1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

nitto TG- P or LT rating?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by SoCalBlack08, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Jun 15, 2009 at 11:14 PM
    SoCalBlack08

SoCalBlack08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC
    should i get P or LT? the guy said P i enough for my truck and the other rating would be too heavy?

2. Jun 15, 2009 at 11:17 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...
    I just bought Terra Grappler P265-70-17's

3. Jun 15, 2009 at 11:35 PM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    i have the same size as you ^ only had them since January and my tread is almost half way, I do drive alot (put about 20,000 on them) but I always rotate them every 5,000 miles and im kind of dissapointed with the life on these.

I think next time im going with the Toyo open country's, or BFG,s AT KO's, Nittos wear to quick IMO

4. Jun 15, 2009 at 11:39 PM
    ROCKSLINGER

ROCKSLINGER Zombie Response Team

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Fox Coilover with reservoir, Fox Remote Rear reservoir, Wheeler's 3 pack AAL, Grillcraft Grille color matched, Rampage 50" LED Light Bar, Relentless 1/4" IFS-Mid and Transfer case Skids, Relentless High Clearance Rear Bumper, Kenwood 1800 watt Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 Shallow Sub, 1 Farad Capacitor, Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech Floor Mats, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Flowmaster Delta 40, URD MAF Calibrator, URD Short Shifter, CST Black Leather W/Red Stich, On Board Air, Train Horns,
    well if you dont plan on doing much off roading then i would say passenger rated tires would be fine and also much cheaper but if you do you might just spend the extra money on some good all terrains that are light truck rated just to be on the safe side

5. Jun 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...

I had BF-G' At's on my lifted GMC before my Taco. I didnt care for them.

6. Jun 17, 2009 at 2:19 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    I have these also, P rated is just fine and they have held up well to my occasional offroading.

20k and half way through the tread, so 40k for new tires and you are disappointed? I'll be thrilled that mine last that long!
    BTW..Toyo and Nitto are made by the same company. My bf had the Toyo and they didn't last 20k. Toyo/Nitto are a softer tire than BFG so they will wear slightly faster, but IMO they provide a much nicer ride. ;)

7. Jun 17, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    sibanez

sibanez Well-Known Member

Member:
    Camp Hill, PA & New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 SR5 XCab
    Leer camper Thule rack
    The Load Range D TGs are not as heavy as KOs with the same load range, but the passenger tires will hold up well. I ran 265/70/17 TGs on my 03 4Runner and never had an issue with the sidewalls failing. I ran them at Paragon and Rausch which both have lots of sharp rocks (slate mostly) and didn't run into any issues. They do wear faster than other tires (you'll be lucky to get 30k from them), but they provide more grip in the dry and wet and a better ride than other tires I have used (KOs, Firestone ATs, Kumho ATs).

Products Discussed in

To Top