1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No problem with the TSB.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bigrog74, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Apr 30, 2009 at 6:54 AM
    bigrog74

bigrog74 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florence, SC
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Off Road Rugged Trail
    Coming Soon....real soon
    I just had my truck serviced this morning and handed the guy a copy of the tsb when I took it in. The guy asked me if I had any problems with it riding rough. I told him no, but I wanted to have it done while it was still under warranty. He said no problem and is ordering the parts today.

2. Apr 30, 2009 at 6:58 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    Very nice man. I had mine done a few months after I bought it, although my truck kept hitting the bump stops when loaded before I got the leaf springs replaced.

3. Apr 30, 2009 at 7:13 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    What dealership??? AWESOME!!!

That is amazing how it was handled, and how it should be! Congrats to you, I glad that it wasnt like pulling teeth.

4. Apr 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    I didn't have any problem either.I went in the TSB paperwork.They called Toyota.Ordered the parts and two days later,the springs were installed.
    I don't know why a dealer wouldn't want to do the tsb.
    It's a $1600(just spring-no shocks) cost retail which even at warranty pay,the dealer's share would be pretty good.
    Seems some dealers are too lazy to make the phone call to toyota on '09s.

5. Apr 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    you inspired me to see if i can get the TSB done. I just had them make the appointment for saturday morning and they're gonna check and see "what the problem is".. so.. any advice guys?

:threadjacked:

heh.. excuse that btw.

6. Apr 30, 2009 at 10:03 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Be prepared to get told to stuff it- Your truck is outside warranty (3yr/36K)...That's first up. It's not fair for you to get pissed about it if they say they won't do it.

That being said- Harsh ride, with significant rear end sag under moderate load is the normal complaint.

good luck with getting it!!

7. Apr 30, 2009 at 10:18 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Well, they didn't say it like that but I woulda preferred that to how they did gay up on it. No go on the good will thing from buying 30k rav4 yr ago or the fact that I was also looking to find something else for one of the kids. It was used, it was over 36k when I bought it so yeah, their rules FTL. But they mighta sold another xb for my kid had they done me & my truck a favor for customer loyalty. Guess they didn't wanna give up 2k worth of TSB to sell a 12k xb for cash right now either so they got screwed by their own rules FTW! Bought the xb somewhere else & NOT from a Toyota dealer either. haahaa. Gots my 5100s & TT AAL so whatever. Good luck to anyone else over 36k.............

8. Apr 30, 2009 at 10:23 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...Stuff it mighta been an overstatement- but being prepared to get told no was the point.
    I wonder what they would say if you told them that story...cause I laughed my ass off at them just now!!...lol

9. Apr 30, 2009 at 10:33 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    i'm at 33K right now. but i'm an 05.. so.. yah, he knew that and is still willing to look at the truck

10. May 2, 2009 at 12:02 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    JUST dropped my tacoma off. Theyre inspecting it. I guess the cutoff is 36,000 miles.. i'm at 36,480.. so.. yah the guy said he doesnt know what they can do.. WHO knows... but we'll see - cross your fingers for me everyone.

11. May 2, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    It's good to know I can go to Florence if Myrtle Beach (Sparks) gives me any trouble. I doubt they will, though.

12. May 2, 2009 at 12:52 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    DENIED - he says its only for 4x4.. gonna go pick her back up right now.

13. May 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Check the TSB before you go...I think prerunners are included....

Products Discussed in

To Top