1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No Longer Stuck!

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Will Prerunner, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Jan 28, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    Will Prerunner

Will Prerunner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe Az
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD Prerunner Doublecab
    Trail-Gear rock sliders, OME Lift, kobalt tool box, herculined fender flares, CrossFab light bar, Deck plate Mod, Differential Breather Extension, 32"goodyear duratracs Pioneer 3 way speakers, alpine head unit, Boss Bass 600 sub, custom az pinstriping
    Got pulled out--thanks if you were considering helping.

2. Jan 28, 2010 at 5:39 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
  3. Jan 28, 2010 at 5:40 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    yeee getting helped out tacoma pride

4. Jan 28, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    08TRD Sport

08TRD Sport ROOTIN AROUND

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Augusta, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    10 5th Gen 4Runner
  5. Jan 28, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    Duff Man

Duff Man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    AEM CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, DT headers, all speakers replaced with (2) 10's and amp behind rear seats, color matched grill, grillcraft, projector headlights, 8000k HID's, DC Torque wheels, 3" Toytec lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks.
  6. Jan 28, 2010 at 6:48 PM
    Symon623

Symon623 4wd Headquarters

Member:
    Peoria AZ
    Vehicle:
    85 Syota, 4.3/700r4/300/60's/§XX§
    A few
    D'you learn anything?

7. Jan 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM
    carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed
  8. Jan 28, 2010 at 7:09 PM
    Will Prerunner

Member:
    Tempe Az
    Vehicle:
    Trail-Gear rock sliders, OME Lift, kobalt tool box, herculined fender flares, CrossFab light bar, Deck plate Mod, Differential Breather Extension, 32"goodyear duratracs Pioneer 3 way speakers, alpine head unit, Boss Bass 600 sub, custom az pinstriping
    Yup don't go offroad after a big rain in 4x2. And have somebody with you with a 4x4, not another 4x2. Sorry for this dumb post. I called my mom after I got stuck to tell her where I was, just incase anything happened. I had left this site up on my computer, she knows I spend some time on here, and she got on and posted this thread. I would have been way to damn embarrased.
    I was up on mount ord across from sycamore. After a couple of hours of trying to dig out, I walked a couple of miles to the highway. Luckily a maintence guy in a snowcat was heading up to fix the towers after the big storm, and he pulled me out. Definitely learned my 4x2 isnt a 4x4.

9. Jan 28, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    Something my dad always told me is if I was going out in the mud take another person with and keep some wide and sorta long strips of old carpet with you. it will help get some traction and get you moving again.

10. Jan 28, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter

Glad to hear you got out.

11. Jan 28, 2010 at 7:29 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  12. Jan 28, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    Will Prerunner

Member:
    Tempe Az
    Vehicle:
    I was with some friends, and another vehicle but it was only a 4x2.
    I had plenty of supplies and was chained up. I was trying to stay away from the edge, so I was hugging the inside going up. Next thing I knew my left side slipped into the washed out culvert I couldnt see beneath the snow, and I dropped about 4 feet,and I was leaning at a 45 degree angle up against the mountain with snow up to my window on my inside, and the outside wheels buried to the rockers in mud. I couldnt get to the inside to hijack it, and there was no way my friends 4 runner was gonna do anything. I had some recovery straps and a 10k come along but there was no trees or large boulders close enough. It was on a hill too so I knew it was gonna take one hell of a vehicle to pull me out, I figured I'd have to wait until the snow melted and come back to winch out a stripped truck. My buddies couldn't get by me to get down, so we started to walk to the 87 to get a ride home. I was thinking about how fucked I was and how fun it was gonna be to walk to school and work in the morning, When I see a SnowCat come around the bend, I said a little prayer and figured it was my lucky day. He pulled me out with no problem, and I got out of there with just a bent up slider, 2 torn off mudflaps, a badly scraped elocker and a truck full of mud. I think my daily driver will be stayin on pavement or dry trails until I get out of school and can afford a trail rig.

13. Jan 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM
    tacoballs

tacoballs member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeffrey
    Reche Canyon
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 double cab
    tail lights, lift, wheels and tires,navagation, subwoofer,viper security and electric start,bull bar with 2 5in light, billet grill kit, and a 12 in tv
    man i made the same mistake to off-road after a big storm and buried my 4x4 and so i called my sis to bring my dads 6 inch lifted 4x4 ford f-350 but that shit sank in faster then my tacoma did. then i was screwed because it was my dads truck and he didnt know where i was and i couldn't tell him.but after hours of digging we just called a tow truck to winch it out as for my tacoma some man power pushed it out with little problem. took me about a full day to wash off all the mud and keep him from beating my ass. so your not the only one hah.it kinda made me fell better to hear other peoples storys. also i learned the same lesson ahah. heres the vid a friend made...http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-roading-trails/71248-mudding-disaster-video.html

14. Jan 29, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    Symon623

Symon623 4wd Headquarters

Member:
    Peoria AZ
    Vehicle:
    85 Syota, 4.3/700r4/300/60's/§XX§
    A few
    As long as you learned from it........ glad you got out safe. might think about what you carry in your rig regarding recovery/survival equipment...Perosonally I wheel alone occasionally but take NO chances when I do..... BUT I been doin this for almost 25 years, have a winch among other recovery equipment on board. (Along with the rig specs in my sig line) plus some survival equipment on board as well....... More when its cold/snowy/icy or other "odd"" conditions...... be prepared.

Products Discussed in

To Top