1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

North Alabama Mod Meet

Discussion in 'South East' started by SuthrnTaco07, Nov 13, 2010.

?

What date is best for you? Friday included if wanted.

Poll closed Jan 12, 2011.
  1. Weekend of Jan 8-10

11.8%
  2. Weekend of Jan 15-17

5.9%
  3. Weekend of Jan 22-24

29.4%
  4. Weekend of Jan 29-31

88.2%
  1. Dec 30, 2010 at 2:26 AM
    11BSSG

11BSSG Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    33°28'18"N /-86°48'2"W
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 A/C 6 Spd
    Front-Billy 5100'2 @ 2.5, Rear- Wheelers 1.5" AAL w/ Billy 5100's, 17" XD Addict's, 285/70-17 Nitto TerraGrappler AT's, 20% Tint, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, N-Fab Nerf Steps, K&N, Black Head Lights, Hard Wired GPS, XM Onyx, Hardwired Radar Detector, Ultraguage, Thule Mtn Bike Lock, Sleeved Fog Light Housing, Black Emblems, Satoshi/Color Matched grille, Misc. Security Upgrades.
    Another comment on the Green Egg..... I had a Boston Butt that cooked for about 12 hours on a green egg over the holidays and it was the best meat I have ever had the pleasure of eating. I would seriously prostitute my body to get a green egg. I ate almost 4 lbs of meat off that thing in one sitting. (And I'm not that big of a fella.....)

2. Dec 30, 2010 at 7:51 AM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    ill be able to make it. so count me in someone.

3. Dec 30, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    TacoAlaMode

TacoAlaMode Mr. Midlife Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    10 DC LB MG 4X4 TRD Sport
    Icon Ext Coilover, Alcan Rear springs, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper and RockCrusher Sliders, Full tint 360', WeatherTech Floor liners and rainguards, Debadged, In Cabin 110 with 400w anytime, Diff breather mod
    Sign in- Validate the list. Add your name if you aren't on the list! This is scheduled for the 29th of January.

Just trying to get a line up of what people are doing what. Scanning through, this is what I picked up from previous post. If nothing was indicated set as meet/greet/helping hand.

1.) 04trd4X4AL -deck plate mod, fog light mod
    2.) 11BSSG -In cab 110, add fuse block, anytime fog light
    3.) jspadaro - meet/greet/helping hand
    4.) KEG'sTACO - meet/greet/helping hand
    5.) speedfreek - meet/greet/helping hand
    6.) SuthrnTaco07 - Diff breather
    7.) TacoAlaMode - Diff breather, In cab 110, Satoshi work
    8.) GotLift37 - meet/greet/helping hand
    9.) my08yoyo - BHLM?, All Pro Sliders?

4. Dec 30, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

SuthrnTaco07 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Tundra Limited
    None

I thought it was you but i guess not.. I'll look for you. I'm about to move on your end of town i think.. Its not for sure but we might move to Abbington Place off of Hobbs road!

I thought i would edit that i would like to do the in cab 110/ 400watts all the time mod also to my truck. If you're unsure about that click this link.. It shows how to get 400watts all the time.

This is the in-cab outlet
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/25900-cab-110-ac-outlets-option-2-a.html#post371662

This is the 400w link
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...-factory-inverter-always-400w.html#post372605

Diff Breather Mod
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...iff-breather-mod-dummies-pics.html#post193885

Some others that are cheap to think about.. Maybe we can get LifesAFlaw (aka Paul) to come to cause he has done a lot of these... So beg him to come if he is able to get away from school!

Lock unlock Chirp mod
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...irp-dtrl-alternating-turn-signal-modders.html

Mag Light Seat mount
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/4838-cheap-free-mods.html#post45414

Fog Light on anytime Mod (VERY EASY!!! All you need is a Female connector a peice of wire and a wire splice-in clip and done!)
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/4838-cheap-free-mods.html#post45430

One i did myself was a bedlight mods... Everyone else's seems too... well bulky so Here they have a dual purpose i used for mine (the dual purpose wont work for everyone)... Here is a pic of what i used...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are old pics off my old phone... Here's a video of the dual purpose application i use them for!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcVsgpORgUU

P.s. One of these days i will do a formal write up of all my mods and maybe someday i will get recognition for something! LOL!

5. Dec 30, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    YeahBoyyy

YeahBoyyy I <3 Taco's

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2010, Sport, 4 door, Mag Grey
    Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, Two 10" Rockford Fosgate p3 subs, Westin chrome bull bar, Westin chrome tube steps
    I'll try and find something to do... Exactly how far north are you planning on meeting?

6. Dec 30, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    Where are you coming from?

7. Dec 30, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    YeahBoyyy

YeahBoyyy I <3 Taco's

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2010, Sport, 4 door, Mag Grey
    Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, Two 10" Rockford Fosgate p3 subs, Westin chrome bull bar, Westin chrome tube steps
    Birmingham

8. Dec 30, 2010 at 4:24 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    Well link up with these guys below and they are driving up from Huey Town and B-ham and i'm sure they wouldn't mind you following a little.

11BSSG and my08yoyo are both coming from birmingham! So PM them and see what you guys can work out for the drive!

This sounds like it is going to be a damn good turn out!

At max most of these mods wont cost more than $20 and maybe more time costly than anything..

Also for anyone thinking of doing the BHLM be sure to get there EARLY or re-consider for proper drying and sealing... Maybe (i'm not sure but) if after you paint it the oven will actually speed up the drying process before you put it back together put the shroud in the oven for like 10 mins on a low heat and maybe it will dry it out.

Its going to be great and i listed some GREAT improvement mods above which are only a few that i found useful in the Cheap DIY mod tutorial listed on the first page!

Reminder i will bring a large compressor and maybe an impact wrench for heavy duty applications.. I read that i think My08yoyo has another compressor and some air toolls so that would be GREAT! Also i will be bringing a camera to document and post pictures of our first mod meet i think ever! So if this is sucessful then maybe next time we can do a Central Alabama mod meet! LOL!!

Thank you everyone for keeping this going!

9. Dec 30, 2010 at 10:52 PM
    TacoAlaMode

TacoAlaMode Mr. Midlife Crisis

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    10 DC LB MG 4X4 TRD Sport
    Icon Ext Coilover, Alcan Rear springs, Demello 3-Hoop Bumper and RockCrusher Sliders, Full tint 360', WeatherTech Floor liners and rainguards, Debadged, In Cabin 110 with 400w anytime, Diff breather mod
    We will be meeting at my house which is at the southern end of Huntsville. I am only 5 minutes from the Whitesburg bridge that comes into Huntsville on 231.

10. Dec 31, 2010 at 7:14 AM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    ok as for my wants. the sliders are a no go, still havent sold that stupid textbook nor did i get money for christmas. would like to still try to do the bhlm and possibly the diff breather. what kind of line is everyone using for that mod? i can get a discount at AZ if you wanna just go with like a fuel or vacuum line. wouldnt rec vacuum cuz no braiding but you tell me and let me know how much is needed and i can pick it up. as for tools i do have another small compressor, 3/8 impact and air ratchet along with a cheap but good and brand new torque wrench just in case. let me know if any of that sounds like something we need so i know how to load the truck before hand.

also to all that wanna ride up. they bring up a good point about gettin there early for the bhlm and that is the main mod i want so if you are followin me plan on rollin out of bed quite early so we can roll up in the driveway as soon as he will let us. takes me bout 2hrs to get from hueytown......i dont speed......costs to much. but any questions pm me. and let me know about the lines as well as tools and other things we might be in need of.

11. Dec 31, 2010 at 7:20 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    1.) 04trd4X4AL -deck plate mod, fog light mod
    2.) 11BSSG -In cab 110, add fuse block, anytime fog light
    3.) jspadaro - meet/greet/helping hand
    4.) KEG'sTACO - meet/greet/helping hand
    5.) speedfreek - meet/greet/helping hand
    6.) SuthrnTaco07 - Diff breather
    7.) TacoAlaMode - Diff breather, In cab 110, Satoshi work
    8.) GotLift37 - meet/greet/helping hand
    9.) my08yoyo - BHLM?, All Pro Sliders?
    10.) lifesaflaw123 - I can help install anything, have done it all to my truck.

12. Dec 31, 2010 at 7:24 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    tacoalamode, did i see you on bailey cover the other day?

kyle: I wouldn't go wheeling down under whitesburg bridge anymore. i got all the way to the mound last year in my truck when it was dryer and all those rut holes are stupid deep. its not even offroading anymore. not to mention with the amount of bon fires kids have out there using wooden pallets there are nails EVERYWHERE.

13. Dec 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    YAY!! You're going!! Glad to see you can make it!

Yeah i agree.. I have some video when i went when i had my 3" lift and tires and thats when it was fun but it is rediculous these days! A lot of people ruin it for the others!

14. Dec 31, 2010 at 9:30 AM
    TacoFMS

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    hey what all do i need fort the bhlm? i see several diff posts listing several dif parts lists. just trying to get everything together.

15. Dec 31, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    hell yea cant wait to get workin on some trucks!

kyle what are you doing tonight for new years eve?

16. Dec 31, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None

My family from Chicago and Arkansas came into town so i'm spending it with them.. Sorry Matt! LOL! Though hanging out down town sounds AWESOME!!!

my08yoyo,

Honestly if you want to do it the proper way get a multi pack of sand paper that includes all the way from 200 grit to 1000 grit paper, some black silicone sealer, and to be on the safe side at least 2 cans of Krylon Plastic Satin Black Spray paint and maybe at least 2 cans of Krylon Clear. That should do ya.. Some people dont add the clear but i did just for a better seal to try to save some paint while putting it back together.. If anyone else seems to think i forgot something chime in... BTW.. You might want to bring your tools just incase, With as many trucks that are going to be there the more tools the better.. Just mark them in some way and remember who you let borrow them.

17. Dec 31, 2010 at 1:27 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None

Just read one of the Diff breather mod parts list.. Here it is..

Everything you need:
    1. Toyota Part numbers:90404-51026 Camary Union and 90930-03136 (Breather Union)
    2. Drill
    3. 3/8" drill bit
    4. Teflon tape
    5. 6' of 1/4" fuel line
    6. Screwdriver (flat head)
    7. 14mm and 10mm wrenches
    8. Hose clamps
    9. Zip-ties
    10. Wirecutters or razor knife
    11. Ice cold beer (optional)

So it look like 6' per person.. find out how much it would cost and if it is worth it we'll pay you back for the hose.

18. Dec 31, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    TacoFMS

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    ok i saw the diff breather mod and got the parts ordered.... coupon from toyota will be payin for those....he he. one of many advantages of me and my girlfriend having new tacomas, always someone gettin a coupon in the mail.

i will see about gettin the hose not a prob. its like $1 or so a foot so it looks like i will need about 18 feet if i am correct and its just us three doin it. everyone plannnin to do it will need to pm me so i know for sure on the length of hose.

as for the loanin tools i will bring all mine and im kinda peculiar about my tools....as in they dont leave my sight so wont have to worry bout that.

guess ill need to stop sittin on my but and start makin a shoppin list so everyone that needs hose please pm me soon so i can be completely prepared.

Happy New Year to everyone.

19. Dec 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM
    TacoFMS

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:

one quick question about the krylon. where did you find the selection to find the krylon plastic paint. been to a couple places so far and havent seen much selection. also what type of black silicone sealeant are you talking about? just black permatex or something?

20. Dec 31, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    SuthrnTaco07

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    None
    Really.. Walmart had it when i was looking... Thats odd.. I thought that was a very popular brand...

Products Discussed in

To Top