1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No Skid Plates?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by newphoto, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Apr 28, 2012 at 2:56 PM
    newphoto

newphoto [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2012 V6 4WD Double Cab
    Just got underneath my new 2012 Dbl Cab with 4WD and V6 and was surprised to see that the only skid plate is on the front. No skid plate on the front diff, gas tank, or rear diff. My old 94 had them on all those places??? Looks like a real danger point is the exhaust pipe that extends lower than any other component. Not that I am going to do it anytime soon with an expensive brand new truck, but I don't think this truck is equipped for any serious off roading.

2. Apr 28, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    elmo7

elmo7 Easily Replaceable Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD OR 4x4
    You didn't get under it when you bought it?! Hell, I do that just to make the salesman think I might know a thing or two.

3. Apr 28, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns Lord of War

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road Full-Auto
    All-Pro Bumper, CBI Sliders, Icon Coilovers, BudBuilt Skids, aFe Intake, Icon VS Rear Shocks, Timbren Bumpstops, All-Pro UCAs, JDM Steering Wheel, ViAir Compressor, Klearz LED 3rd Brake Light, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Handle, Husky Front Flaps
    Didn't get a TRD Off Road package I guess? OEM skid plates are flimsy anyway, even the ones on your '94. If you intend to do "serious" off roading, get ATO or BudBuilt skid plates. They'll add about 300 lb to your truck, but you can drop the truck's weight on rocks without damage.

To Top