1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NinjaxBart's 2020 Cement Grey

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Builds (2016-2023)' started by NinjaxBart, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Jul 29, 2020 at 6:28 AM
    jeremy5000

jeremy5000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Any updated thoughts on the General ATX? Thinking of getting a set soon as these are cheaper than the KO2s and still have the white letters.

2. Aug 3, 2020 at 10:18 AM
    NinjaxBart

NinjaxBart [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma Off-Road DCSB Cement
    Really loving the General Grabber's so far but I haven't had a chance to try then in mud or snow yet. Just pavement, but so far I'm happy with the fact they're quiet and smooth/ comfortable on highway cruises out to the mountains!!

So no mudflaps for 1 month now and I don't have any chips or dings around the lower fender area. I think the fenders themselves actually do most of the work, because I do have significant amount of chips on the plastic black fenders, even with the mudflaps though, so I think most rocks are hitting up in that spot.

With that said, the plan is to put the mudflaps back on soon once I get a chance to dremel them down and find a way to make them fit better without rubbing. My dremel crapped out 2 weeks ago so I'm kinda waiting for a decent sale to buy a new one.

Upgraded the reverse lights to some Prolightz PL1 T15 bulbs, I really like these ones...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeU_5dh_tUo

[​IMG]DSC02845-2 by Spencer, on Flickr

Some recent shots...

[​IMG]Untitled by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC02592 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC02735 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC02789 by Spencer, on Flickr

I also got a new dashcam unit sent to me in the mail, this time from a new company to me called Vantrue, they sent me out their N4 Model to do some reviews / marketing photos for them. It's a 3 channel dashcam which is really cool, geared more towards uber / taxi's to record inside the vehicle. The unit itself is pretty cool though with one of the widest FOV's I've seen on a dashcam, 1440p, and 1080 interior + 1080 rear. I'll have some example footage in a week or so of this!

[​IMG]DSC02754 by Spencer, on Flickr

jeremy5000 likes this.
  3. Aug 14, 2020 at 8:01 AM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    Got out into the mountains this past weekend and really enjoyed taking the Taco' down some of those gravel roads down behind Canmore (Spray Lakes) etc. and I realize comparing it to the WRX is like apples to oranges but the truck just handles those gravel roads so nicely, especially since getting the new tires. It's still bumpy, but it's alot less 'jolting' if that makes sense and I don't feel like I'm about to break or damage something haha... (has anyone beat my record on 4 front lips ripped off yet??)

We hiked a spot that we had attempted last Summer and had to turn back on because of downpour rains once we got about half way up (which when you're determined to climb a mountain, is such a defeated feeling, it really sucks turning back after so much determination) so I'm really stoked on completing this one!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvcmIzCHeoQ

[​IMG]DSC03152 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC03110 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC03037 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC03179 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

jeremy5000 and HRDTAC0 like this.
  4. Aug 18, 2020 at 8:05 AM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    Installed the new Diode Dynamics kit for the SS3 Ditch Lights. Same lights are the foglights but they came out with a nice simple and low profile bracket that mounts to the hood for bottom pillar lights. I spent probably close to 10 hours on this one and I think it's my most favorite editing sequence to date. I basically uninstalled the old video software I was using so that I could really force myself to learn Premiere Pro and now I'm saying to myself what I think everyone does who makes the switch.."Why didn't I do this years ago!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUskv93L7Nw

[​IMG]DSC03201 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC03183 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC03189 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

jeremy5000 likes this.
  5. Aug 19, 2020 at 7:43 AM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    Went and explored a bit last night, and the new Sony 85mm lens has really motivated me to want to shoot more. I realized everything I shot is in portrait, but this lens just feels like it neeeeeds to be shot in portrait haha, everything just looks soo good!!

[​IMG]DSC03235 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC03207 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC03220 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC03218 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

jeremy5000 likes this.
  6. Aug 27, 2020 at 11:13 AM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
  7. Aug 28, 2020 at 3:33 PM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
  8. Aug 31, 2020 at 2:01 PM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    It's been a busy past week!! Here's a short video I filmed and edited of our weekend trip out to Waiparous! Had alot of fun for the first time taking this Taco' out!! If you've got a sec. and wanna help my support my channel and leave a comment I'd appreciate that very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7IUWfuPkk&t=

Also installed a RA Motorsports custom made panel for the rear bed! Super stoked on this! (We've been having backyard fires so much lately, love it)

[​IMG]DSC03729 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

Also picked up the RA Motorsports bed rack...

[​IMG]DSC03728 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

Tossed some recovery boards on, haha.. I'll probably have these on more in the Winter time for helping people out when they're stuck in snow.

[​IMG]DSC03763 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

Then drove up to Edmonton, to get some PPF work done, and install some new headlights...

[​IMG]DSC03951 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC03955 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC04043 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

9. Sep 12, 2020 at 2:43 PM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    Here's a fun video I did installing the RA Motorsports bed cross bars / rack! Surprise, a roof top tent will be going on in a few weeks haha, just in time for the cold weather! But, for now, this is just another small piece of the puzzle in preparation for next years road-trip expedition we're planning!! There's a little teaser intro in this video ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8YQZHhzxGY&t=

[​IMG]DSC04162 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC04217 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC04169 by Spencer, on Flickr

jeremy5000 likes this.
  10. Sep 30, 2020 at 7:39 AM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    I hate when tires get that sort of dried-out look and begin turning brown/ grey.. I know people sometimes just slap a tire dressing over top but then I find that all will sling off right away.. looks bad. So I made some sort of really cinematic DIY on how I clean (scrub) the rubber treads on the tires and then use tire dressing.. sticks and lasts way longer, looks so much better, and really no downside! Nice Sunday afternoon while doing some jobs out in the Garage!

If you haven't seen or used CarPro's HydrO2 stuff before, it's seriously awesome stuff (especially for wheels).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVUOVDfSMhA&t=167s

[​IMG]DSC04682 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC04697 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC04701 by Spencer, on Flickr

11. Sep 30, 2020 at 3:33 PM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    Doing some testing work of the new DR900 X - Series Dashcam from Blackvue. Still the same ol' front 4K CMOS Sensor from Blackvue...

1. Added new LTE Module / SIM Card ability to access and view Dashcam live / playback / gps tracking anywhere.
    2. The real 'big' news is the new X Series dashcams do NOT require a power magic pro. It's not completely built into the unit, with voltage monitoring settings accessible via the phone app.

[​IMG]DSC04711 by Spencer, on Flickr

Probably won't keep this unit as it's not worthwhile to rewire it all with my B124X battery for no real added features that I'd get use out of.

Full install and example footage video coming soon.

[​IMG]DSC04732 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC04717 by Spencer, on Flickr

12. Oct 9, 2020 at 8:04 AM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    A couple new videos up on the YT Channel featuring the Blackvue DR900X Series. Pretty sweet thing about this new dashcam is that it has build in voltage monitoring, so you no longer need a power magic pro at all, it's just straight hard-wire and monitors voltage for parking mode 24/7. (You can adjust voltage and time settings via phone app.) They also added the ability to plug in a new LTE module which is kinda cool if you wanna view the cam from anywhere, but you need a SIM card and data plan ofcourse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw8kfTxEhLg&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwKIwooQYTk&t

13. Oct 14, 2020 at 1:52 PM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    I'd been working on a project over the past week for some marketing on these SS3's.... then last night I was out running some errands and suddenly that thick fog rolled in. I practically scrapped everything I had done on the project till then and was so excited with the fog I ended up working on this one till about 2am compiling and editing together haha.. So this one's a good 5 hours of editing and probably 3 hours of filming, all for a minute clip eh!

I'd really appreciate your guys support with the youtube if you might have a moment to leave a comment / like / share, etc.!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49AOPiWefio

14. Nov 3, 2020 at 9:07 AM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    So last weekend I finally had a chance to really test the limits of the Tacoma (well, not really, but still my first time out in this level of trail). It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed it. Managed to get the Tacoma stuck a few times, this one was pretty fun. It looks waaay worse than it actually was though (just because of all the mud spraying up haha!)

[​IMG]

Pretty easy to pull out, just need a little tug and we were on our way again..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some clips from the day out...
    [video=youtube;v4aNqJdOFO8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4aNqJdOFO8&t=[/video]

Shortly after the part where we were stuck, I was coming around a sharper corner and the rear wheel had lifted slightly, as I came down I landed ontop of a chunk of ice that was seemingly indestructible. It left a small 2" dent on the lower rocker, can't even see it unless you really crouch down. After some back and forth deciding if I wanted to fix I figured I'd just do a little touch up paint on the spot and then leave it. I'll be covering it soon anyways with sliders.

[​IMG]DSC05370 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC05383 by Spencer, on Flickr

I was also out there shooting some work for a company called MORRFlate. I'm really happy about this one because it's starting to feel like this could become a full-time type of thing someday, doing photo and video work for companies, etc.!
    Here's a few shots and a video I put together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;l_0-M3E34bY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_0-M3E34bY&t=[/video]

[​IMG]

A few more recent shots by [MENTION=340725]The[/MENTION]CarCreative (www.instagram.com/thecarcreative)
    [​IMG]DSC05405 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG] [​IMG]

My RTT also arrived!!

[​IMG]

15. Nov 18, 2020 at 10:29 AM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    Picked up some sequential turn signals for the mirrors. Install was the easiest I've done so far, only took about 5 minutes each side! Very happy with them and how they now match the headlights turn signals!!

If you've got a few minutes to check out the video I did and leave a comment, I would be very thankful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-1Qp9-VCU0&t=

We also had an awesome day out in Banff this past weekend too driving the Tacoma! I'm reminded especially on highway drives into the mountains how much I enjoy this truck. Just feels so solid cruising through the mountains and pulling over to check out the views.

[​IMG]DSC05547 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC05473 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC05538 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC05511 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC05549 by SHPIXX, on Flickr

16. Nov 25, 2020 at 12:55 AM
    kite_325

kite_325 A simple human, being

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDOR
  17. Jan 1, 2021 at 8:13 AM
    RCrumb

RCrumb Dumb as Dirt

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OR Premium-Auto
    What headlights do you have? I know there an upgrade, look good. Thx

18. Jan 1, 2021 at 10:06 AM
    along16

along16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 DCOR
    Awesome!

19. Jan 4, 2021 at 5:15 AM
    Norsk

Norsk YotaWerx Authorized Tuner

Member:
    Did you set the Voltage cutoff and the timer for your DR900X? I installed mine on Saturday, and I am still learning.

20. Jun 11, 2021 at 11:25 AM
    NinjaxBart

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Vehicle:
    It has been a while since I've updated the build thread! :eek:

The Tacoma has come a fair ways since my last post, and it's finally some really nice weather here! We've been out camping the past 5 weekends in a row, which has been awesome.

We also installed our Roof top tent setup. This is called the 'Tamarack Adventure Series', 2 - 3 Person, 4 Season RTT! It's very spacious inside and surprisingly comfortable. Slept really good!

Some shots from the first back-country trip:

[​IMG]DSC07236 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC07245 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DJI_0036 by Spencer, on Flickr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghoHBR1gvVE&t=

Also camping in the Alberta Badlands, which was probably one of my favourite places so far because of the hiking in the area. This is such a drastic contrast to our Rocky Mountains here in Canada, this is total desert with the hoodoo rock formations. Apparently here there are scorpions, rattle snakes, and black widow spiders (you'll find some warning signs in the areas.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMwAmb1iZEk&t=

[​IMG]DSC07622 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC07780 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC07758 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC07570 by Spencer, on Flickr

Then we went on a fishing trip that was really fun. First time out fishing this year (we fished only about a dozen times last Summer) so really looking forward to going fishing more.

[​IMG]DSC07805 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC08031 by Spencer, on Flickr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxbio1dG9qs

Strung up some lights, ran them off the Tacoma battery... but have a portable generator coming..

[​IMG]DSC08000 by Spencer, on Flickr

We also took our Italian greyhound camping. IG's have practically no fur, just fine hair and very thing skin! So she had to be extra bundled up to keep warm but she did great and really loved it.

[​IMG]DSC08101 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC08093 by Spencer, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC08154 by Spencer, on Flickr

Products Discussed in

To Top