1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No Album art work or info on head unit

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 2013TRD, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Jan 28, 2015 at 6:24 AM
    Saskabush

Saskabush Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    Elka 2.5" DSC w/ Dakars, Archive Hammer Hangers, SPC UCAs, Timbren bumps, 16" TRD baja wheels, 265/75r16 BFG K02, 1.25" wheel spacers, TRD skid plate, N-Fab spare tire box mount.
    Sorry again to revive but has anyone figured out why the album art won't show up while using bluetooth? I have a 2013 and it has never shown the artwork. Only the little bluetooth icon where the album art would be. It shows up with iPod/USB though.

Also, when I was getting the undercoating done, they gave me a 2013 Corolla to drive for the day and I clearly remember it showing the album art while using bluetooth.

Is there some sort of firmware/software update that needs to be done perhaps?

2. Jan 30, 2015 at 8:12 PM
    Valsmere

Valsmere Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    EXPENSIVE
    tail gate lock, rear view mirror bracket, hood hinge brackets, and the list grows.
    My '13 Sport with the stick radio, no etune option, when using blue tooth doesn't show album art. I'm using an iPhone 6 for my music. Just tried it today

3. Aug 31, 2015 at 12:52 PM
    Saskabush

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    Elka 2.5" DSC w/ Dakars, Archive Hammer Hangers, SPC UCAs, Timbren bumps, 16" TRD baja wheels, 265/75r16 BFG K02, 1.25" wheel spacers, TRD skid plate, N-Fab spare tire box mount.
    I think I figured it out. Seems that only the Premium stereo system (with nav and entune) will show album art over Bluetooth. They must have disabled that feature for the base versions... :annoyed:

Kolter45 likes this.
  4. Sep 1, 2015 at 7:46 AM
    Nessmuk

Nessmuk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Charlottesville, Va
    Vehicle:
    2.7 5sp AC w/SR & convenience pkg
    Saskabush, does that also apply to USB sticks? I have the Etune Audio touchscreen HU in my 2015 AC and can't get album art to show with anything. Under Audio Settings is a Check box to do just that, but I can't get them to show. So they just put the setting there, but it doesn't do a thing? Toyotas idea of a joke?

5. Sep 1, 2015 at 8:34 AM
    Saskabush

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport
    I'm not totally sure how it works with USB sticks. It really depends on the metadata of each file and whether its a "supported" format I suppose. Without getting too technical, some files like .mp3 don't always have the artwork embedded in the file. And even the ones that do may only work in some players (usually with internet connection). I don't know exactly how Toyota's system works but im assuming it uses a built in database (such as Gracenote) that it uses for artwork and album information. I know that when I stick my Audioslave CD in, all the song/album names show up. That info is not typically stored on the CD. The system recognizes the disc and compares it to its database and pulls that information. With files like mp3, the player relies on the data that is embedded in the file.

6. Sep 1, 2015 at 8:42 AM
    ElderP

ElderP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    15 Access 4x4 V6 SR5
    Installed Cooper At/3's (265/70R16) and ProComp 7089 Rims. Tinted front windows. Did the Fog Light Anytime mod. Did the tailgate mod. Added running boards. Adding sound Deadening from RAAMaudio. Replacing stock speakers with Polk Audio DB6501's.
    I had a 2013 with a basic head-unit, and it showed artwork, as it does on my 2015 with the HD radio. I'm using blue-tooth and a Samsung Galaxy s4. On the phone I use "Rocket Player" free. In the settings I have "Prefer ID3 artwork" and "Update Whole Album" checked. The phone doesn't even show up or play when attached via USB.

7. Jan 29, 2016 at 4:52 PM
    Taco77

Taco77 Member

Member:
    Plainwell, MI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Sorry to bring back an old thread...
    I just got a 2013 (JBL w/Nav). The head unit was never updated so it was running 2.1 software. I play songs through bluetooth from an Android phone running Lollipop. With 2.1 on the head unit some album art transferred. Weird, but some did and some did not. Only album art that was NOT done in iTunes would show up...weird but that is what was happening. I just updated the radio unit software to 5.1 this week and now no album art is displayed. Even worse, when album art was not displayed in 2.1 it would at least change to match the music (from "Alternative" to "Country" to "Pop", and such when the music changed). Now it only stays on "Alternative". Same songs as before, same phone, no change in album art.

Anyone else seeing this?

8. Sep 8, 2016 at 1:49 PM
    FordNutz

FordNutz New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    tacoma base 2.7
    I have a 2015 tacoma sport. I had the album covers displayed. then one day it did not work and hasn't worked since.

9. Nov 30, 2016 at 8:37 AM
    Naumoff42

Naumoff42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    This is not assuring to me. Mine was working great on my 2015 and now I've got the same album art stuck on every song I play

10. Sep 16, 2018 at 8:52 AM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    Did you ever figure this out? My 2013 just started doing this exact thing. No track info or anything half the time, and the other times it will not update the new song on screen when I change songs (still shows the first song I played when I entered the truck).

11. Sep 16, 2018 at 12:22 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5, 03 Prerunner
    2003: Stock 2007: Avid Offroad sliders, 30% front tint, bed mat, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, bilsten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scangauge, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs and Toytec tps for 3'' front lift, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload; compustar 2-way remote start; Antennex shorty antenna, pop n lock tailgate lock with programmable key, seat covers, Toyota's crappy all-weather floor mats (should have got Husky's or Weathertechs), TRD skid plate, led light pods mounted in front bumper valence w/ Eyourlife wireless harness and remote, led bed lights, light pods mounted in bed, Devil Horns emblem from Diaz Fabrications, rear facing pod lights in bed, under seat lights,
    Update: I updated my Samsung music app and everything is working as normal again. Don't know why that didn't occur to me sooner.

Products Discussed in

To Top