1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

North Dakota peeps

Discussion in 'Mid West' started by tacomajason, May 19, 2009.

1. Feb 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Yeeeaaaah, soooooo, Williston...... any more info on this place? What's fun about it? What's crazy about it? Nightlife? Any info? I'm watching video of the place now from Early Feb, and booooy does it look snowy and cold. When do people start heading back to the area?

2. Feb 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    LOL.. they're there year round. There are a lot of guys, there are a lot of trucks and there is a lot of work.

3. Feb 11, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    ^^ lol Yeah, I'm watching a lot of of interviews from workers, and there seems to be a lot of $$ and a ton of work in the area. No single women, unfortunately, damnit. You from around there?

4. Feb 11, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    Bismarck. Where there is actually stuff to do without all the oilfield activities going on.

5. Feb 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Is the same $$ coming through Bismarck? Oilfield activities bad?

6. Feb 11, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    It depends on what you do for work. Plenty of oppurtunities in Bis. Better housing situation as well... The oil activites themselves aren't bad, I'm a huge supporter.. its the people it brings to the state.

7. Feb 11, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    You sound right on the money from what I've been hearing from others. Have to head to Williston, though, in the coming weeks, just not for too long, thankfully. Thanks for the insight! And stay warm, b/c it looks freezing all the time!! lol

8. Feb 12, 2013 at 5:37 AM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    haha I'm used to it! Went and rode bike on sunday.. it was like 5deg out with windchill. You'll adapt!

9. Feb 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Ew! Surprised you didn't freeze to the bike!

10. Feb 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Heading up tomorrow for a week or two. Now, let's see what ND is all about.... :wink:

11. Mar 5, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    This Williston place is nuts. Nice blizzard yesterday. Lots of women, a small handful could be attractive, and all are taken. Not enough places to eat, nothing healthy, nothing to do but drink at another bar. Hm. Most of the locals are kickass, though! I really like the people. I actually like it, but wouldn't want to live here.

12. Mar 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    Haha, the summers are beautiful, stick around long enough to experience one!

13. Oct 14, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    TacoIII

TacoIII Mr. Boombastic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Albuqerque
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4 off road package
    3" OME 886 coils, ARB bumper warn M8000, Lightforce 240's and 255/85 16 KM2, Redline hood struts,arb twin air compressor, 4.88's, Tepui kukenam, Pelfreybilt bed rack and rear high clearance with swing out, and custom offroad bodywork
    So I have the possibility of getting orders to Minot. Just browsing through and preparing myself for ND. I have heard nothing but bad things but Im keeping an open mind. What all is there to do? Badlands seem nice.

14. Oct 15, 2013 at 12:26 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Minots not a bad town but hope you like ice fishing.

15. Oct 15, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    TacoIII

TacoIII Mr. Boombastic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Albuqerque
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4 off road package
    3" OME 886 coils, ARB bumper warn M8000, Lightforce 240's and 255/85 16 KM2, Redline hood struts,arb twin air compressor, 4.88's, Tepui kukenam, Pelfreybilt bed rack and rear high clearance with swing out, and custom offroad bodywork
    Cant say I'm a fan. Cant knock it till I try it.

16. Oct 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    I couldn't find a whole lot to do but there is a lot of water up there. It's going to be cold as fuck in the winter, decent summer. Minot has everything you need.

I think the badlands are pretty far. Lots of farmland and water around you and not a whole lot else, no where I could find to off road in any decent way, there are dirt farm roads and such but... all private land too hard to shoot. May be some exploring to be had south of Watford city but I never got to.

But really if you're gonna be in ND at least it's Minot.

17. Oct 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    ^^This. I only spent two weeks in Williston and am about to head back for another week very soon. Minot was the closest civilization, and it still offered only a little. Isn't there a huge lake with watersports, though? Is that the ice-fishing you meant? Think they have a sushi bar, too. Heheheh gonna be cooooooooooold.

18. Oct 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    92LandCruiser

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Yeah they get a couple lakes up there, but yeah.

I was in Wildrose and drove to Ray and Tioga everyday, check that shit out. and Williston like twice a week.

19. Feb 28, 2014 at 8:22 AM
    yesmar

yesmar Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramsey
    Harrisburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    A couple cars
    any of you guys working in the oil fields? im thinking about trying to get up there and get some money out of it in the next couple months. I'm filling out applications and and sending resume's now. I figure even if I don't secure anything by may im just going to throw a sleeping bag in the truck and head on up.
    I'm looking for a company that provides housing any recommendations?

we have the Marcellus formation here in pa but they all require 2+years of experience. so just trying to get my foot in the door, any advice?

20. Mar 19, 2014 at 12:26 PM
    billyrayaf

billyrayaf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    waynesville,nc
    Vehicle:
    silver 09 SR5
    6in tuff country, 3.0 king coilovers, crown 7+ brake lines,LR UCA
    first off i dont work for any oil company. im stationed at the air force base in minot and alot of oil companies are set up here and work in the surrounding area. the companies that come to mind are Pumpco and zimmy which i believe pumpco might offer housing. there is more oil activity in williston, nd that offer housing but its rough living out there. i would check into some shale drilling companies; i have a few buddies that do that and they make out great. hope this help a little bit.

Products Discussed in

To Top