1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newspaper Publishes Names

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Teniente, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Jan 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
  2. Jan 18, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Sure.

Now that the damage has been done.

3, or was it 4 homes on the list burglarized?

3. Jan 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    And how many criminals saved as much data as they could?

4. Jan 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    Kala

Kala Well-Known Member

Member:
    BigIsland
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    That's my first thought...who already saved and printed that list.

Here's what's going on in Hawaii. Along with banning certain guns and clips over 5 rounds, you may also have to provide your permit to buy bullets. http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2013/bills/SB219_.pdf

5. Jan 19, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
  6. Jan 20, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    12 pages , damn.

Move to Texas:)

7. Jan 21, 2013 at 6:31 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Of course, stopping now doesn't prevent them from doing it again when they want to stir up yet another controversy to attract readers. It's a sleezy business tactic, which this newspaper has shown it's certainly not above doing. Personally, this would make me doubt nearly anything published in that newspaper. Is it the truth, or just another stunt or hype to attract readers?

8. Jan 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    According to the linked artical it would now be illegal for them to do so...any bets on how fast they & or the ACLU file 1st amendment or Freedom of Information violation against the city, county or states new law at a line item level?

9. Jan 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    How about a map with names of people in other areas of heated political topic supporters. Anti gun,gay marriage,welfare recipients,ect.

10. Jan 21, 2013 at 2:30 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    None of the three specific items you listed are pillars of the Constitution and Bill if Rights so I wouldn't expect a clearly bias, unobjective rag, such as subect rag, to be trashing them.

That being said and IMO as the items are not specifically called out in the Constitution, Bill of Rights or additional amendments they remain under state jurisdiction and I bet one could make a decent case for them though apperently none throught the SCOTUS...yet.

11. Jan 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    The article states, "The provision allows handgun permit applicants to ask that their personal information be kept secret for any of several reasons: if they are police officers, witnessed a crime, served on a jury in a criminal case or are victims of domestic violence. More vaguely, they can claim that they fear for their safety or they might be subjected to unwanted harassment."

In other words, confidentiality is not automatic. Applicants have to ask, after meeting at least one of several conditions. How many applicants are even going to know that (asking for confidentiality) is an option when seeking a handgun permit? Can't imagine state officials touting that tidbit. And, if the applicant fails to ask, it's not illegal to publish.

Further, who decides if the handgun permit applicant meets one of those conditions? The answer, of course, is officials employed by the state with perhaps the nation's toughest gun control laws. Oh, yeah. I can really see them rushing to protect handgun permit applicants. :rolleyes:

Ultimately, this privacy provision is little more than eye candy designed to allow business as usual - for newspapers and for the state restricting guns.

12. Jan 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    I never got one because the prices were always ridiculous and I'm not one to put up with excessive BS after having seen my fair share of transactions in Alaska...but I feel for you guys. When a bill starts out by defining an "assault rifle" you know you're in for a rough ride.

Products Discussed in

To Top