1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newby wanting opinions on factory options for 2011 4x4

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by deerdevil, Jan 19, 2011.

1. MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Ask around at different dealers in the area.

I've heard of dealers who contract with local 4wd shops to install lifts, ARB compressors and lockers, aftermarket wheels and tires, skids, etc but bill for it on the dealer invoice.

If you get a double cab long bed, it sure would be nice to get an ARB locker installed in the rear if you plan on any serious 4wheeling. Upsize the compressor to the next largest model, and get the tire inflator kit & you have onboard air (the smaller ARB compressor only runs the locker). If you can, add a true 3-inch lift (not just spacers!!!) ... though this will affect gas mileage. If you do a lift, you can upsize tires too.

But if the dealer won't allow any of this, then I'd get the OEM roof rack (if you would have a need) & a nice shell (all dealers I've seen do shells), and new wheels and more aggressive tires (BFG A/T KOs are good for both on and off road ... lots of guys love the Goodyear Duratracs too).

Finally negotiate a 7yr/100k mile extended warranty. They'll try to charge you $3000 for this. Tell them there is a dealer in Massachusetts (Troy Dietrich - Toyota of Greenfield - dealer #20134 - 413-772-0231) who will sell the 7yr/100k $0 deductible for $950.00. When I told my dealer this, he offered to match the price because he still gets a kickback from Toyota even for selling it at cost (which is what Troy does).

Good luck .. and lucky you. :)

2. MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    I live at 9000 feet too. You don't need a supercharger. Just more to break. You must have a lead foot, Dark Knight.

3. 1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
    Supercharger!!! The clear choice.

4. deerdevil

deerdevil [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremiah
    South Texas
    ARB Replacement Front Bumper, leather interior, painted front emblem black,
    It's a company bonus program.

5. David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, Alta California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 2 Hella 4000 HID, 1 Kragen HID, 1 Cibie Halogen.
    If you are going four wheeling (and not a snowy highway in the suburbs), get the OFF ROAD TRD... No long bed, but the 5 ft. bed is very roomy over the '04 being deeper and wider... I can carry the same gear as I did in the 6 ft. bed before.

Get the bed extender if you need that... but only the Off Road 4WD has A-TRAC, a rear locker, and the hydraulic brake booster that enhances all the traction controls. A-TRAC gives you the climb-abilty and traction of aftermarket front and rear lockers.

6. Luckie7

Luckie7 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Renée
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    Be sure to get the 8year 100,000 mile extended warranty, and they also offer a sweet maintenance package~

7. theduck911

theduck911 Max's Canadian Twin

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Northwestern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    Well almost everything has been recommended has been.

I'd get a few things for sure...
    - Supercharger
    - Cat-Back Exhaust
    - Toyota Toolbox (If you plan on getting one eventually anyways)
    - CAI or Drop-In Filter
    - Extended Warranty (Can't Hurt)
    - ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN THINK OF

Like said before, Definitely look into getting a Lift and other off-road goodies (non-Toyota Parts) from the dealer as well

8. anethema

anethema Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    I agree with most of the stuff here.

TRD Access cab 4x4 Off-road package. Get the Towing package because it gives you a much bigger alternator, and an oil/transmission cooler. (Not to mention a class 4 hitch). Then get the biggest extended warranty you can afford.

At this point you've got a pretty capable truck, but a 3 inch lift with 33" tires under it, and you're really on your way. Not sure if the dealer will do that though. At this point you're basically AT 37000 ish, but anything else you can get and would want, go for it!

9. TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Access Loredo tonneau cover, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, Ultragauge, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and an Evenflow car seat in the back seat
    If it were me I would try to get a TRD Sport 4x4 w/JBL and add the locker. Then add whatever extras from there. Maybe leather seats?

To Top