1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Northern Virginia Roll Call

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by r6hokie, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Sep 19, 2021 at 12:29 PM
    fatfurious2

fatfurious2 IG: great_white_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    Anyone want a Plano 36" case. Has 4 holes in the bottom to mount on a roof rack. I might have the foam somewhere. Also, handle has been removed. $50 picked up - pending

also have 2nd gen hilift mounts. Might fit 3rd gens, but not sure. $20

0A97AABD-1BD5-405D-A11F-439F3F7A8191.jpg

and have a bed net. New never used, just opened. $5

AB41C141-A697-4AF4-A0A7-5205770324EA.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    crazyfingers likes this.
  2. Sep 19, 2021 at 3:29 PM
    Mr. Projekt

Mr. Projekt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB TRD-OR 4x4 Army Green
    If I remember correctly, the next three intersections are to get the roundabout treatment as well, no lights from 7 to Hillsboro is what I thought I read when Hillsboro kicked off.[/QUOTE]

Man, I hope not, but I wouldnt be surprised...

3. Sep 19, 2021 at 5:30 PM
    soggyBottom

soggyBottom Well-Known Member

Member:
    As far as I know, Virginia requires vehicle registration to be in the vehicle. Out of curiosity, what's the penalty for not having it? To be clear, let assume everything is current (registration, insurance, etc.) But let's say I was pulled over and simply didn't have the registration paperwork in my glovebox.

4. Sep 19, 2021 at 5:33 PM
    ilubtimmyhos

ilubtimmyhos Brewer

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haymarket, VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Blue Tacoma 4x4 Pre-Runner
    4x4 Conversion w/ FJ T-Case, King 2.5 Extended Travel Coilovers w/ JBA UCAs, King 12" 2.0 Smoothies w/ BAMF relocate in the rear, OME Dakar leaf pack, 4.56 gears w/ ARB air locker, Archive Hammer Hangers w/ crossbar brace, ARB Snorkel, Custom Bed cap w/ Roofnest Sparrow XL, Retrofit Headlights, Wrapped in 3M Satin Perfect Blue
    Unless you are an ass, as long as it pulls up fine in the computer no cop will ever charge you for that.

5. Sep 19, 2021 at 5:33 PM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    @Rome604 would probably know

soggyBottom[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Sep 19, 2021 at 6:01 PM
    Rome604

Rome604 I am the Captain now

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro Sequoia
    I don’t now the official law but I don’t keep my registration in my glove box. I know for a fact that the registration info comes back when they run your license plate. If I had a cop that said I needed to produce it then I’d pull out my phone and log into the dmv website. If he still insisted I have the paper then I’d just explain I can’t find it.

7. Sep 19, 2021 at 6:47 PM
    crashdb

crashdb I break chainsaws

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Manassas, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Toyota Matrix
    Rollin' hydrocarbons!
    Did you buy that thing off Amazon? Went to go look and there's a picture of a 6'1" dude riding it and I reconsidered.

8. Sep 19, 2021 at 7:10 PM
    soggyBottom

soggyBottom Well-Known Member

Member:
    I don't really understand this one. I got pulled over a couple months ago (37 in a 25). Cop asked me if the vehicle was in my name. Then asked for my license and registration. Then went back to his car to verify. He let me go without a ticket or anything but the process seems a bit dumb. Why even ask for paperwork if you can run it?

9. Sep 19, 2021 at 7:25 PM
    Rome604

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro Sequoia
    Honestly? I don’t know. I never asked for anything more than a driver’s license after pulling someone over. There was the rare instance where it would show as “uninsured” or “unregistered” and I would ask if they had proof of registration/insurance. That was alway an after the fact request to make sure I wasn’t charging someone with something that was just a computer glitch.

10. Sep 20, 2021 at 12:13 PM
    Tiny's Taco

Tiny's Taco The Wanderer

Member:
    Shenandoah Valley
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno TRD Sport
    That's a horrible idea. What time?
    I heard a police officer that responded to the mall I used to run security at for on a stolen vehicle advise the victim, after he said the registration/insurance was in the car, advise him to carry it. If the car gets stolen, as his did, his home location is now available to the thief. Mine has been in the wallet ever since as has my wife's. We have duplicates for each car so we always have the info no matter which vehicle we would drive.

11. Sep 20, 2021 at 12:17 PM
    03dumdum

03dumdum Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Vehicle:
    White 2018 TRD OR
    Fox 2.5 rr, RCI front/mid skid JBA uca RCI rack iKamper Xcover AAL Ray 10 17x9 -38 Maxzis Razr AT 285-75r17 20% front windows & 5% strip on windshield Tactilian magnetic flags Weird engine squeal Custom pin strips.
    That would suck. Be out somewhere with your family, get your car stolen, finally get back to your house and all your crap is gone there too. When we got pulled over on the parkway the ranger said my plates and registration weren't coming back to anything in the system and still let us go with a warning. "It's all made up and the points don't matter away" haha.

12. Sep 20, 2021 at 12:22 PM
    ilubtimmyhos

ilubtimmyhos Brewer

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haymarket, VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Blue Tacoma 4x4 Pre-Runner
    4x4 Conversion w/ FJ T-Case, King 2.5 Extended Travel Coilovers w/ JBA UCAs, King 12" 2.0 Smoothies w/ BAMF relocate in the rear, OME Dakar leaf pack, 4.56 gears w/ ARB air locker, Archive Hammer Hangers w/ crossbar brace, ARB Snorkel, Custom Bed cap w/ Roofnest Sparrow XL, Retrofit Headlights, Wrapped in 3M Satin Perfect Blue
    Yea points dont matter. Here is a fun story:
    When i was young i got pulled over ALOT but i figured out that because i was getting tickets in NY and my license was in NJ and they didnt talk (yet) i didnt have to pay them. My license was suspended in NY but it never effected my NJ license. Years later i went back and cleared everything up to make sure i never had an issue. Fast forward to about 3 months ago: I try to renew my VA license and I can't. Now i have had it for a few years but now, my NJ license is coming back suspended and my national driving record is messing with my VA license. SO I call NJ:

All of my points from 2005 and 2006 in NY JUST NOW hit my NJ license, which i havent had in 8 years, and suspended it. Because they are old and I had so many I had to pay a reinstatement fee, a surcharge for their age, AND the original cost. SO, In 2021, my 18 year old self cost me $910.

Hope yall enjoyed my story. I thought it was kind of hilarious.

UntamedTaco, TaKoToy, 113tac and 9 others like this.
  13. Sep 20, 2021 at 12:47 PM
    EagleUSMCRet

EagleUSMCRet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM 4x4 Tacoma DC Limited
    ESR Magnetic Mount MAGSafe charger for iPhone; AVS Vent Visors; Replaced Entune system with Kenwood Excelon Head unit, The Taco Garage DMM for Qi charger, Owl Dash Cam and Motorola GMRS; LED interior light upgrades, ARE Z Cap w/ Yakima Rack, Front Bed Rail, Bed Rug, Tuffy Bed Lock Box, Add a leaf, Pop and Lock, Blendmount and mirror tap for radar detector, AVS Hoodflector, Redline Hood Gas Spring mod. A/C drain mod, X2 Power Premium 27M battery, Debadged the tailgate, Compustar remote start, USB charger for the rear seats, Husky Mats, Lexus Credit Card Transponder Fob, MAG Light mount, twin Hella Sharptone horns, Bedslide, Gasshole, Meso Fuze cover, TRD Gas cap cover, Passenger side locking door handle, Mr. Produxn license place mount, Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners, Valley Runner Tune....help me I can't stop!!!
    Here is another officer involved story…while in the USMC ~ summer 1987, I was transferring from Ca. to Quantico Va…. stopped in Pa. to. visit my parents and go fly fishing in North Central Pa w/ my Dad. 1987 Toyota 4x4, 4 cylinder engine w/ a 22R carburetor, loaded to the gills. I was heading to Va. from north central Pa., early on a Saturday morning, no traffic, coming down a long hill with a larger one in front of me… decided to get a running start…. got it up to ~80mph… radar detector chirped once… looked in my rear view mirror… see a state trooper pulling out from his hidden position… I immediately pull over.
    He pulls up behind me, advances to my window… drivers license and registration please… I hand it to him as requested, he returns to his car… after about 5 minutes he returns and asks if I knew how fast I was going… I reply yes and I was getting a running start for the next hill since there was only me on the road… he nodded… then asked, can you explain why you have a Ca. drivers license, Florida vehicle registration and are in Pa.? I replied that I had a home in Fla. with a homestead exemption and maintained the registration on my vehicle for tax purposes, was stationed in Ca. hence my drivers license… was transferring to Va… heading there now to find a place to live… visiting parents in Pa. and fly fishing with my Dad. He is staring at me… he said Marine Corps right? I replied yes… he paused, and then said sir, I’m going to extend you some professional courtesy, the “sailors” back in the barracks wouldn’t do this… when you get to Va., if you run into Oliver North, tell him hello and a lot of people in Pa. support him… have a good day and don’t speed. Can’t make it up.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  14. Sep 20, 2021 at 1:10 PM
    Rome604

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro Sequoia
    I had someone hand me his license and a Monopoly get out of jail free card. I had already run his information before I pulled him over so I knew he had a clean driving record. I handed everything back to him and said “since these cards are one time use you’ll need to tear it up if you’d like to use it today.” He immediately shredded it and I let him go on his way.

If you can successfully make a cop laugh you won’t get a ticket. There’s a fine line though.

15. Sep 20, 2021 at 1:21 PM
    Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro AG MT, 1997 Land Cruiser
    ADS coilovers/13" smoothies, Deaver Stage 1, Archive HH
    upload_2021-9-20_16-21-32.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    113tac, 3pooches and BTHawk like this.
  16. Sep 20, 2021 at 1:25 PM
    cryptolyme

cryptolyme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR Access Cab 4x4 2.7L
    the rocks were pretty sharp. my friend got a flat 15 minutes into Union Springs Road. only spare tire. we made it the rest of the way without any more flats, surprisingly.

17. Sep 20, 2021 at 3:23 PM
    Mr. Projekt

Mr. Projekt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB TRD-OR 4x4 Army Green
    I bought it from TxPowersports.com (they seem to have better customer service)

and dude I'm 5'7" and ride it no problem.... convinced a buddy who's the same height to buy one and he lowered it and shaved the seat down and rides it no problem... it's a TON of fun.

3pooches and crashdb[QUOTED] like this.
  18. Sep 20, 2021 at 6:18 PM
    Tiny's Taco

Tiny's Taco The Wanderer

Member:
    Shenandoah Valley
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno TRD Sport
    That's a horrible idea. What time?
    That's because yours is so fat with all that cash!

3pooches and Mojo Jojo[QUOTED] like this.
  19. Sep 20, 2021 at 7:20 PM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    Factory tires?

20. Sep 20, 2021 at 7:40 PM
    cryptolyme

cryptolyme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR Access Cab 4x4 2.7L
    he has a 2008 explorer with some crappy cooper/mesa tires. the stock tires on my taco did great. still have rocks stuck in my tires 2 weeks later...

Products Discussed in

To Top