1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NFL Trash Talkers Thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Large, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Nov 8, 2019 at 8:57 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I'll never understand why these guys do this kind of stupid shit.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cowboys-daniel-ross-arrested-drug-gun-charges

Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Daniel Ross was arrested on drug and gun charges Wednesday in Texas, police said.

Ross, who is on injured reserve, was charged with possession of marijuana and unlawful carrying of a weapon, Frisco police said. Authorities didn’t provide more details behind the arrest.

The 26-year-old was initially stopped for playing music out of his car too loud, TMZ Sports reported, citing a police report. The officer reportedly said in the document that he pulled Ross over because of the noise and because he had temporary plates on the car.

[​IMG]
    Police in the Dallas suburb of Frisco say Cowboys defensive lineman Daniel Ross has been arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and unlawful carrying of a weapon, Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019. (Frisco Police Department via AP)

The officer said he smelled a “strong odor” of marijuana emanating from the vehicle and before the car was searched Ross told the officer there was a handgun inside, TMZ Sports reported. The officer reportedly discovered a Springfield XD 9mm handgun and .12 ounces of weed in the car.

According to an arrest video, obtained by TMZ Sports, Ross told the officer there was weed and a gun in the car because he and his friends brought marijuana to the gun range the day prior. The officer chided Ross for doing that.

“I'm assuming if you play for the Cowboys, you've got a lot to lose,” the officer said. “I mean, you've got to think about those things!”

Ross is in his second season with the Cowboys. He played 13 games last year in a backup role. He had 14 tackles and one sack. He joined Dallas in 2017 off the Kansas City Chiefs’ practice squad.

The Cowboys didn’t comment on the arrest.

2. Nov 8, 2019 at 8:59 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Oh I agree. It will be close if anything. But I think if they are going to suffer a complete meltdown it would be at the hands of the Saints.

PzTank[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Nov 8, 2019 at 8:59 AM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3 made from real Tornado's!
    A few additions to make me feel cool.
    If the Saints stay healthy I don't think they will be denied. Not after what happened last year and Brees knows him chances are winding down.

98tacoma27 likes this.
  4. Nov 8, 2019 at 9:09 AM
    uhplifted

uhplifted The Hopfather

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    Can take the boy from the hood but can’t take the hood from the boy.

At least this wasn’t too bad. Just from reading your quotes from it, seems like he complied and wasn’t being an idiot about it. Also lol @ 0.12 ounces of weed. Dude had just over 3 grams but that doesn’t sound as bad as .12 ounces. Either way, don’t advertise yourself to get pulled over when you have any drugs on you if you’re not in a legal state lol.

5. Nov 8, 2019 at 9:10 AM
    bagleboy

bagleboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    Snug top Rebel, Thule tracks, ditch tracks, Bagged rear suspension, F/R anytime camera, intermittent wiper switch...
    I'm ecstatic that "hope to win" is now "expect to win". Even if they lose some games as a gut check to expose weaknesses like their recent soft run defense. For years they looked clueless on both sides of the ball with zero pass rush and a ton of delay of game issues causing penalties or forced time outs. They have the GM, coach, and players there now and all seem to be on the same page. Jimmy G is the real deal, maybe not as flashy as the youngest batch but while still young he makes the reads and the throws like a veteran. They could lose to any top team but that goes both ways now when it didn't before.

98tacoma27 and PzTank[QUOTED] like this.
  6. Nov 8, 2019 at 9:23 AM
    bagleboy

bagleboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    Snug top Rebel, Thule tracks, ditch tracks, Bagged rear suspension, F/R anytime camera, intermittent wiper switch...
    Any of the teams around .500. A bit more consistency is all they need. With 8 games remaining anything can happen even at the top of some of the divisional races.

98tacoma27 and PzTank[QUOTED] like this.
  7. Nov 8, 2019 at 9:26 AM
    Shelf Life

Shelf Life Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 ACC CAB 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD

You can never count out Wilson. He's an eternal burr up the Niner's azz. I'm confident we have the better defense though. We'll have to see if Sherman brings it to his old team.

Meanwhile, how bout those raiders? One game behind K.C. :crapstorm:

98tacoma27[QUOTED] and PzTank like this.
  8. Nov 8, 2019 at 9:53 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Isn't Jimmy G like 27 or 28? He's been in the league for around 5 years. He IS a veteran!

98tacoma27 and PzTank like this.
  9. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:05 AM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    Sherman will bring it... He will unfortunately bring all the flags again. He's slower than he used to be and is getting caught holding more than he ever was because of it. I see Pete/Russell throwing at him a lot to maximize those penalties. But that is me being a Niners fan... always have to stay one step from positive.

98tacoma27 likes this.
  10. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:17 AM
    uhplifted

uhplifted The Hopfather

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    He’s a “veteran” in the sense he’s been in the league for that long. But he’s not really a veteran player seeing as he’s hardly seen the field consistently up until this year

98tacoma27 likes this.
  11. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:25 AM
    csmacomber

csmacomber Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno DCSB OR MT 4x4
    Doesn't he have about the equivalent of about 1 season played to this point as a starter? Maybe 2 (depends on how much he started for NE)

98tacoma27 and uhplifted[QUOTED] like this.
  12. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:28 AM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    Weed is still a felony in TX. No chill here. The governor and attorney general are still pursuing it.

98tacoma27 and uhplifted[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:30 AM
    uhplifted

uhplifted The Hopfather

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    Something like that. I tried to do a quick google search but couldn't find a number easily so I gave up. But it's not a lot of starts.

14. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:31 AM
    uhplifted

uhplifted The Hopfather

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    Right. But still it's just funny that they wrote it as 0.12 ounces instead of just saying about 3 grams. If you're a pro player, you really should be smarter than that anyways. And don't do something stupid like speed or play music loud as shit if you have illegal "drugs" in your vehicle with you.

15. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:32 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    I am assuming the officer's scale was in oz only. They don't really carry heavy duty scales in the cruisers.

16. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:34 AM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    Curious about what was illegal about the gun. You're allowed to have a firearm in your vehicle. I wonder if the presence of the weed invalidated that.

17. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:35 AM
    uhplifted

uhplifted The Hopfather

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    I would imagine a scale that weighs ounces can also do grams. If it's snow they're weighing it out in grams. Anyways who cares. Cowgirls suck

18. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:36 AM
    uhplifted

uhplifted The Hopfather

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    That would be my best guess. Maybe a non-resident thing? I don't know the laws in any way about carrying down there. The weed and a gun in the same location is bad news anywhere though. Never smart.

CaptAmerica[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:39 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Unlawful Carry of a Weapon – An Exception
    An individual is prohibited from possessing a handgun while they are committing an offense (other than an offense punishable by a traffic ticket) – even if they are in a generally permissible place to lawfully carry even without a license.

For example, imagine you put your handgun in your car where the handle is still visible, go to work, and after work you head to happy hour. Now imagine you get stopped and charged with DWI. Under Texas law, the officer can charge you with UCW because you were committing an offense other than a Class C traffic offense. So while you may have never intended to commit the offense of UCW, by possessing a handgun while committing an offense other than a traffic ticket, the officer can charge you with UCW.
    https://www.versustexas.com/criminal/unlawful-carry-of-a-weapon/

cruxofthebisquit likes this.
  20. Nov 8, 2019 at 10:40 AM
    uhplifted

uhplifted The Hopfather

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    Well there ya go. Weed + gun = no-no.