1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Next Ford Trucks and others

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Lentsnh, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Jan 6, 2009 at 7:57 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
  2. Jan 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    Have you seen the Jack Links Beef Jerky Ford F650?

3. Jan 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    im with you on the h3

im not a gm fanatic...HOWEVER...one of the roommates has an h3 and she can wheel the PISS out of hers...and its a basic h3 with the I5

some new shackles and torsion bars and she fits 35s...i would have to bust out the sawzall

ive seen that thing on 2 wheels a couple times and not go over...insane...

the alpha is just ridiculous with the v8 and f&r lockers

the pic above added in a winch mount bumper...incredibly expensive Gobi rack...and beadlocked the stock wheels...

i'd rock it...

oh and i think the alpha comes chrome-free

4. Jan 6, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Ranger - fugly
    F-Series - like the grill, but it's still Ford
    Hummer - nothing special.
    I like the gun storage in the Cabella's model, but I don't think that is specific to Cabella's. I think it's a new feature of the F-Series.

And not to go too far off topic, but do you have to have special rims to do bead locks or can you put them on the stock rims?

5. Jan 6, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    That I have not. Whats the deal with it? I tend to see some pretty outrageous trucks on occasion being that I live in San Antonio. Seems like it could be the truck capital of the world lol. (probably why Toyota built that Tundra plant here)

I just couldn't believe the fact that the BED was longer then my truck! I went to shoot and a picture of it and realized I had forgot my cell at the house:(. I'm still trying to figure out what that guys uses his truck for. I bet its great for picking up women:cool:. Other then that & the cool factor, I'm lost:confused:

It sure surprised me. I actually saw one of these base I5's pulling a skid steer in the hill country once!(probably around 8-9k lbs. with the trailer) Not something I would try but it seemed to handle it somewhat decently. Anyways it is always nice to see a women wheelin their ride:).

That Alpha is definitely a sweet ride too, but i could never stomach 50+ on something like that. I would rather buy the H2 and get a wonderful 8-10mpg before I did that. My boss has a few (company vehicles) and they sure get it off road. The most surprising thing to everyone that gets in them seems to be the ultra smooth ride with that independent front and rear suspension.

6. Jan 6, 2009 at 8:21 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    All the bed locks I've seen in drag racing at least are integrated to the rim it self. There are alot of little holes that run around the outer bed of the rim which screw go in (after going thru the outer plate which pinches the bead) to hold the tire in place. contrary to popular belief there isn't a specific law that outlaws bead locks either. Plus they are going to have to dismount the tire in order to tell if your rims are DOT approved anyways.

I didn't really describe it very well but it probably gave you an idea of how they work.

EDIT: Here you go longhorn. This will answer alot of your questions. And I didn't really answer your question as to if you can make a stock wheel a beadlock. I could say positively not, but i would venture to say unless its some jerry rigged crap, its a no go. http://flashoffroad.com/Maintenance/wheels_tires/images/2PieceBeadlock.gif

7. Jan 6, 2009 at 8:23 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    theoretically...you can do it to a lot of rims...i dont know what specs a rim needs to have to have it done tho...heres some links
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180403
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavista/Beadlocks/Beadlocks.htm
    http://www.offroadoverstock.com/bbi.cfm
    http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54090
    http://kore4x4customs.com/asccustompages/htmlcataloga/15"-DIY-Beadlock-Kit/35.html

OR you can just buy Staun internal beadlocks and its easy and able to be done on most any wheel/tire combo you may want...
    http://www.trailduty.com/index.php?cPath=26_67

8. Jan 6, 2009 at 8:29 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    Would have never even thought that they would be illegal...

Again, tigerfan comes through with a wealth of knowledge via links! Also, internal beadlocks == not a cool looking... :)

Thanks for the links guys!

9. Jan 6, 2009 at 8:32 PM
    JimBeam

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    also...centerline makes a beadlocked wheel that is fully DOT approved etc...its in their I.C.E. line (whatever that stands for)...theyre pricey though...

to DIY youre going to have to be able to weld...and with the time you had getting your sliders on...i suggest if youre going to beadlock...buy already beadlocked wheels or the stauns

10. Jan 6, 2009 at 8:35 PM
    LonghornTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    lol! :D So far (with my limited wheeling experience), I haven't needed them. Maybe one day, but was just curious.

</off_topic>

11. Jan 6, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    Nice info Tigerfan!! I didnt realize there were DIY beadlocks out there. (new to the off road scene) It looks like the only limitations to them are maybe some huge backspacing on the wheels and the makers welding capabilities, or at least from what I read on those links. Not too shabby!

12. Jan 7, 2009 at 10:45 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i like hte cabella F series

13. Jan 7, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    We had an F650 stretch limo in Vegas over new years that was awesome! Designed to hold about 25 people in comfort......twin rear axles and would turn around in less than a 1/4 mile too!

14. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:09 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    yup... :D

15. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:20 AM
    ajviper7

ajviper7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    FL Panhandle
    Vehicle:
    08 silver TRD OR 4x4 AC
    [​IMG]

A friend of mine has this exact truck. I've ridden in it on and off road, and I have to say it's pretty neat.

16. Jan 7, 2009 at 11:32 AM
    jasonh

jasonh tossed salad anyone?

Member:
    Dallas, TX.
    Vehicle:
    2007 Pre Runner SR5
    Billy 5100's
    i thought the ranger looked a little like a hi-lux. copy catters

Products Discussed in

To Top