1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NFL Trash Talkers Thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Large, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Dec 29, 2015 at 10:33 AM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    Still comical how much you ride his nuts. Pretty sure you have a boy crush on both of them at this point

CFI AandP and StAndrew like this.
  2. Dec 29, 2015 at 10:59 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Good question. Should be interesting to see where it goes.

I've read one article quickly on it but it stated it happened in 2011. The league banned it that year. Perhaps he was usuing it legally if so?

3. Dec 29, 2015 at 11:29 AM
    horstuff

horstuff Re-member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2015 Base 2.7 Access Cab 4x4 5 sp
    We get it, we really do... you really, really, really like Brady. Doubtful you'll be able to hammer that point home more than you already have.

4. Dec 29, 2015 at 11:30 AM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    I thought the manning thing had already been retracted?

RockyMtnTRD and KodiakToyTRD like this.
  5. Dec 29, 2015 at 12:47 PM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    It's not even just about me being a fan of a player/team. It's about how literally everyone immediately assumed Brady was a cheater. Immediately. Over nothing. And people still think that. It's fine, but why is the same reaction not coming about Peyton? I mean HGH was shipped to his wife at his address. Let's see all his private emails! Make him turn over his cell phone! Go through his texts and interpret things as guilty immediately and tell everyone! Let's have him testify he did not take HGH under oath! Let's spend $5 million and get Ted Wells to find "evidence" that he's guilty! Let's take the whole thing to court immediately without any evidence and when a federal judge throws it out, let's appeal! Let's have the biggest sports network in the country falsely report things, and not correct them!

Oh wait, this is about Peyton Manning and PEDs...

Never mind.

6. Dec 29, 2015 at 12:54 PM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    Accuser dude already recanted his story, confessed he made it all up after Al Jazeera ran it and everyone else started fact checking it.

7. Dec 29, 2015 at 12:58 PM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    and then they fact checked his "recant" and found that he lied while trying to cover everything he said up. So... and the same shit happened to Brady with ball PSI being falsely reported, and false leaks coming from all kinds of people, but it didnt change anyones opinion, so why should it with Manning? Is it because Manning doesn't win?

8. Dec 29, 2015 at 1:11 PM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    Its pretty clear you see Peyton as the best QB, that is why you spend so much time trying to prove Brady is better than him. Like when the Broncos played and you "wished" Peyton had played. Its cute, its like the little boy in school that won't admit he likes a girl

9. Dec 29, 2015 at 1:17 PM
    CaptAmerica

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    Vehicle:
    Because Peyton is a genuinely nice guy, doesn't take himself seriously, and did this (I laugh my head off every time I see it):
    http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/united-way/n12129

I've never heard of him being a dick to anyone, and I see more stories like this:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-peyton-is-the-classiest-player-ive-ever-met/

I think his time as a player is over, which is kind of sad, but his days as a coach will soon be here. Is he perfect? I'm sure he isn't, and there are times he can be a bit of an asshole when the situation calls for it. But he doesn't go out of his way to be an asshole, which is something that can't be said about some other quarterbacks (achoophilrivers).

I'm not a Broncos or Colts fan, but I do respect Peyton as a player and look forward to seeing what he can do as a coach. To prove I'm a disinterested third party here, I'm still cringing at my Bengals backup QB fucking up the last snap of the game last night. WTF, McCarron? Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ!

10. Dec 29, 2015 at 1:18 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    All I'm going to say is that this argument is not really about Manning and Brady. It's about Brady, Belichick, Kraft, the Patriots and Peyton Manning. People, rightly, have a built in reason to not trust the Patriots. I know that's really hard for you to understand but any fan of the NFL who is not a fan of the Patriots thinks they cheat. The NFL itself thinks they cheat. Other owners think they cheat. Other coaches think they cheat. Players and on and on.

In life once your reputation is brought into question you are fucked, double fucked when you continue to behave in a way that invites speculation.

Most people don't have a reason to not believe Peyton Manning.

SWOreBowHunter and CaptAmerica like this.
  11. Dec 29, 2015 at 1:24 PM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    There was no reason not to believe Brady either. The fact that he is having another MVP season, the season after he was accused of cheating, the season after his life was double fucked by everyone with a microphone and access to a camera, further backs up the fact that there was no reason not to believe him. What I'm getting at, is that it's because Brady wins and Manning doesnt. As often. And people cant stand seeing someone win.

12. Dec 29, 2015 at 1:25 PM
    Shelf Life

Shelf Life Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '06 ACC CAB 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
  13. Dec 29, 2015 at 1:28 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    He conveniently destroyed his cell phone right before he was requested to turn it over. No assumptions on my part. The fact of the matter is, many former quarterbacks have come out and said that they like the ball a specific way and would have them adjusted accordingly. The Pats just got called out on it. Part of it is because, let's face it, it's the Pats. They are a franchise that is hated by just as many fans that love them.

The Pat's track record on cheating did not help Tom Brady, either. The fact that they have been caught before will always cast doubt on them.

14. Dec 29, 2015 at 1:30 PM
    CaptAmerica

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    Vehicle:
    That organizational cheating stink is on Tom forever. Whether it's tapping radio transmissions, hidden microphones, shotgun mikes, NE's history of corporate espionage occurred while Tom was QB and he will always carry that guilt by association no matter the level of his involvement. Even if Tom was 100% unaware and innocent in any of the "gates" that have occurred, the fact that there are members in the organization that feel it is okay to perform these actions are a solid tell to the environment there. Tom is viewed as a product of that environment, no matter to the degree it has affected him, and that is a tarnish that can never be polished away.

15. Dec 29, 2015 at 2:25 PM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    Yeah. ... plus they cheat!

:rofl::D

16. Dec 29, 2015 at 3:38 PM
    SWOreBowHunter

SWOreBowHunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '14 AC 4x4
    Front: 5100s and 884x Rear: Dakars and OME Nitrochargers
    Brady was associated with the biggest cheating scandal in NFL history, which was swept under the rug by Goodell. Manning has never been associated with cheating. This is why deflategate and the HGH report were treated differently.

CFI AandP likes this.
  17. Dec 29, 2015 at 4:28 PM
    SH7mi

SH7mi YotaWerx Pro Tune PA MD DE NJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    West Grove, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB OR Black YotaWerx Tune
    AE manifold spacer Bed lights Seat Jackers Blackvue Dashcam YotaWerx Tuned Fumoto Oil Pan Valve
    Chip Kelly is GONE...
    Hallelujah !!!

18. Dec 29, 2015 at 4:33 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    They couldn't test for HGH in 2011. Technically, for a while during the lockout, Manning wasn't even technically employed by the NFL, so he could have done whatever the fuck he wanted, as could everyone else.

CFI AandP likes this.
  19. Dec 29, 2015 at 4:35 PM
    WheelInTheSky

WheelInTheSky Ramblin' Man

Member:
    First Name:
    G
    Jackson Hole
    Vehicle:
    02 XtraCab 4x4 SR5-speed
    I'm not all that surprised to find out that the players didn't like him.

Andy Reid is a wise and kindly Walrus-Man, Chip Kelly seems to lack a wide angle view of reality.

20. Dec 29, 2015 at 5:23 PM
    SH7mi

SH7mi YotaWerx Pro Tune PA MD DE NJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    West Grove, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB OR Black YotaWerx Tune
    AE manifold spacer Bed lights Seat Jackers Blackvue Dashcam YotaWerx Tuned Fumoto Oil Pan Valve
    Chip got rid of every offensive weapon he inherited and his Defensive coordinator, Bill Davis, is an idiot !

To Top