1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NHTSA reviewing issues with 2009, 2010 Toyota Corolla steering

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by epa4wd, Feb 10, 2010.

1. epa4wd

epa4wd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 2WD
    Clazzio Seat Covers Extang Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover TRD Skid Plate Side Steps 43% Front Tint Pop and Lock TRD Exhaust
    http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/02/09/nhtsa-reviewing-issues-with-2009-2010-toyota-corolla-steering/

I got to admit, my truck does this too. I noticed the first time I drove it but never really payed to much attention to it. I drive mostly city so it does not bother me but I guess if you drive mostly highway it can be annoying. I just figured it was due to the truck being light. :cool:

2. navysob

navysob Carolina Alliance: Virginia Beach and Greenville

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 SR5
    28/20 Tint, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, 3" AAL's, Front Level Kit, Gas Shocks in the Rear, Tow Hitch, Black Step-Bars, Bull Bar, Off Road Lights
    I drive over 100 miles a day on the freeway, never noticed this with the Tacoma. My best friend used to have an 09 Corolla, and neither of us noticed a problem with the steering. Maybe it is just people driving tired or after drinking too much. Just my 2 cents!

3. ywen

ywen Well-Known Member

Member:
    Put a fork in her.. she's done.

Toyota, the next Isuzu. For the US market at least

4. epa4wd

epa4wd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 2WD
    Clazzio Seat Covers Extang Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover TRD Skid Plate Side Steps 43% Front Tint Pop and Lock TRD Exhaust
    lol thats call a fallacy of hasty generalization, just because you didn't doesn't provide enough evidence to state that none have the problem.

Your second statement could be classified as a Ad Hominem fallacy maybe even a False Alternative fallacy.

As I said, I think the wandering is due to upcoming wind and the lightness of the vehicle / aerodynamics maybe?. I have experience it and I have the lightest model (Reg Cab 4-cyl). BTW I'm not saying everyone with my model will experience it, I'm just saying that I believe that is true that SOME people MIGHT experience it.

BTW let me rewrite your argument:

I have not experience this therefore its not true.
    Your car wanders therefore you are drunk.

:facepalm:

5. ywen

ywen Well-Known Member

Member:
    Two personal experiences does not represent statistical truth. Surely you know this...

To Top