1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Next time you want to complain, think about this...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Mz_TazComa, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Nov 6, 2008 at 6:47 AM
    Mz_TazComa

Mz_TazComa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    '16 D-Cab TRD Sport LB
    SYDNEY (Reuters) – A bitter row has broken out between one of Sydney's largest tourist pubs and a family of five who accused chefs of serving human excrement in their gelato after they complained about noise during a football match.

State government food minister Ian Macdonald confirmed on Wednesday that frozen fecal matter had been found in a serving of chocolate gelato offered to placate pub patron Steve Whyte and his wife Jessica, who became "violently ill" after eating it.

"The stench went through my nostrils, I retched and spat it into the napkin," Jessica Whyte told the Daily Telegraph newspaper, recounting what local media are calling "gelati-gate."

The tainted sweet was allegedly served up at the Coogee Bay Hotel, one of Sydney's largest and most popular beachfront hotels, located just a few minutes south of Bondi Beach.

The pub has denied serving excrement to the Whyte's after they complained they were unable to hear a televised football game due to loud music, with both the chef and restaurant manager volunteering for DNA tests to prove their innocence.

Both sides have accused the other of money seeking, with the Whyte's claiming they were offered A$5,000 ($3,240) in hush money by pub General Manager Tony Williams, while they in turn were accused of trying to negotiate up to A$1 million in damages.

The argument over accusations of "kitchen revenge" has shocked Australians, leading into an expected searing, gelato-friendly summer, capturing national headlines for days.

Macdonald said DNA analysis would now be done to determine if the sample was of human or animal origin as police and food authorities investigate the case.

"Obviously, we are keeping an open mind and do not want to pre-empt this investigation in any manner," he said.

The eastern Sydney hotel is standing by staff and on Tuesday said its own lab tests on the chocolate gelato tub had found no evidence of contamination.

2. Nov 6, 2008 at 6:54 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Damn thats crazy!

3. Nov 6, 2008 at 7:16 AM
    jrw1965

jrw1965 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '08 dbl cab long bed 4 x 4
    Front tint, Stainless steel nerf bars, Leer tonneau, Rear spring TSB, Michelin LTX A/T2 265 70 16, Pioneer AVIC X910 so far
    Thats why I wont send anything back. If I dont like it, I just wont eat/drink it, and never go there again

4. Nov 6, 2008 at 7:20 AM
    Mz_TazComa

Mz_TazComa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    '16 D-Cab TRD Sport LB
    Me too, but in this case, they didn't send food back. They complained about the noise and it was found in their food....

5. Nov 6, 2008 at 10:02 AM
    MT_mudflaps

MT_mudflaps Just playin' on the runways

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Bellflower, CA
    Vehicle:
    Indigo SR5 PreRunner with TRD off road
    Yup, good plan of action in my book.

Products Discussed in

To Top