1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Noob who just ordered Toytec 3" lift

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Mikehole, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Dec 19, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    Mikehole

Mikehole [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '12 4x4 Short Bed TRD Off Road
    TRD Supercharger, Toytec 3" Ultimate Lift w/ 285/75/16s and planning on OBA for sometime in the future. Also thinking about the HWMS and a Warn 8000 for it.
  2. Dec 19, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    Mikehole

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, Toytec 3" Ultimate Lift w/ 285/75/16s and planning on OBA for sometime in the future. Also thinking about the HWMS and a Warn 8000 for it.
    The lift wasn't that expensive ($1150) and its supposed to ride as good as or better than stock. So far, it feels pretty good on the road. I haven't taken it offroad yet, and I'm not going to be able to till next year. I'm speaking without consideration of money, but I would definitely go with the coilover/AAL or new leaf spring sets. On the forum list under the "suspension" topic, there is a sticky thread for suspension FAQs/Guide or something like that, which I found VERY helpful, since I knew very little to nothing about suspensions before I started researching the lift kits. (that is the thread that introduced me to TW)
    The installation took me almost 2 full days, mostly because I've never done anything like this before, and I came up short on some tools and had to scrounge around to my neighbors for stuff I didn't have. I also spent a significant amount of money getting the needed tools, like jacks, stands, grease gun, clamps, chiltons... Don't forget to work that stuff (and the alignment ~$80) into your budget.

3. Jan 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    Mikehole

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Here's the truck with the lift and new 285/75/16s BFG All Terrain T/A KO:
    [​IMG]

It rubbed a lot before I took off the front front flap entirely and then cut the hump off the back front flap. Now it only rubs when going over curbs and whatnot.

4. Jan 7, 2012 at 3:56 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    :wave: Welcome to TW :D

Truck looks good!

5. Jan 7, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    WheelinJ91

WheelinJ91 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Edmonton,AB
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD DCSB
    Airaid Intake, MBRP Exhaust, Toytec OME 3" lift w/AAL, Flip-kit, LR UCA's, Weathertech Floor mats, hood and window deflectors.
    Hey nice to see that lift in, looks really nice, did it lift it a noticable amount when getting into the truck?

6. Jan 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM
    Mikehole

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    I'm 5-11 and I definitely notice the difference getting in. Getting out is no issue. When I get in, I used to plant my left foot, and then sit down and swing my legs in, but now I have to stand up to my toes, and even then I can only sit on the edge of the seat. Once I sit, I still have to scoot over to the center of the seat. I can live with that, since it goes with the territory of having a lifted truck.
    It's more noticable for my wife and dog. The wife uses the grab bar, and I end up picking up my dog about half the time she gets in (when she's tired). I try to help her out every time, though, because its bad for her front joints to to land after jumping out of the truck.

7. Jan 8, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    Mikehole

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! I like it too. :)

8. Jan 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    jdm.obp

jdm.obp Well-Known Member

Member:
    561, FL
    3" Pro Comp, 5% all around, Antenna X shorty, Debadged
    lift and truck looks good man, my truck is going in tomorrow for the 3" Pro Comp lift. Hopefully it won't look stupid having the stock tires on there. Rims and tires are ordered but not getting to me til next week. I might even be tempted to throw my old 305/55/20s from my old truck on there. haha

9. Jan 8, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    Neil11144

Neil11144 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    St.Louis
    Vehicle:
    96 toyota tacoma 2.7
    Brushguard,Dick Cepek fog lights
    heyy i have a 1996 tacoma and im just wanting some other opinions i am in the process of saving for a lift and i am just wondering if i could have some advice i want to lift 2.5 to 3 inches and i cant decide on a lift i deff want to do suspension so if someone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it!

10. Jan 9, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    Mikehole

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/11282-tacoma-lift-faq-guide-read.html

I found that guide very helpful when I was learning/shopping for a lift kit.

11. Jan 9, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Hold My Beer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Virginia
    sweet truck i think we have twins haha. welcome to TW!

Products Discussed in

To Top