1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newspaper Publishes Names

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Teniente, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Dec 27, 2012 at 10:52 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    thats 20 mins from me....
    roadtrip......:D

2. Dec 27, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    strip

strip Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Fort Smith AR
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD SR5 4x4
    Lift
    An A-hole left wing newspaper guy who calls himself a journalist did the same thing in Arkansas a few years back. In response The state Police who regulates Carry permits took all information except the persons name from the "Public Record". So if it ever happens again here in Arkansas all that can be FOI is the first and last name. No city, county, state or any other information can be obtained through an FOI. I incourage you to contact your represenatives and ask them to do the same.

3. Dec 27, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    wmdpowell

wmdpowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Essex county NY
    Vehicle:
    23 trd OR DCSB 4x4 silver
    a cross on my rearview Circle mirror Scotch guard seats
    The inter active map shows permit holders as far north as Essex county ny. I checked for in Albany county and it is not a complete list.

My main question is will the crooks target the houses on the list or the the unarmed ones not on the list?

4. Dec 27, 2012 at 2:13 PM
    t4daddy

t4daddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2008 PreRunner Double Cab
    Yes, you are 100% correct. I was just stating FOI side of the whole mess. I hope the asshat gets swamped by emails and phonecalls, now that his info has been published.

5. Dec 27, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    ...because it's (largely) "their" ideology: a hatred of guns and a perspective that the invention of the gun has been a plague to society, and they must "protect" the public at large from gunowners (i.e. "us)... we are the bad guys ;)

6. Dec 27, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Tinfoil

7. Dec 27, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    ...it's in fashion :D

8. Dec 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Exactly....

I won't register jack shit unless it's needed to stay legal....and even then I might just "lose" some of my guns like the Canadian's and Australians did back when legislation hit them hard.

9. Dec 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    A congressman or senator or something is trying to make it to where this kind of information is only available to government/LEO. Maybe something good will actually come out of this.

10. Dec 28, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    tragicboatingaccidentzz3.jpg

11. Dec 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    Sullyman

Sullyman Crusty ole' conservative fart

Member:
    Augusta, Georgia area
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black TRD Sport
    Cat-back exhaust, BluLogic, Back-up Camera, Extang Solid Fold Tonnau cover, Pop-n-Lock PL8521 electronic tailgate lock, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Smittybuilt Nerf Step Bars, Toyota bed mat, Tinted the windows darker, CB with custom fab'd antenna mount, Grillcraft grill, AFE Pro Dry S filter with secondary filter removed. Differential breather relocation mod. Bridgestone Dueler AT/Revo 3 tires Weathertech mats Spec-D HID Halo's Bilstein 5100s front set at 2.5" w/OEM springs 4-leaf TSB w/ SkyJacker add-a-leaf 2" block lift 1.5" wheel spacers Freedom Off-Road upper control arms .5" coil spacers ATOTO A6 Android double-din head unit
    I actually had a guy come to my door one time selling home security system signs...not home security systems...just the signs...

I told him that I protect my house...he asked if I had guns and I told him yeah....he said...what if you come home from somewhere and the criminals are already in your house?

I responded: "What makes you think I'm not packing when I cross the threashold of my door?...If criminals are in the house it will be a bad day for them"....the guy turned a lil' pale, stopped pushing his signs and walked away....

12. Dec 31, 2012 at 5:52 AM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Their intent is obvious, it's to harass law abiding citizens and convince others (at least as many as their piece of shit newspaper will reach) to do the same if you choose to observe your 2nd Amendment rights. Although I would never support such a move, how do you think they would react if someone suggested eliminating their 1st Amendment rights?

Get use to it, out Constitutional rights have been being violated for years. Many, even on TW, attempt to justify violation of certain rights like the 4th Amendment by "rationalizing" certain actions believing that is for the benefit of our society but, being too liberal or uninformed to admit or understand the violations. I am a Constitutional Fundamentalist who believes in strict interpretation and that the purpose of our Constitution, Bill of Rights and following amendments of the USoA are to limit the scope of our federal governments authority not the other way around.

I believe a large part of our society has been brainwashed primarily through a public education system and media that believes in and supports a nanny state. I would enjoy going on and debating the topic but, TW is not the place.

13. Dec 31, 2012 at 6:24 AM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    I'm sure quoted text is in jest but, I would enjoy reading an elaboration.

14. Dec 31, 2012 at 6:37 AM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Rich (another) great multi meaning post.... :)

15. Dec 31, 2012 at 6:56 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Actually, it's not simply a matter of public record. The newspaper had to make a specific request for the information using the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). This legislation was originally intended to keep citizens informed about their government (not it's citizens). Using the FOIA, citizens could request government information, documents, records, photographs, and similar material (much of it previously classified or restricted) not otherwise available to the public.

Requesting databases containing personal information with the specific intent of exposing citizens was never the intent of the legislation. Indeed, such personal infomation (about firearms ownership, etc) was formerly protected from public disclosure under at least two of the nine FOIA exemptions...

... Exemption 6: Information that, if disclosed, would invade another individual's personal privacy.
    ... Exemption 7: Information compiled for law enforcement purposes if one of the following harms could occur. Law enforcement information is exempt if it:
    . . . . 7(C). Could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.
    . . . . 7(F). Could reasonably be expected to endanger the life or physical safety of any individual.

However, that changed (see www.foia.gov/about.html) after "President Obama and Attorney General Holder directed agencies to apply a presumption of openness in responding to FOIA requests. The Attorney General specifically called on agencies not to withhold information just because it technically falls within an exemption..."

This is not intended to introduce politics into the discussion. Instead, it's simply stating the facts, with a direct (unedited, with names) quote from a U.S. government website.

16. Jan 1, 2013 at 8:42 PM
    Bobert14

Bobert14 .

Member:
    Quick summary:

Journal News has hired armed guards and is going to post more maps with handgun permit holder information.

http://www.rocklandtimes.com/2013/01/01/the-journal-news-is-armed-and-dangerous/

17. Jan 2, 2013 at 2:11 AM
    Kala

Kala Well-Known Member

Member:
    BigIsland
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Caryn A McBrides house address, husbands name, childrens name, husbands place of work, etc as well as the rest of the Journal News employees should be public record and distributed among EVERY american who receives that paper. Just saying I dont agree with this and it would make me a very mad person to have my private information pulblished..

Someone sue these fuckers and use loopholes to stiff em.

18. Jan 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
  19. Jan 2, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
  20. Jan 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    +1

As long as nobody is making any threats, make them spend money on guards until they go broke.

Also, those in the subscription area should go through the paper and make POLITE phone calls and personal visits to businesses that advertise and inform those businesses of what the paper is doing.

Nothing more... no threats of boycotts (because they are not effective)... just a polite "FYI"

Products Discussed in

To Top