1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NJ B.S. Thread

Discussion in 'North East' started by JLink, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Sep 13, 2017 at 3:57 PM
    The Hunter

The Hunter Sailing the high Puddle's

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Monroe NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Submarine
    Flux capacitor and bi-plane wings
    When you get them free from the dealer its nice lol. Ive done all but 1 on my truck.

Blackout14 likes this.
  2. Sep 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM
    HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade NOOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garage Most Likely
    Vehicle:
    DCFB (RIP)
    Some Stuff
    I gave up on the free oil changes from the dealer after the first couple. It was less time consuming and annoying to just do it myself...

Blackout14 likes this.
  3. Sep 13, 2017 at 4:38 PM
    V5ioV

V5ioV My drinking team has a wheeling problem

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    I'm too lazy for the disposal.... that's really the reason why.

4. Sep 13, 2017 at 4:39 PM
    HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade NOOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garage Most Likely
    Vehicle:
    DCFB (RIP)
    Some Stuff
    Toyota "care". They don't even CARE enough to grease the fucking driveshafts.

Blackout14 likes this.
  5. Sep 13, 2017 at 4:39 PM
    HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade NOOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garage Most Likely
    Vehicle:
    DCFB (RIP)
    Some Stuff
    Yeah, I can get rid of it at work. That helps.

Blackout14 and V5ioV[QUOTED] like this.
  6. Sep 13, 2017 at 4:42 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    King 2.5 Rem Resi Ext Travel w/comp adj w/700# springs, TC Uni-Ball UCAs, ARB/OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ King 2.5 Rem Resi w/comp adj and custm eyelets, Stealth Custom Series F-5 Wheels wrapped on: 285/75/16 Fierce Attitudes, BORA 2.25 wheel spacers, GOODRIDGE extended Brake lines, Triple-6" Double Row LED Light Bars behind lower grill, ATFL MOD, TRD Ball Type Shift Knob, Husky WeatherBeater Floor Liners, 60'' HiLift Xtreme, 4xInnovations Bolt-On Sliders w/Kickout, Spring Hanger Skid, Custom BlackPipe Fabs CMC and custom FYL Bed Rack, CVT Mt. Shasta RTT, Trasharoo, 4xInnovations HiLift Bedside Mounts, 4xInnovations Front Skid Plate, TOYWERX Ghost Raptor thin-lip Satoshi Grill, RedLine Hood Struts, 4xInnovations Transmission Skid and T-Case Skid Plates, Wheelers Rear SuperBumps Bump Stops, All-Pro Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit, UltraGauge, ARB OBA, Pelfreybilt HC rear Bumper, Rotopax system (Single Mounting Plate and Bed Rail Mounting Plate both with LOX handles.
    They want appointments for oil changes at most of the dealer by me or that pass by while commuting.... fuck that

Blackout14 likes this.
  7. Sep 13, 2017 at 4:43 PM
    HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade NOOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garage Most Likely
    Vehicle:
    DCFB (RIP)
    Some Stuff
    I can't stand going to the dealer for anything.

8. Sep 13, 2017 at 4:43 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    I don't want to bottle it or have to carry the pan even if I had a way to get rid if it TBH...

Don't auto parts store take fluids for free?

9. Sep 13, 2017 at 4:48 PM
    HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade NOOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garage Most Likely
    Vehicle:
    DCFB (RIP)
    Some Stuff
    I have a 5 gallon pail with a spout. I just funnel it in, and pour it in a barrel at work when it's full.

I have no idea about part stores taking it. I've worked at the same place for nine years. Prior to that, I could leave it at the transfer station in the town that I lived in in NH.

10. Sep 13, 2017 at 5:10 PM
    ToyRyd04

ToyRyd04 Taco Transformer

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Perryville, MD
    Vehicle:
    '04 PreRunner
    SAS'd PreRunner Diamond Axles Crawlbox
    Alot of town/city maintenance facilities have free public oil dumps.

One by me has oil, coolant, and transmission holding tanks free to dump. Then metal is free to drop off at the dump.

Tatts521 and The Hunter like this.
  11. Sep 13, 2017 at 5:11 PM
    Toy4me

Toy4me Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    NNJ
    Vehicle:
    '10 DCLB TRD Sport MGM
    Googled "KFC chicken Recipe" and marinated several pounds of chicken in buttermilk and some spices on monday. Broke out the cast iron skillet and tonight is homemade KFC night.

IMG_2043.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg

JJ TACO, Tatts521, p_chinnici and 2 others like this.
  12. Sep 13, 2017 at 5:15 PM
    ToyRyd04

ToyRyd04 Taco Transformer

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Perryville, MD
    Vehicle:
    '04 PreRunner
    SAS'd PreRunner Diamond Axles Crawlbox
    My local one is too far away haha dump is closer!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    The Hunter and Blackout14 like this.
  13. Sep 13, 2017 at 5:17 PM
    Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero NOOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Frederick, CO
    Vehicle:
    '06 DCSB
    None
    I'm sure you know but any auto zone/advance will take it

planters15 likes this.
  14. Sep 13, 2017 at 5:35 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    Wasn't sure but mentioned it a few posts up

15. Sep 13, 2017 at 5:40 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    @Sub-Zero

16. Sep 13, 2017 at 6:23 PM
    The Hunter

The Hunter Sailing the high Puddle's

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Monroe NJ
    Vehicle:
    2011 Submarine
    Flux capacitor and bi-plane wings
    Don't ask where mine goes :anonymous:

My original toyota dealer told me stock tacoma drive shafts are not grease-able. This dealer I took the truck to now the tech came over talking about the lift and the tires and all the stuff on my truck and took me out to show me his truck lifted with kings on 33s ebc brakes and bed rack with the works on it. I felt pretty comfortable with him working on it with how clean his truck was and he said he wheels it often.

As prior mentioned yep. If I don't get lazy I eventually take it to the pepboys 3 minutes down the road from me.

Blackout14 likes this.
  17. Sep 13, 2017 at 6:54 PM
    cynicalrider

cynicalrider #NFG

Member:
    Jersey
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 TRD 4x4, '23 Bronco Wildtrak, 2017 HSQV FE350
    Drop bracket lift and booger welds
    This. Mine takes all that stuff, great for doing oil changes and when I was doing my diffs. Took my scrap tires as well. I can also get free fill dirt and wood to split there as well.

Blackout14 likes this.
  18. Sep 14, 2017 at 1:26 AM
    diabetiktaco

diabetiktaco Instalander

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Lexus LX 470
    Fuck that. It's literally a 6 minute job on this truck.

stairgod likes this.
  19. Sep 14, 2017 at 8:14 PM
    V5ioV

Member:
    First Name:
    V5ioV
    Out n 'bout
    Vehicle:
    '13 Pewp Water Slut
    Stay away from their fill dirt if possible

The Hunter likes this.
  20. Sep 15, 2017 at 9:32 AM
    Subway4X4

Subway4X4 Shameless Copy Cat

Member:
    First Name:
    Lloyd
    NY/NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Speedway Blue DCSB OR TRD
    Everything TW members recommend
    Dealer wanted three hundred bucks to diagnose. So, I....

Did the Prius Inverter Coolant warning light correction mod.

Before:
    IMG_1062.jpg

Tools & Materials needed:
    Sharp scissors
    1/2" x 1" electrical tape

Procedure:
    1. Cut electrical tape to size.
    2. Apply tape to dashboard, making sure warning light is completely masked.
    3. Take pictures for this write up.

After:
    IMG_1063.jpg

04yota, MY50cal and Blackout14 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top