1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

newb mid travel questions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by FEARFACT, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Feb 20, 2012 at 5:50 AM
    FEARFACT

FEARFACT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    03 double cab 4x4
    coilovers,33s etc
    hey everyone, im a recent convert from the jeep world and have a ton of learning to do. im lurking and have tried a search but haven't really gotten the dumbed down anwsers yet. basically what justifies "mid travel". my truck is an 03 double cab 4x4 with race runners up front,dif drop and all pro aal rear. i will be ordering alcans soon and plan on UCAs. any chance there are some pictures of what gains can be expected froma UCA upgrade? i dont want to shell out for LT since i will be family hauling and trail riding, no jumping or dunes. someday im likely to SFA when its off DD duty.. thanks for any help or input

2. Feb 20, 2012 at 6:08 AM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    Mid travel= extended travel coilovers in the front w/ uniball UCA's; with a leaf pack like an all pro or dakars w/ extended travel shocks in the rear.

Mid travel gives you a few more inches of travel and better flex/smoother articulation. So if your SAW's you have up front are not extended travel, you will want to swap them out for some extended travel and couple them w/ some uniball UCA's to have true mid travel.

Products Discussed in

To Top