1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Noob shock's question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by drtydru, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Jun 10, 2011 at 10:45 AM
    drtydru

drtydru [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Bucket seats, Variable speed wiper switch, 09 led Tail Lights, Satoshied front grill, DDM HIDs, Fog light install, Mud flaps removed, 1.5'AAL, Billie 1552, Toyotec front coilovers w/Billies, B.A.M.F welded sliders w/kickout,
    I have an 08 regular cab 4x4 2.7 base taco with 42000 miles. I want to put some oem bilstiens on to replace what comes on the truck. Im looking at some used shocks on this site and they seem to be going for around $200-$250 fort the set of four. Im wondering if buying used shocks is the best route to go. I dont do much "4 wheelin", more camping/dirt bike trips so mainly just fire road type offroad stuff and city driving.

Any info appreciated.

Also what are the part numbers for the bilstiens if I were to buy new online?

2. Jun 10, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    if you want used, stock shocks, try and get some with low mileage and from somebody who doesnt offroad so that youre getting more bang for your buck.

thats the best i got lol

3. Jun 10, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    fyi, ive got a stock front set of billies with 22,000 miles on them, only offroaded once if you are interested. ill give em to you for $80.

pm me if you are interested, if not, no worries

Products Discussed in

To Top