1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Noise Inside Door

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Waverly, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Jan 26, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    Waverly

Waverly [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Hood protector Running boards Tonnuea cover
    Guys.....no big deal here...but thought I would run this by on you all before maybe a dealer run.
    On opening the driver's door to full extension there is a chirp sound.Sounds like a bird? Can not really tell if it inside the door or not....any ideas? I have lube the hinges to not avail....

2. Jan 26, 2012 at 12:41 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    Sounds like somthing might be rubbing with theopening mechanism. Search around inside and see.

3. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    Use some electrical cleaner to remove all lubes then use a better lube than the one you did use.

A great non bearing lube is LPS #3. Its not cheap but its the best you can buy. This is the best lube I have found for hinges, winch cables and chains. And it is absolutely the very best for locks. Like truck shell tops, master locks. Just spray into key slot and it will never freeze or rust up again. Goes on runny and drys waxyish.

4. Jan 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM
    Waverly

Waverly [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Hood protector Running boards Tonnuea cover
    Thanks guys

5. Aug 23, 2016 at 8:41 AM
    ScottyP72

ScottyP72 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sport Crew LB
    I am having the same issue with my 14 sport. I know this is an older post but has anyone confirmed a solution to this problem? It is only the drivers side door when opened to its fullest that you hear an annoying "chirp". I have tried lithium grease, noise is still there. Any help would be great.

Thanks

6. Aug 23, 2016 at 9:40 AM
    ScottyP72

ScottyP72 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD Sport Crew LB
    Noise found ! Upon further investigation the door noise mentioned in this post has nothing to do with the hinges. What I found happening is that the lower front edge of the door is catching on a piece of weather stripping that is between the front fender and door. When the door is opened a certain amount the rubber slips off and flaps back in place. That is the noise. Hope this helps some of you.

Scott

Products Discussed in

To Top