all about me you see. I wish others thought this way.

5. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    No. The reasoning is the medication is mostly the problem.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/guns-hunting/258318-new-york-first-who-next-6.html#post6288608

6. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    Leggo

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Okay, I am pooped now. I 'm out.

7. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    StZu

StZu Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    So who determines if you are mentally fit? Alot of people view gun owners as crazy to begin with, so I think this is a very slippery slope.

8. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    DueToThe802

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Off Road
    TRD exhaust
    Meds help some, but in others it can lead to worse conditions yes. I think my point is still valid, who decides? What Meds are ok? How many mgs? And if that list is ever agree on and passed, how many people will then decide to not go see a physiatrist in order to avoid being put on a med they might actually need?
    Like I said, I think it's easier to become a parent. No tests, no questions, no income study, or psych test. Just find someone to screw. Then when the kid is four and starving because you don't feed him, maybe child services is called and maybe the kid doesn't die. There is an actually frightening number of kids who die to neglect.

9. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
    MadMtnMikey

MadMtnMikey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Richmond/VaBeach
    Vehicle:
    03 DC 4x4 SR5 TRD
    I understand what you're saying.... Just do me a favor, tell me you disagree with holding the Colorado Theater shooter's Psychologist accountable to any degree, so that you can't be accused of being a hypocritical.

10. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM
    Snowbrdr1220

Snowbrdr1220 Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    13 DC TRD Off Road NBM

^ Bingo

In my opinion we are going to further alienate our mental health patients. Seeking help for depression could result in consequences, totally violating our patient/doctor confidentiality rights. It's going to prevent the average gun owner who is depressed or suicidal from seeking treatment or talking to anyone.

11. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:52 PM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    I'm more about getting rid of the "brain control" drugs they give kids. Or making it more strict to put kids on them, such as extreme cases. Half the kids on these drugs don't need them. My brother had severe ADD. He couldn't focus in school, and had horrible grades. He made it through HS without a single problem besides always being at arms (not firearms mind you... :tinfoilhat: )with my dad and me.

12. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    MadMtnMikey

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Richmond/VaBeach
    Vehicle:
    03 DC 4x4 SR5 TRD
    True... it's a tough call... but how then, do we keep firearms out of the hands of people who may trip offline ? Which I think pretty clearly needs to be done.

13. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    DueToThe802

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Off Road
    TRD exhaust
    The phychologist is and should be responsible for the mishandling of a patient. I can't prove correlation proves causation, and the rational thinker cant either. It's a fallacious argument, but a good point. Doctors should be more cautious with their prescriptions. They should be challenged as much as possible, and should lose their license when they commit an act worthy of it.
    I think these horrific events are almost impossible to control, and as for the doctors, it should be looked into on a case by case basis.

14. Jan 17, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    MadMtnMikey

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Richmond/VaBeach
    Vehicle:
    03 DC 4x4 SR5 TRD
    But then you're saying that Dr. needed to make a judgement call which could have infringed on that patient's rights, which you just said you had a hard time with. See what I mean ?

15. Jan 17, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    I don't think that's true. I don't view gun owners as crazy.

I view paranoid people who feel the need to defend themselves against possible tyranny by their own democratically elected government; who believe that UN forces at the ready to move into their State; who think gun restrictions lead to wholesale weapon confiscation; who think about how to defend against a probable Hollywood-style home invasion, involving room to room fire and movement; who think the world will collapse, and in such a great state as the Union, will no doubt have to start fending off their own neighbors; who also feel like the big sheepdog (not to be confused with hero syndrome :rolleyes:), ready to protect the rest of the populous to stupid to own a firearm.

I view those people as crazy... and so will a psych test.

Frank

16. Jan 17, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    DueToThe802

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Off Road
    TRD exhaust
    Oh it's not easy. There probably isn't a good right answer.

17. Jan 17, 2013 at 3:03 PM
    choyt

choyt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    wayne
    new york
    Vehicle:
    2015 tacoma
    What he said :mad:

18. Jan 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    MadMtnMikey

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Richmond/VaBeach
    Vehicle:
    03 DC 4x4 SR5 TRD
    That's one hell of a position to put a psychologist in... They're trying to HELP people with mental or psychological issues, and now you're FORCING them to make a decision that may affect lifestyle for the rest of a person's life.

However, I do think if they question a person's stability, they could put them on an anti-firearms list or something to that affect.

It's a tough situation, I definitely agree to that.

19. Jan 17, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    DueToThe802

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Off Road
    TRD exhaust
    While I agree these people may be strange, they aren't shooting anyone, so they have every right to say and collect whatever. America is America for a reason. As for tyranny, we aren't exactly 'free' right now. To what point is debatable, but just because some are further down the spectrum doesn't make their view wrong. A phychologist would view many of them as sane. I dont think libertarianism is insane at all. Id say it's the most rational.

20. Jan 17, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    DueToThe802

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Off Road
    TRD exhaust
    Doctors make decisions affecting lives of others every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top