1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nice bumper for 2nd Gen Tacomas

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kylemob, May 20, 2008.

1. Jun 16, 2008 at 12:45 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Thinking out loud here...

. Mounting to the tailgate (van-style) wouldn't work when the tailgate is down.
    . Mounting sideways like some motorcycles could open up options, but I think vertical space is at more of a premium than horizontal.
    . Mounting in the rear window behind the driver's seat would look cheap and wouldn't be functional when the bed is full or when running a cap.

The remaining option would be to drop the coin on the aftermarket bumper and drill some holes for the plate. That's providing there aren't shackle mounts eating up the necessary space, and that you don't mind drilling into your new toy.

It does seem like an obvious need. I'm surprised nobody has come up with a bolt-on solution yet.

2. Jun 16, 2008 at 12:48 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Dude...wait, what?

stoner_450.jpg

3. Jun 16, 2008 at 12:52 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Oh, I'm sorry... Guess I expected too much of you. Coming in here and complaining about this bumper, saying others are essentially better, but no evidence (pics, links, part numbers, price, etc). Don't let me get in your way. Less than 20 posts and insulting members already. Great way to start out. :thumbsup:

4. Jun 16, 2008 at 1:19 PM
    gpspowell

gpspowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 4WD TRD Off Road
    TRD Supercharger, TDR CAI, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Old Man Emu 2 1/2" lift kit (886s & Dakars), Full All Pro armor inc. locker guard, Custom fuel tank armor, All Pro Rock Sliders, ARB front bumper, IPF 800XS Driving Lights, Ramsey REP 8000 winch, Centerline wheels, 285X75X16 Michelin LT AT2s, Snug Top shell, SoundLinQ audio interface for my iPod.
    What'd I miss here? Maybe you AREN'T old enough to drive...or read.

Since I've been driving Toyotas, offroad, since the end of the Viet Nam war I don't really feel I'm just starting out. Don't take yourself so seriously. I'm just pulling your chain, and you're making it easy.

5. Jun 16, 2008 at 7:41 PM
    OverKillOffRoad-AP

OverKillOffRoad-AP Member

Member:
    Madison Heights, Virginia
    Hello,

I have to order my 2005 bumper center sections 10 or more at a time. If you let me know before hand and want to wait for the next batch ordered, I would be glad to have a few offset the Plate cutout and integrate the hitch where the plate currently is. Bad thing is that the factory bumper and the one I build, bolts to the hitch, so if you eliminate the hitch, You will need 2 brackets that replace the Factory hitch assembly. So if that's what needs to happen, i can do the offset plate, add the receiver, and design and cut/form the brackets for $100.

In the near future I want top build a bumper similar to ARMOROLOGY. He refuses to ship, and costs more than me, but he offers a PERFECT fit, and build the bumper on your truck for that reason. He builds custom fit bumpers and not bumpers that fit any truck, just specific to the truck he has sitting on his property.

The attached picture is of the 84-94 truck, 95-2004 Tacoma bumpers ai also build and sell on eBay. They run as shown for $365 plus $85 shipping lower 48.

Thanks and GOD bless.

79c3_2.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Jun 16, 2008 at 9:02 PM
    gpspowell

gpspowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 4WD TRD Off Road
    TRD Supercharger, TDR CAI, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Old Man Emu 2 1/2" lift kit (886s & Dakars), Full All Pro armor inc. locker guard, Custom fuel tank armor, All Pro Rock Sliders, ARB front bumper, IPF 800XS Driving Lights, Ramsey REP 8000 winch, Centerline wheels, 285X75X16 Michelin LT AT2s, Snug Top shell, SoundLinQ audio interface for my iPod.
    If you start producing a bumper that incorporates the hitch, thereby gaining the ground clearance, please post it here. I'd love to see it. All Pro is probably a few months from having their bumper on the market and I'd rather buy from a vet than not anyway.

7. Jun 17, 2008 at 2:22 PM
    OverKillOffRoad-AP

Member:
    Sure thing. Keep a watch out. It would be faster if I had an order for such a bumper, as i would have the funds and the motivation, but I will try to see what I can do. God Bless

8. Jun 26, 2008 at 5:41 AM
    OverKillOffRoad-AP

Member:
    Bumpe for gracoery money... My son was born on the 13th... 3 kids under 3 , thats me.. God Bless

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Jun 29, 2008 at 11:11 AM
    OverKillOffRoad-AP

Member:

Products Discussed in

To Top