1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by bumpkin1, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Mar 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM
    bumpkin1

bumpkin1 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hey all, i'm not sure where to post this, but perhaps this is the place. I just picked up my tacoma this evening. It was a base truck to which I had them install a cruise control. Now, here's the question: When my lights are off, my radio backlighting illuminates; however, the moment I turn on the parking lights or the headlights, the radio illumination goes off. Could they have put something in backwards while installing my cruise control? It sucks because I can't see the radio display without turining on the interior light. It's a stock radio/cd unit. Any suggestions on what I could check? I assume there's a crossed wire that is killing the signal to the illumination when the lights are turned on, instead of off.

Jason

2. Mar 23, 2012 at 11:31 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    If the dealer installed it take it back to them and have them redo it. It may be a wire crossed but I couldn't really see how someone would mess this up because to my knowledge every Tacoma is pre-wired for everything.

Products Discussed in

To Top