1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newest Mod Dne LED Cluster change

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cntmdc, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    cntmdc

cntmdc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 "Super White"
    Undercover Toneau cover, Billet Grill, bug deflector,Fog light Mod,Nerf bars,17" TRD Sport wheels, stainless mirror covers,LED Guage cluster "Blue",SS Front Skid Plate,Custom "SOCKMONKEY" SR5 Decals, OEM TRD SS exhaust tip,shorty antenna,Clarion DVD Head unit,Bilstein 5100's Front shocks,Toytec 2"AAL,Custom Racing Stripe hood,roof & tail gate
    I just finished this MOD Yesterday and it looks great,,,Thanks to the person who posted the link with information on where to find the LED's the oznium webpage link and to the person who posted the how to link from Toyotanation.com it was very useful....So here's the final result.:D[​IMG]
    sorry the flash went off.[​IMG]

2. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    Johnson8537

Johnson8537 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT 4x4 Double Cab Long bed
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.
    looks great!!!!!!!

3. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:50 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Love it....now tell me how to get the center controls like that.......

4. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:54 PM
    cntmdc

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    Undercover Toneau cover, Billet Grill, bug deflector,Fog light Mod,Nerf bars,17" TRD Sport wheels, stainless mirror covers,LED Guage cluster "Blue",SS Front Skid Plate,Custom "SOCKMONKEY" SR5 Decals, OEM TRD SS exhaust tip,shorty antenna,Clarion DVD Head unit,Bilstein 5100's Front shocks,Toytec 2"AAL,Custom Racing Stripe hood,roof & tail gate
    Are you talking about the needles? I left those with the factory red. and changed the P,N,D,4,3,2,L in the same blue.

5. Jun 9, 2009 at 1:51 PM
    zero niner

zero niner romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    I'm pretty sure it's in reference to the climate controls, any idea how to change those to get the uniformed look? I think many have said that it's a lot harder to change those.

How long did it take you? Was it fairly easy? Thanks in advance and great job! Looks really clean!

Rob

6. Jun 9, 2009 at 1:59 PM
    cntmdc

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    iT TOOK ABOUT 1-1.5 HOURS START TO FINISH.FAIRLY EASY THE HARDEST BEING TAKING EVERYTHING APART.THE HU/CLIMATE CONTROLS SEEMED VERY DIFICULT TO TAKE APART AND CHANGE I THINK I'M GOING TO REPLACE THE WHOLE THING WITH A 7" AFTERMARKET DVD/CD TO MATCH THE COLOR AND CHANGE THE CLOCK TO BLUE AS WELL.GOOD LUCK I WILL BE POSTING THE LINKS WITH INSTRUCTIONS ON BOTH TOMORROW.

7. Jun 9, 2009 at 2:01 PM
    cntmdc

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    I also removed the stupid tpms light that was driving me insane looking at it while i had the thing apart.

8. Jun 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM
    zero niner

zero niner romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    So if I'm reading it right, you'll want to match the HU to the orange or the climate controls? I wouldn't mind doing the guages and climate controls and have the clock left orange. That wouldn't bother me. I'd like to get the orange changed as much as possible to the cool blue. So much more peaceful in my opinion...

Rob

9. Jun 9, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    4getful

4getful Senior Junior Member In Training

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4X4
    6" Pro-Comp Stage 2, 35x12.50x20 ProComp Xtreme All Terrain, 20" KMC Revolvers, 4.88 Gears, Banks Exhaust De-Badged
    Looks killer! good job!

10. Jun 10, 2009 at 4:09 AM
    cntmdc

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    yeah the radio has about 30 LED's and teh circuit board is alot smaller.Also to take apart the radio looks like it's a Bitch.....So I was thinking if I could find a Double Din radio that had the blue lights in it it might look better.

11. Jun 10, 2009 at 4:13 AM
    cntmdc

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
  12. Jun 10, 2009 at 4:19 AM
    gunner_20

gunner_20 ...

Member:
    Nixa MO
    Vehicle:
    03 Tundra A/C TRD Off Road 4x4
    Great job! Looks awesome! That's the color i was wanting to do myself. I decided against it because i don't have the patience and dont want to screw anything up :(

13. Jun 10, 2009 at 4:32 AM
    cntmdc

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    Once you get started and remove the first led you'll get the hang of it.Also if you mark(Sharpie) the ones that you need to change before you do it you won't mess up.

14. Jun 10, 2009 at 4:39 AM
    TacticalBacon13

TacticalBacon13 Sorry for party rockin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dunk
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra platinum
    baby seat and a muffler
    man i really really want to do this but i do not want to screw up. i must grow a set of nuts soon and do this.

15. Jun 10, 2009 at 5:04 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    The radio is actually pretty easy to take apart. I could see maybe getting the button lights done but the display screen thing might be another story. I have a silver one & the black one & mixed silver buttons on the black one & the same black buttons back on the silver one but the aftermarket double din would be easier & most likely much better than the oem.

16. Jul 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM
    808TacoMan

808TacoMan HAWAIIAN

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    Hilo, HI
    Vehicle:
    '12 IS250
    Megan Racing Coilovers Morimoto XB LED Fogs
    Are the LEDs the 3mm?

To Top