1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No Spark

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by workman71, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Jul 17, 2009 at 9:13 PM
    workman71

workman71 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma
    I own a 96 Tacoma 4x4 manual and love it. I could be better to it but I do change the oil every 3000 miles. It just went over 200,000 miles and still looks and drives (normally) great. I came home from the supermarket the other day and when I parked it I popped the clutch (wasn't thinking). This is not something I normally do but I figure that I'd mention it. Anyway, the truck wouldn't start after that. I have a friend who is a reputable mechanic look at it and after checking it out has narrowed it down to the Ignitor, crank position sensor, cam position sensor, and finally the outside chance that it might be the ECM. We're working without the benefit of a computer tester. My question is; where is the cam position sensor and the crank position sensor located? Thanks for any input ahead of time.

2. Jul 17, 2009 at 10:22 PM
    NavyNate06

NavyNate06 yeah i fix F/A-18s

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5
    Toytec 3 inch coilovers, OME springs/shocks, Toytec shackles, rattle can paint job, lc headers,
    hey i had sort of the same problem back when i did an engine swap. i can't say i know where the sensors are at but i found a seriously helpful website while i was doing it. its the ncttora website, they've got all the toyota pickup and tacoma dealership manuals on it. you'll be able to find all the continuity measurements and placements of parts on it. i've got a thread with a reference to it on here somewhere. i had to replace my ecu when i had no spark. hope you don't have that problem. its not cheap. good luck.

3. Jul 18, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    workman71

workman71 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma
    Thank you very much! It took me a little searching, but found what I was looking for no problems. Thank you for your time.:)

To Top