1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie needs help with 5100's

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by themouth, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Apr 22, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    themouth

themouth [OP] Member

Member:
    New York
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5
    I realized I should have posted this here and not in the general forum, Sorry.

I've got a 2006 Double Cab long bed, SR5. It came stock with the 245 tires. I also have an ARE topper on the bed that adds some weight to the rear.

I want to get a more aggressive look for my truck, as it appears a little wimpy with the 245 tires. I don't do a lot of offroading, just some occasional beach driving.

I wanted to put the 5100's on all four corners to get a little lift, and add 265x75r16 tires. I have never gotten the rear leaf TSB done, and I am not dissatisfied with my current ride.

After doing all the research that I could, I believe I have to add some kind of lift to the rear to get the truck level if I want to set the fronts at 1.75". My question is, do I need to get the TSB rear spring fix, or can I add a spacer (or block, I'm not sure of the correct term) to the existing springs? I am still under warranty. Could someone advise me of what my options are/what to do? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Apr 22, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    if you can do it....go with the rear spring tsb....the ride is great, and the truck will handle alot better. i really doubt you'd like blocks for the rear.........the ride is rough, and they can cause axle wrap. and just so you know....you can run 265/75/16 with the stock setup.

To Top