1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Noisey Blower Motor

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 1ugly baby, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Dec 8, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    brow

brow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2020 Dodge Ram 1500
    Just got back from an appointment with my dealership over the noisy motor, Damn thing wouldn't make a sound when it was in the shop. Drive 35 miles back to my place and as soon as I pull onto my road its start squeeling like a bastard. AAARRRGGGHHH. Time to make another appoinetment and take another day off of work. Apparently the tacoma gods are not happy with me at the moment.

I have nothing constructive to add, just needed to vent.

2. Dec 8, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    larryde09

larryde09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport, White Double Cab "Yeti"
    Current: DR750S-2CH Dash Cam, USB Fast Charger in stock blank, Hondo Garage phone mount Previous: 2006 Black 2.7L 5-spd SR5 4x4 Access Cab - K&N Cold Air Intake, Modified Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Altezza Tail Lights, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, PIAA foglights with stock switch, DrawTite Hitch, OBX Shift Knob, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, DIY step bars, DIY Bed Lights, DIY Ground Lights, DIY Tailgate Electrical Box, Aftermarket switches in stock dash blanks, Sony Head Unit, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod
    Try taking a video of it (for the audio) and bring it as proof. The squeek largely depends on the weather conditions that day. And don't forget to reference the TSB because Toyota has acknowledged it's a problem.

3. Dec 8, 2010 at 6:36 PM
    Chief10Taco

Chief10Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road 4X4
    weathertech floor liners, weathertech bug deflector and side window deflector, and wet okole front seats
    sub'd for tsb # reference

4. Dec 8, 2010 at 7:53 PM
    lIlOtAcO

lIlOtAcO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Jax, FL.
    Vehicle:
    2010 S/C PreRunner SR5
    Brand FlippiN New
  5. Dec 8, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    I also had this TSB done. I took it in and said it was making noise, they fixed it, when I picked it up the tech told me there was a tsb for it. I just checked the paper work and they didnt list the tsb #, but stated that they "found a tsb for it"

6. Dec 8, 2010 at 8:30 PM
    Slip

Slip Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD OR Premium, Blue Crush
    KC fogs, Tint, Extreme LED light bar, VTX Rouges in Gun Metal.
    Hey guys,
    FYI on warranty on parts from Toyota. I ended up replacing my first blower motor on my own dime as my truck was out of warranty. Now, its chirping again. I called the dealer and they are replacing it for free. Parts guy advised me there is a 1 yr warranty on the parts they sell. He was aware I installed this myself and is still honoring the warranty. Hope this one lasts......

7. Dec 9, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    maju

maju Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Silver TRD Sport 4x4
    Undercover tonneau, Scangauge II, Garmin GPS, Michelin LTX M/S2
    Was at the dealership getting the free 10k service and free state inspection last night. I mentioned the nosie. And now have a appointment on the 20th to have it fixed. I will try and get the TSB number, if not a copy of the TSB.

The TSB document I got a glance at last night was at least 15 pages long (printed on both sides of the paper). I said jokeing "wow thats alot of instructions on how to losen and then tighten 3 screws must be wrtten by the same folkes who write the US Navy PMS cards". The Tech repled as he was looking over the paper work " Well... its not just 3 screws and it will take over 2 hours just install all the parts" (yes, thats right he said "it will take over 2 hours just install all the parts"). So apparently the TSB they have is not just remove and replace the blower.

8. Dec 9, 2010 at 5:34 PM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    2 hours seems a bit excessive.

maybe there is an updated TSB, but here is the one I have:

EDIT: apparently it was posted by knayrb already.....

Attached Files:

9. Dec 9, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    maju

maju Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    Yes I thought 2 hours was a bit much for the TSB that is posted here.

Thats why I said what I said. The TSB the Tech had was much much longer.

If anyone gets this done before I get mine post how long it took and the TSB number and revision number

10. Dec 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    cool, hopefully it's a updated TSB with a better part and fix. my new motor still chirps at me on occasion.

11. Dec 9, 2010 at 8:06 PM
    outlawtacoma

outlawtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    Well my truck has been at the dealer supposed to be getting this fixed for the 2nd time. Service guy calls today and tells me the motor is on backorder so I can come pick up my truck. He tells me that there is only 1 in the whole country. So needless to say Toyota is replacing a shit ton of theses things. I will be getting mine done when the part comes in.

12. Dec 10, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    Sigo

Sigo Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    FYSA, I've got just a little over 6k on a 2010 and am already having the blower noise. I recorded the noise on my iPone and played it for the service writer as I was at the dealership getting my rear spring leaf TSB done. I was told the blower motors are on backorder and they'll call me when it comes in. No questions asked. Jay Wolf in KC.

13. Dec 10, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    steviestyles

steviestyles The "Search" tab is your friend!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    I just broke down and bought one off Amazon for $40. The OEM ones are made by Delphi and crap. I bought an aftermarket one, I'm hoping it turns out better. :eek:

14. Dec 10, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    larryde09

larryde09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    Boston, MA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport, White Double Cab "Yeti"
    Current: DR750S-2CH Dash Cam, USB Fast Charger in stock blank, Hondo Garage phone mount Previous: 2006 Black 2.7L 5-spd SR5 4x4 Access Cab - K&N Cold Air Intake, Modified Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust, Altezza Tail Lights, Pop&Lock Tailgate Lock, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, PIAA foglights with stock switch, DrawTite Hitch, OBX Shift Knob, Hood Protector, Vent Visors, DIY step bars, DIY Bed Lights, DIY Ground Lights, DIY Tailgate Electrical Box, Aftermarket switches in stock dash blanks, Sony Head Unit, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod
    2 hours is excessive....I removed my, broke it apart all the way down to the motor windings, cleaned it, greased the bearing, put it back together and reinstalled it in less than a 1/2 hour!

If they are just replacing it with a new one, it is only 3 screws and an electrical connector...the stealership is giving you a line of crap.

15. Dec 12, 2010 at 5:43 PM
    tony92629

tony92629 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Dana Point
    Vehicle:
    2010 White Tacoma Prerunner
    5100's all the way around. Front set at .85. Camburg Spindles. Camburg Uniball 1.25 UCA's. Total Chaos LCA skid plates. Custom Deaver 10 pack rear leaf spring. BFG AT KO's 285/70/17, Weathertech floor liners, Wet Okoles. Midland CB/PA, Firestick.
    Same here - only and 1 and 2 settings!

16. Dec 12, 2010 at 5:47 PM
    HarryTaco

HarryTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB 4x4 V6 MGM
    Bed Mat, Bak Revolver Tonneau,
    The noise will come back... It always does.

17. Dec 13, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    WATacoRider

WATacoRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    Supposely, they are also installing a sound insulating kit around the glovebox/blower motor to help muffle the sound.

18. Dec 13, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    maju

maju Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    Are you sure about this? I have read rumors of this on here and other forums, but no one had any sound insulation actually done yet.

Do you have a newer TSB number or revision number?

19. Dec 13, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    MGMGRAND

MGMGRAND Well-Known Member

Member:
    WPB, FL
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD Sport
    Mine was squeaking on the ride home from the dealership (bought new in June). I mentioned it when I was in for my first oil change(12/11) and they replaced it with the updated part(87103-04041). There is no additional insulation on mine, and they only billed .2 hours. I can hear some different squeaks from the new one but I'm going wait to see if they will go away. According to the posted TSB my truck is 14k VIN#s after the update. Lets hope there is an update coming.:rolleyes:

20. Dec 14, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    builthatch

builthatch MiG-21 superfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony Mandarich
    near the ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    '11 SSM SR5 6 speed 4x4
    Hella DOT wattage high performance 9003 headlight bulbs, Optilux by Hella XY h10 fog light bulbs, Suntek HP50 tint, AFE Stage II Si intake
    my '11 has 1000 miles and it does it. it sounds like a cricket when on low. SO annoying. if i speed it up and/or turn the heat on full, then go back to low, it will subside for a while, but it comes back.

i stopped by the dealership after driving around for several hours for business today, but by the time i got there, OF COURSE it wasn't doing it.

Products Discussed in

To Top