1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No cabin heat

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by brono, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Mar 21, 2020 at 6:51 PM
    splitbolt

splitbolt Voodoo Witch Doctor

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OFFROAD DCSB MGM
    Coolant bypass pipe cracked?

brono[OP] and AKGSD like this.
  2. Mar 21, 2020 at 7:36 PM
    Taco_Coma

Taco_Coma That's a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

Member:
    South NJ
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB SR5
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it or if you fixed the problem but it's usually the blend door when there's no heat

brono[OP] likes this.
  3. Mar 29, 2020 at 1:25 PM
    Canufixit

Canufixit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    People ask me "CANUFIXIT"!
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco
    "Access" Tonneau cover. Bed Mat. Hitch, Timbren SES
    Any update?

4. Mar 29, 2020 at 2:34 PM
    brono

brono [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma 4x4 auto
    My Tacoma is still in at the dealership I’m hoping to get an update tomorrow they still have not fixed it as far as I know

Canufixit likes this.
  5. Mar 29, 2020 at 4:54 PM
    Canufixit

Member:
    First Name:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco
    WOW ! Your First Post was on Feb 6 ??? Well, I feel for you. Only one thing I can think of since so many have looked at this .... it may be A Possible WAY unexpected issue. To think outside the box (and please realize I do /NOT have all the info the Dealer has on the issue ...).

Maybe ?
    1 - A Piece of Metal/casting/gasket etc. material in the system. Metal Left over from a casting, a piece of gasket (i.e. cutout hole material from the gasket not punched out/taken off/ not notice during Factory install. Piece(s) traveled into block/ heater core/ hose valves, etc. AND it can Move!, Shift and move downstream - therefore changing the issues/problems -and - once one area is checked, it moves / shifts back to the same area with added Coolant flow ????

2 - This one is off the wall but I'll state it and explain where I have heard of it before ... A Disgruntled employee in the assembly line (or a inattentive one ?) "Lost" something during assembly - i.e. Socket, Allen wrench, wedding ring, etc. etc. It wound up in the cooling system...
    A Story I heard long ago... A friend mechanic was asked to fix the rattle in the back rear quarter of a station wagon. Rattle has Been there since new and Dealer could not find it. Fast forward past Warranty - The owner is going absolutely NUTS with the sound. Brought to my Mechanic friend and said to find it or burn it. IT was there "sometimes "plain as day but not findable. The Mechanic finally cut out the inner closed in body panel to get access to the welded closed area - and pulls out a "COKE BOTTLE".

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    brono[QUOTED][OP] and AKGSD like this.
  6. Mar 29, 2020 at 4:55 PM
    AKGSD

AKGSD Warranty denied

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2019 QSDCSBTRDOR4X4V6MT
    Dog hair, metaltech 4x4 rocksliders, KBVooDoo bed risers, Smittybilt RTT, 3” spacer lift (Removed!), caliraised ditch lights, amazon rock lights, OVtune, Skewp
    I’d heard the same thing once, but in a boxed frame

Canufixit[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Apr 6, 2020 at 5:54 AM
    brono

brono [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma 4x4 auto
    Pretty much the same update as earlier Toyota still has my truck they say they still want to fix it so with it being under warranty I don’t have much choice in the matter they need to fix my truck .Toyota Canada is involved With an engineer they said they would send an engineer to the shop but with this COVID-19 they cannot do that.I’ve asked if I give Toyota $10-$12,000 they give me a new truck . They said if I give them $25,000 they would give me a new truck I said I have bought four brand new Toyota trucks a smaller tundra in 09 a full-size tundra ,and a 2013 Tacoma and The one I own now a 2016 Tacoma .Toyota Canada said so you haven’t bought these vehicles in Ontario where My truck is now . I said I have spent $200,000 in purchasing Toyotas In British Columbia Canada since 2009. if it wasn’t for people like me this dealership wouldn’t have the Toyota sign out in the front of the building. I said Toyota does not make any money off me in this particular situation meaning I get the truck at their cost etc. they do not make any money and they do not lose any money. I believe this offer is fair they judge to differ.
    Thank you everybody for the comments and input!

AKGSD likes this.
  8. Apr 6, 2020 at 6:13 AM
    Canufixit

Member:
    First Name:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco
    That's a shame .....

I'd try this. I'd run your trade in value for your truck in KBB or NADA (or equivalent in Canada?) then check selling pricing for your truck in your area. Based on that info you can get a semi accurate trade in price for your truck. Add your 10 to $12K and see if you are close to the MSRP (Minus a few thousand dealer profit) of the truck you are will to buy new.

If it's close, I'd go to the Toyota Corp site and send a complaint/request for assistance (with your Data) - describe your issue with your current truck (or current complaint tracking number) and ask them why this is not possible. At least you would get something in writing from Toyota that you later have in case you need to retain a lawyer .... You may what to see your dealer first with the same info you are going to send to Toyota just to give them a last chance to make you a deal .... JMO. Best of Luck !!

over60, AKGSD and brono[OP] like this.
  9. Apr 6, 2020 at 6:20 AM
    RX1cobra

RX1cobra Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    19 OR
    I was helping a buddy figure out why one vent in the house didn't blow out air. Pulled the duct apart and there was a beer bottle in it that over the last 20 years collected enough dust to block the vent off.

SR-71A likes this.
  10. Apr 6, 2020 at 6:50 AM
    brono

brono [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma 4x4 auto
    This is the proposal I gave to the manager of the dealership you give me a truck at your cost Also you do not make any money off me in this deal.he said they make $3000 on a new truck when they sell it . So he gave me $2400 off so he makes $600 So right off the bat he makes $600 then he said he would give me 25,000 on a trade-in I said you were going to turn around and sell my truck for 32 to 35,000 now you make 7000 on my truck I said you give me 32,000 as a trade-in he wouldn’t go for that also my truck has an extended warranty I said you throw in the extended warranty the same as mine I also had my vehicle under coated in BC. you throw in the undercoating They don’t do undercoating here in Ontario ,we will give you the anti-rust box regular price is 1,200 so he knocked $200 off of the box .I had to paid full price for the extended warranty and I still have 25 months left on my extended warranty so he didn’t want to prorate it .
    In response to this Toyota Canada said they would subtract only $1000 more on whatever the dealership agreed with me I said absolutely not that’s nice of you to offer me the thousand dollars but that’s not good enough. I also told Toyota Canada I want a weekly update on my truck included in the update is the number of hours that they work on my truck on a weekly basis so if I phone them and say how many hours did you work on my truck this week I’m expecting an answer this is for me to see if they’re actually working on my truck to resolve this issue it’s been over two months now this is unacceptable
    Here’s his deal
    $46,000 new truck
    - 2,400 dealer discount ... note he makes 600
    43,600 total price
    3,009 platinum warranty 160 thousand K
    $1200 rust module
    -$200 discount for rust module
    $25,000 trade-in
    $3000 tax
    $26,000 financed amount that I pay these numbers are extremely close a rounded some of them.
    My proposal ......
    $46,000 new truck
    -$3000 dealer discount
    $43,000 new truck total price
    $32,000 trade-in
    $1,500 tax
    $12,500 approximately I pay for a new truck
    I was told by the manager absolutely not I have spoken to Toyota Canada ,actually I have spoken to a Toyota Canada manager so my case has been ramped up it took two months to get it ramped up so I could speak to a manager I gave my request to the manager they said they could only add a discount of $1000 so I said fix my truck .
    I also said To Toyota Canada managerI’m done negotiating I told her I would only except 35,000 for a trade-in $3000 dealer discount, Give me 160 thousand kilometre platinum warranty the rust proof module At no cost !

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Canufixit likes this.
  11. Apr 6, 2020 at 6:57 AM
    Canufixit

Member:
    First Name:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco
    Bummer .... I do hope this gets cleared up one way or the other soon ....

12. Apr 7, 2020 at 5:36 AM
    Chew

Chew Not so well known user

Member:
    First Name:
    Chewy
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD OR
    Amazon dog poo bed mat mod
    Damn, hopefully thei get your truck fixed soon. Stay on em! Polite, but steady pressure, don't all for a call back on a certain day, tell them you will be calling back on x date for an update. All this booshit virus stuff isn't helping, because weekly visits at peak hours, will help too.

Canufixit, brono[OP] and SR-71A like this.
  13. Apr 7, 2020 at 6:36 AM
    Canufixit

Member:
    First Name:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco
    "weekly visits at peak hours, will help too."...... I like this .... Also, I also bring a note book and write down, in front of the Service Adviser and Service manager, Date, time, Who I'm speaking with, relevant status, promises, agreements, etc. Although it does act as a record, it let's the DEALER know you are keeping a record of everything and helps to be sure they don't just jerk you around .... Especially when they see you write down their names in front of them ...

brono[OP] and Chew[QUOTED] like this.
  14. Apr 7, 2020 at 6:58 AM
    Chew

Member:
    First Name:
    Chewy
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD OR

That's another very important step! I do this with even minor transactions. I recently paid a small medical bill over the phone, and go figure, I was billed again- good news was I had my notes and confirmation number written on the first.
    Less and less these days, but ever notice how respectful drivers become the instant a patrol car joins the herd of traffic? You'll get the same results taking notes. Don't be afraid to ask them to pause, reiterate their words to them, and say something like "just so I have this right. You said x, y and z,,, correct?". This is a very respectful, yet stern way to put the fear of God in them. Nobody likes it, but it's perfectly acceptable.

15. Apr 7, 2020 at 6:10 PM
    brono

brono [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma 4x4 auto
    Thank you for the advice regarding keeping a log and making notes I have been doing that since I brought the truck into the shop . I did say to Toyota.canada manager to phone me once a week For an update.but I like the advice in one of the statements above phoning Toyota myself take it on my own and still let them give me a call if they wish again thank you for all the input I just have to be patient and hopefully they will resolve the issues I will keep people posted and updated when I have an update thank you

Chew and Canufixit like this.
  16. Apr 8, 2020 at 8:56 AM
    Chew

Member:
    First Name:
    Chewy
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    19 TRD OR
    Keep at it!
    Polite, but organized and consistent. They'll know you're not going away and you've documented everything like lawyer.

brono[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  17. Apr 11, 2020 at 6:23 PM
    brono

brono [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma 4x4 auto
    Just giving an update on my Tacoma. Got a phone call from Toyota Canada saying they have decided to change the heater core out and replace it ,they are going to do that early next week ,we’ll see if that fixes the problem ,they did say the engine warranty won’t cover it so my third-party extended warranty Will be used . the cost of this repair is around C$2000. I told them I still think they’re grasping at straws‘s also said to them if they change the heater core and it doesn’t solve the issue with my truck , then my third-party extended warranty is not paying for this job that they do , Toyota can pay for this job because Toyota has already changed the thermostat already change the water pump and now they’re going to change out the heater core.Oh they did say that they would possibly cover some of the cost to change out the heater core but they did not give me a dollar value that they were willing to contribute.
    We will see what next week brings us in regards to the life and times of my 2016 Tacoma.......
    To be continued".......

AKGSD, Canufixit, Bleep100 and 2 others like this.
  18. Apr 11, 2020 at 7:04 PM
    SearArtist

SearArtist Hybird

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2014 Lexus CT200h F Sport
    Battery
    I dropped a small M6 bolt in my engine bay a few months ago near the brake booster. Never hit the ground and now I hear it rolling around somewhere (assuming in the frame). Can’t find it and it drives me fucking nuts. I bought an endoscope to check in the frame and crossmembers and still can’t find it. :mad:

19. Apr 22, 2020 at 1:33 PM
    Canufixit

Member:
    First Name:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2020 Red SR 4x4 Taco

OP , Any update ??

brono[QUOTED][OP] and shakerhood like this.
  20. Apr 22, 2020 at 3:39 PM
    brono

brono [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 tacoma 4x4 auto
    I got a phone call from Toyota today they changed out the heater core it’s totally not back together should have more information tomorrow

shakerhood and Canufixit like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top