1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie looking for tire advice

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by hawkislanding, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Apr 8, 2010 at 6:55 PM

hawkislanding [OP] Active Member

Mar 16, 2010
    San Francisco
    Tacoma TRD Sport
    *4.0 v6 TRD Super Charger *TRD Cat Back Exhaust *Black Leather non perforated seats *16" FJ Cruiser Silver TRD rims *265/75/16 BFG TA KO's *Weather Tech liners *Front window tint *AA Maglite mod in center counsel *DD Maglite mod on driver's side seat *Pop locks on bed storage boxes
    My FJ 16 x 7.5 TRD wheels just arrived today and they are sweet lookin'.:)
    I plan to put them on my '10 Double Cab long bed Sport.

How about some advice on which brand tires I should wrap them in? From my understanding the largest tire I can put on the stock suspension is 265/75R16.

I do not plan to alter the lift quite yet and I certainly don't want any rubbing. I am looking for an A/T tire that has a smooth ride and an aggressive look. Summer months I will be mainly on road with minimal off-road. But in the winter I'll be up in the sierras battling the sierra cement.

Thanks TW
  2. Apr 8, 2010 at 7:06 PM

rick `

Mar 1, 2007
    as soon as you get your new tires, chances are you will probably want to lift it sooner than you anticipate. then you'll want 33's. but for some other advice. the bfg km2's (ride like an a/t) are certainly a favorite around here. and they come in your size. firestone destinations are probably the best buy
To Top