1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie saying Hey and thanks!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by fla taco, Feb 16, 2013.

1. fla taco

fla taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    05 Dblcab TRD OR
    Long time reader of TW. I have a 05 prerunner silver streak dblcb trd off rd. I've learned a lot here and have used the stickies to do the anytime foglight MOD and have also recently changed my plugs and did my own rear diff service. All painless and easy thanks to the thorough guides posted here.

I recently checked my VIN and found the spiral cable recall had not been done to my 05. I purchased this truck last year with 21k original on the clock. Love the truck. Anyway while at the dealer for the recall I asked about the leaf spring tsb. The writer said he had never heard of it but would check. Just before they finished up the writer came out and said he had found the tsb. I said great. Luckily I was sitting down.....$2480. to complete the tsb. That would replace all shocks, the rear leafs and a couple of other components. Needless to say I passed on it.

Well thanks again for all the info and help and glad to be a member.:cool:

2. acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome to TW!

3. baseballfan5566

baseballfan5566 Well-Known Member

Member:
    What fog light mod did you do? Link?

4. fla taco

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    05 Dblcab TRD OR
  5. baseballfan5566

baseballfan5566 Well-Known Member

Member:
  6. DoorDing

DoorDing Thank you, Nancy Roman

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    BudBuilt aluminum skid plates, Famous Fabrication Rock Sliders, Softopper bed cover, see Build Thread for more
    Lurk no more. Welcome into the light!
    I'm not spending much more than that for a real suspension upgrade. :rolleyes: I'm really surprised Toyota hasn't smartened up and put together some lift packages worth that kind of money. I think they'd sell well.

7. fla taco

Member:
    Central Florida
    Vehicle:
    05 Dblcab TRD OR
    I'm not spending much more than that for a real suspension upgrade. :rolleyes: I'm really surprised Toyota hasn't smartened up and put together some lift packages worth that kind of money. I think they'd sell well.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I guess Toyota figures they currently have the the "mid-sized" pick up market basically to themselves so there is no need to change anything they are doing. I like the Tacoma. This is my third and it is vastly different from my first two, an 1984 4x4 SR5 with the small shelf behind the front seats and a 1988 4x4 SR5 same set up. Both were 4 banger/5spd and tough little trucks. I like what direction Toyo took with the 2nd generations. I look forward to what the 3rd generation will bring to the table......

To Top