1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No mods!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Lentsnh, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Apr 11, 2009 at 10:50 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    Yeah i know I have a great truck. I am talking about mods though :)

2. Apr 12, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Ok So I found out this morning that my dad had a bit too much wine........ I said i was sorry (appearantly he though I had an attitude with him) But he said to not be sorry because he had to much wine.

But he still hasn't said anything about getting mods. :(

3. Apr 12, 2009 at 4:30 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    My parents wouldn't let me buy a car until I got through my first year of college so It would not sit and depreciate . Then I started shopping around and realized tacomas are much more affordable than I thought. They ended up agreeing to give me a no interest loan (and cover for now) the difference if I could pay 10K by the end of summer.

Now I have the mod bug bad which I assume you are experiencing. Sometimes I get carried away with trying to mod it, then I have to step back and realize they still own part of the car, and it is unfair for me to keep modding while I havnt paid it off. At my high school a lot parents bought them brand new cars, some of the nicest cars I have ever seen. Personally I did think I was better than them because I could NEVER feel right driving something I did not earn. Even now as much as I want to mod my truck, I am holding off because I still feel like it isn't rightfully mine until I can earn it completely.

Just commenting that if I were in your shoes I would not feel like I had earned it. Also my parents would have NEVER done that so I guess I can't put myself in your shoes

4. Apr 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    I'm sure he will lighten up. He just doesn't want to see the chrome plated Folgers can for an exhaust tip, peel and stick gas cap door, neon lights that shine on the ground and that kind of crap. Once he sees your are only going to do useful mods like the hose clamp mod, extra d-rings, and the all important super charger mod, he will come around. Just be patient, don't give up.

5. Apr 12, 2009 at 4:40 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sounds to me your pretty much in the same boat I am. Bad case of the mod bug and no where to use it. I thought I've earned my truck..... :)

6. Apr 12, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    I know, self restraint SUCKS haha. I'm trying to limit them to birthday and xmas gifts since I don't have a job at college but its so hard.

7. Apr 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Oh i dont do those kind of mods. Im all for the mods that will make my truck bigger better faster stronger.

And I don't give up.:) My dad told me to never give up..... I stand my ground when it comes to these things.

Im waiting on two things--Hose clamp and free toyota emblem (painted black--Thanks Paul)

8. Apr 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    hahaha Sounds soooo much like me:eek::rolleyes:

9. Apr 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM
    Buzzoff

Buzzoff Don't go ninja'in nobody don't need ninja'in

Member:
    The Nickel/5th Ward
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma DC TRD Speedway Blue
    Blacked out windows, 5100's@1.75", KMC XD Hoss795 16x8
    I agree with the majority. It's HIS truck and basically letting you use it.

With that being said show him how responsible you can be. Keep the interior clean and the exterior washed, waxed, and tires shined. Keep up with the scheduled maintenance. When you drive, do it safely and responsibly. When you go to the store, park it far away in the back parking lot...safe from those who don't take pride and their vehicles and have no problem dinging your taco. These little things will not go unnoticed...I promise!!!

Also if you don't have a job...GET ONE!!! Show that you can pay for your gas, insurance, maintenance, etc..... heck even offer to make a payment!!!! It's hard to deny someone when they are going above and beyond expectations...

Good Luck, Hito

10. Apr 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    i find it hard that there are so many thing that people write up on here that I can easily do myself because of the write ups. Its hard to get your taco noticed on here if you havn't done much!

11. Apr 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    holy crap!!! in 1990 When I was 16 I washed dishes and bought my own car! And it was a P.O.S. 79 Pontiac Bonneville. wit a sweet plush interior, But dents all over.

I am going with another spoiled kid.
    Just be glad he is letting you drive it!
    You have no idea how many 16 Y/O's would love to just be given a truck

12. Apr 12, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.

do tell....:popcorn:

I'd really like to hear how and why you at 15 have earned this truck. Seriously.

13. Apr 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Me:

Safe Driver? YES
    Paid for Gas? YES. Once.
    Keep my truck always clean? YES, Clean it every other weekend. If its not too cold.
    Getting a job? Very soon. Hopefully this summer
    Maintenence on truck? YES Im the mechanic for my family

14. Apr 12, 2009 at 5:44 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    :popcorn: crew

Lets not fan the flames guys....I think it's pretty clear where everyone stands on this one...No need to make it a big deal...

15. Apr 12, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    • I have never ever gotten in trouble
    • I always follow my parents rules
    • I'm alot better than my sister was when she was my age.
    • Help my parents out with everything.
    But really my parents brought it home to me. When I first turned 15. They were just going on their normal afternoon Starbucks break. They saw it on the lot while passing by the dealership.

16. Apr 12, 2009 at 5:49 PM
    tc2008

tc2008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Garden Grove, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Speedway Blue
    8000K HID light, LED map and dome light, cluster + AC blue, Camburg 2.5 front and rear, Deaver 10 Packs. Satoshi Grille, Eyelids, Carbon fiber hood w/ scoop, BHLM, 285/75/16 km2s, KMC enduros
    Dude, I'm 19 and I got my truck brand new when I was your age (sure hoped my parents gave me a sport edition like you but whatever I'm happy :D) It took me a while to do my first mod because money was an issue. My parents are asian so they are pretty much uptight about doing modifications to car cause their way of thinking that I'm pretty doing it for racing or showing off...Took me a while to beg them to mod my truck and also I had to save up my own money to do it, just like you now man...GOOD LUCK!!

BTW to those that think we are spoiled cause we got a car when we just learned how to drive. It wasn't so easy getting it, I personally went through a lot so I know how this kid feels, so cut him some slacks. Ya'll should go through what us kid went through then you'll understand how tough it is to be a kid now a day...

17. Apr 12, 2009 at 5:52 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual

The fact of the matter is that even if many of us don't agree with it, he caught a very lucky break in life. It may be spoiled or what not, but the thing is he is a taco owner now and an important member of this forum. I think we should drop the spoiled issue and just help him do what he wanted with his taco. Keeping personal feelings aside (if this is an issue with you move on to the next thread) lets help him out however we can!

18. Apr 12, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks bro for the help:)

19. Apr 12, 2009 at 6:08 PM
    higherlux

higherlux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    middle of S.C.
    Vehicle:
    1998 tacoma 2.7l 4wd/1986 POS
    Mall crawler status
    im exactly like u except my mom didnt buuy me a 06 she bought me a 98 a truck i really didnt want i wanted a older truck
    she was going to give me 5,000$ to buy what ever the hell i wanted but then one day she supprised me with it and i was like well....ok....its not what i wanted but i like it
    she bought my truck as a early gradiation gift and as a motivater for me to graduate because if i didnt shed sell it
    well any way.... she said she was just buying the truck for me and what ever else i wanted for it i would have to pay for it and i was all like ok im cool with that
    but the day i bought a radio for my truck she was with me and let me buy it and on the way back to the truck she said "you know thats not going in the truck right?"
    so i said rember you said what ever i wanted for the truck i would have to buy???
    well i bought this for the truck and its going in there
    then she said NO its not
    well any way 2 days later it was in there
    she didnt know about it untill 3 days after i did it and after that day she dosent really care anymore im not saying you should do somthing like this because i dont know what your dads like but my mom did yell bitch and scream but shes allways like that
    and im not bashing on my mom
    you all dont know her
    she yells and screams over nothing

20. Apr 12, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    I don't think he is spoiled, it does not look like he begged his parents for the truck, they gave it to him because they wanted to, probably because they are proud of him.

Ask yourself this, if your parents offered you a Tacoma when you were 16 years old, would you have take it?

There are many kind of parents, most of them want to give the best they can to their kids when they can afford it. Giving him a Tacoma does not mean he is spoiled, there could be many reasons to why they gave him the truck, it could be because its reliable and its safe who knows? I would definitely prefer my kid in a big safe car that will not leave him stranded in the middle of the road, or that if it gets in an accident the car could finish like a crushed can.

For me spoiled is those who get a sweet car, but do not take care of it, beat it up like if it was a $100 dollar car or a kid that is always begging for more and more. If a son of mine treated a car like crap, I would take it away from him. This kid does not look like he is like that.

He obviously has the mod bug, we all had it or still have it, that's why we loved to play with hot wheels, or ride bikes thinking we were driving a car etc etc. We were thinking of cars since we were little.

He obviously wants to give the truck a special touch..... who doesn't?

Products Discussed in

To Top