1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NFL Trash Talkers Thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Large, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Dec 13, 2019 at 9:01 AM
    Shelf Life

Shelf Life Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 ACC CAB 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD

Night game ready

[​IMG]

pat's taco likes this.
  2. Dec 13, 2019 at 9:03 AM
    rnish

rnish Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Maryland (USA)
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2nd gen
    King's, Camburg UCA, Dirt King LCA, armor
    Yea Ravens. :humble:

jowybyo likes this.
  3. Dec 13, 2019 at 9:22 AM
    Shelf Life

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Anybody else get the NFL package free from Directv for the rest of the season?

masher59 and JimboAnz like this.
  4. Dec 13, 2019 at 9:33 AM
    Dangerdave

Dangerdave Official TW jeep representative

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    20 F150
    No. Tell me more? I pay for that shit so if they are giving it free I’m gonna call and get a discount lol.

Don5352 and pat's taco like this.
  5. Dec 13, 2019 at 9:35 AM
    JimboAnz

JimboAnz #OldNorm

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimbo
    Charlotte (Cornelius) NC
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F'in Ranger
    I have never gotten it / paid for it, have had DTV for 5 years -/+. This year I have gotten every week free. Hope this trend continues.............

Shelf Life[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Dec 13, 2019 at 9:37 AM
    Dangerdave

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    20 F150
    Well I’m definitely calling to get a discount

7. Dec 13, 2019 at 9:38 AM
    Shelf Life

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:

Wow, that's a smokin deal. They just sent me an E-mail last week saying they were giving it to me for the rest of this season. Maybe not enough people are buying in? What is it now, about $400 bucks?

JimboAnz[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Dec 13, 2019 at 9:39 AM
    JimboAnz

JimboAnz #OldNorm

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimbo
    Charlotte (Cornelius) NC
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F'in Ranger
    I have no idea, I have never really looked in to it. sounds about right though. too much...................

9. Dec 13, 2019 at 9:41 AM
    JimboAnz

JimboAnz #OldNorm

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimbo
    Charlotte (Cornelius) NC
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F'in Ranger
    Mine is through ATT, ATT is the fiber provider in the area, and DTV is the TV service they bundle with

10. Dec 13, 2019 at 9:48 AM
    Shelf Life

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:

ATT owns Direc. I haven't been too happy with their increases and customer "service" moving overseas. Apparently I'm not alone, They have lost tens of thousands of subscribers this year. Greed and competition may force them to deal.

11. Dec 13, 2019 at 10:04 AM
    Don5352

Don5352 Liberty or Death

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 AC TRD OR
    Some really cool shit
    Hmmmmmmm........ Will have to look. I have Direct TV. I hate them (AT&T) but haven't switched to another medium, at this time. They promised me a price if I continued with their service for one year. I said fine. And EVERY STINKING MONTH THEREAFTER, I had to call those assholes to find out why my bill increased. I had names, and ID numbers of the gal who promised me 100 bucks a month for a year. I would give them that info and they'd say, "Sorry, Don, that promotion ended." So, I said, "Well, I had to commit to one year, why don't you?" This is bullshit. "Sorry, Don, That promotion ended." I hate AT&T. It really is the only thing I hate. Well, except for the Dodgers.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  12. Dec 13, 2019 at 10:28 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/new-york-giants-waive-janoris-jenkins

The New York Giants cut cornerback Janoris Jenkins Friday morning after the organization said he refused to acknowledge the “inappropriate and offensive language” he used while tweeting at a fan during Wednesday’s practice.

Jenkins missed practice all week due to an ankle injury he sustained during Monday night’s loss against the Philadelphia Eagles. On Friday, head coach Pat Shurmur announced that Jenkins had been waived following an exchange with a fan on Twitter where he used a derogatory term.

“This was an organizational decision,” Shurmur said. “From ownership to management to our football operations, we felt it was in the best interests of the franchise and the player. Obviously, what happened this week, and the refusal to acknowledge the inappropriate and offensive language, was the determining factor.”

Jenkins found himself in hot water Wednesday after he responded to a fan - during a team practice - who was criticizing him for not contributing this season.

Shurmur made it clear at the time that he was disappointed in the player’s use of social media during practice. Jenkins claimed the next day that it wasn’t during practice because there’s “no service in the training rooms.”

Jenkins issued an apology tweet shortly after his initial post, saying he meant no “HARM." However, the tweet had not been deleted as of Friday afternoon.

What might have been the final blow for the cornerback came Thursday inside the locker room where Jenkins offered reporters excuses, instead of apologies, as to why he chose to call the fan the offensive term he used.

“At the end of the day, it’s just a part of my culture, a part of my slang that I use. I wasn’t calling nobody no name," he said.

“Like I said, it’s just a slang that I use with my homeboys or back at home in the hood,” he continued before he was cut off by a reporter who said, “that doesn’t really make it right.”

“I never said it was right,” Jenkins fired back. “If you take it, how you gonna take it, that’s on you.”

Jenkins took to Twitter shortly after news of his release and appeared not to be bothered by it.

“Best news ever.. Thank you.”

Jenkins was in his fourth season with the Giants and played in all 13 games this season. He has tied a career-high with four interceptions this season and has 54 combined tackles.

pat's taco likes this.
  13. Dec 13, 2019 at 10:35 AM
    masher59

masher59 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Wheels, Tires, Tint, Floor Mats.
    I got it for free this season because it was my re up year. To those out there not in the know cancel your Directv as soon as your contract expires then call them right back up and order service. Gets you the Football pass free every other year plus you lose the teaser rate after the first 12 months and the second 12 you pay much higher. Life Hacks

PzTank, Don5352 and Cold Iron like this.
  14. Dec 13, 2019 at 10:53 AM
    TacoHank1998

TacoHank1998 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 Green Tacoma Base
    I would be one of those subscribers.

Tried to say I authorized $150 in additional charges. And they make you pay extra for any sports. I'm good thank you. Went with Cricket... where I can use my existing AT&T phone without unlock and Hulu live tv for cable.

Couldn't be happier.

WBF610 and masher59 like this.
  15. Dec 13, 2019 at 11:05 AM
    masher59

masher59 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Wheels, Tires, Tint, Floor Mats.
    Switched my cell to Verizon after att billed me 1600 bucks while on a trip to Italy. I did what they told me to and I called twice to make sure. After the bill I called 6 times and they said they would just charge me 400 for the ooc pass. It was denied 4 times and then I cancelled. Been with them 26 years and get treated like that. Paying almost 700 a month with cell, internet and directv. Now Verizon cell and spectrum internet but haven’t dealt with the TV yet.

Shelf Life, Cold Iron and Don5352 like this.
  16. Dec 13, 2019 at 11:49 AM
    Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Mn.
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC T|X Baja
    Not sure if it still works since ATT acquisition but I always took the shortcut and would call them to cancel and then ask to speak to retention department. Actually usually didn't have to ask, they would put me through to them.

Got DirecTV when it first came out in 94 or 95? back in Asheville, NC primarily so I could watch the Bills. Sunday Ticket started out at less then $200 a year or close to it. 2 years ago the trees here in Mn. got tall enough they blocked the signal. Even with 3 separate dishes on the roof for each of the sat transponders, I would just add a new dish and LNB every time they expanded instead of getting a dual or then tri-LNB single dish and that help to optimize my signal.

Still have Sunday Ticket because I can not get DirecTV I can now stream it, even through Amazon Video. Since AT&T purchased DirecTV they have gone down the same shit hole that Cabela's has since Bass Pro purchased them. Had AT&T in Western NC because they were the only cell provider that worked in the Mountains back there in the 90's. After I moved to Mn. and Verizon finally came in I jumped ship to Verizon in a heart beat, always had billing issues with AT&T and it was a fight to get it set straight. Sometimes they did others not so much. And AT&T left me at customer sites more than once all night when I was setting up Wide Area Networks back in the day. They always said everything was fine on their side but wait long enough and it "magically" would start to work, worst Telco ever had to deal with. So I am heavily biased against AT&T, with reason.

JimboAnz likes this.
  17. Dec 13, 2019 at 12:00 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Are you Nancies done talking about your cable rates? I thought this was a football smack talk thread?

Go home Brady, you're drunk. Lamar would smoke you in those rollerblades.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tom-brady-challenges-baltimore-ravens-lamar-jackson

Baltimore Ravens' Lamar Jackson is having a season for the ages, breaking Michael Vick’s single-season record for rushing yards Thursday night. But legendary quarterback Tom Brady thinks he can take him in a foot race -- with a little help.

The New England Patriots quarterback took to Twitter to challenge the 22-year-old not long after he broke the record in a blowout game against the New York Jets.

“Me vs Lamar, 40 Yard Dash on natural grass but he has to wear rollerblades. Who’s buying the PPV (pay per view)?”

Jackson ran for 86 yards on eight carries to break Vick's 2006 single-season record for a quarterback of 1,039 yards. Jackson, who has only started 21 professional games, has 1,108 yards rushing this season.

He led the Ravens to a 42-21 victory, throwing for five touchdowns and completing 15 of 23 passes for 212 yards. With the win, the Ravens clinched the AFC North division title.

While Brady’s tweet seemed to make light of Jackson’s all-star night, the two teams are continuing to battle for the AFC’s top seed. A Patriot’win against the Cincinnati Bandals Sunday could spoil the Raven’s chances of a first-round bye in the playoffs.

PzTank and pat's taco like this.
  18. Dec 13, 2019 at 12:02 PM
    Spring45

Spring45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    SF Bay
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma 4x4
    Go niners!

Shelf Life, Don5352 and 98tacoma27 like this.
  19. Dec 13, 2019 at 12:05 PM
    Dangerdave

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    20 F150
    Go cowboys!

20. Dec 13, 2019 at 12:05 PM
    Noelie84

Noelie84 What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Member:
    First Name:
    Noel
    Wales, Maine
    Vehicle:
    '15 Ram 2500 Land Barge
    8.5 Fisher XV2, some switches, some lights.
    Probably, but it'd be funny as hell to watch :notsure:

To Top